What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best place for R. Bush? (1 Viewer)

3nOut

Footballguy
For Fantasy Football, where would R. Bush's value be best? If drafted by Houston, his FF numbers may suffer year one if DD remains there. Even if DD is dealt and Bush proves to be the real deal, he may have a hard time putting up great numbers his first year. Who should I be hoping trades up to draft Bush? NY Jets? Would he excel there year one? Who may have the ammo to make such a move on draft day? Denver? I'd take Bush in a heartbeat if he was drafted by Denver. Or is Houston his best bet?

For Fantasy Football, where would R. Bush's value be best? If drafted by Houston, his FF numbers may suffer year one if DD remains there. Even if DD is dealt and Bush proves to be the real deal, he may have a hard time putting up great numbers his first year. Who should I be hoping trades up to draft Bush? NY Jets? Would he excel there year one? Who may have the ammo to make such a move on draft day? Denver? I'd take Bush in a heartbeat if he was drafted by Denver. Or is Houston his best bet?
Hasn't DD been a top 5 rb when healthy? Why would Bush be bad in Houston if he's more talented. I think it's a good place for him. Alot of touches, especially with the dump offs. I think you'll be surprised. As lon as DD isn't splitting time. If it's Reggie job he'll put up top 15 numbers if not top 10.

Denver would be the best spot for ANY RB, especially Bush. He is perfect for their system since he reminds me of an even faster, even more elusive Clinton Portis.

Houston could end up being a good fit because he will get a year behind Dom Davis to learn the ropes, while the Texans and Kubiak rebuild the line. Makes a lot of sense. Kubiak's system makes average linemen into pro bowl caliber linemen and average RB into stud running backs. Imagine what he will be able to do with a running back who has the potential to be a stud straight out of the gate.

:2cents: My thought is that since Kubiak and Shanny have such close ties, they both understand what each others team needs. Shanny knows Houston could use more picks and guess what, they just happen to have more picks and they just acquired a pick that is a lot more tradeable. Kubiak knows that this could be the Broncos year. Like it or not, with Bush in the fold the Broncos could be a strong contender for the Super Bowl.

Trading the 2 #1's to Houston for the right to draft Bush makes a ton of sense IMHO.

Anybody behind KC's line should go to the ProBowl.

Denver and Philly wouldn't be bad either.

Trading the 2 #1's to Houston for the right to draft Bush makes a ton of sense IMHO.
The thinking behind it makes sense. But one big problem is that the perceived value of the 1.15 and 1.22 is only 60% that of the #1 (going by the draft pick value chart that is supposed to be similar to what a lot of teams use).Denver could include their whole draft and by the value chart they'd only make it up to probably the #3 pick. And look at what the Giants had to give to move from the #4 to the #1. It's still a big gap from there to fill.

In trying to keep with what I think was the spirit of the question I would say Houston is the best fit. Ruling out teams that obviously won't be able to move up (I mean you Denver, KC, and Indy) you are really left with Houston, NY Jets, New Orleans, and Tennessee. Of this group I think Houston offers the best option. They have had successful fantasy backs in the past. Their QB has shown a reliance on throwing to his running back which fits nicely with Bush's skill set. And finally, their new head coach has spent the last 10 years coaching one of the top rushing offenses in the league.

Hasn't DD been a top 5 rb when healthy? Why would Bush be bad in Houston if he's more talented. I think it's a good place for him. Alot of touches, especially with the dump offs. I think you'll be surprised. As lon as DD isn't splitting time. If it's Reggie job he'll put up top 15 numbers if not top 10.
:confused: Ok, I'm confused. If Domanick is a "top 5" RB. Why would you replace him with a RB you predict to be top 10 or top 15? There's no doubt that Bush is a playmaker, but when Houston drafts him and they are cellar dwellers yet again since they didn't trade down and pick up D'Brick...I think they wil be getting what they deserve. No one man can make a team. Carr is gonna struggle yet again if they don't get him some line help.

The thinking behind it makes sense. But one big problem is that the perceived value of the 1.15 and 1.22 is only 60% that of the #1 (going by the draft pick value chart that is supposed to be similar to what a lot of teams use).Denver could include their whole draft and by the value chart they'd only make it up to probably the #3 pick. And look at what the Giants had to give to move from the #4 to the #1. It's still a big gap from there to fill.
The value cahrt doesn't take salary cap considerations into concern though. Maybe Houston doesn't want to pay another #1 overall pick so they are willing to compromise a little to get two #1 picks...... :confused: I think they could figure out a way to make it work. Maybe throw in Tinker Bell....

The value cahrt doesn't take salary cap considerations into concern though. Maybe Houston doesn't want to pay another #1 overall pick so they are willing to compromise a little to get two #1 picks...... :confused: I think they could figure out a way to make it work. Maybe throw in Tinker Bell....
The owner in Houston has said serveral times that they will trade down only for what he calls "Godfather" deal...Basically some version of an overpayment. While they have used FA money poorly over their brief history they have managed the salary cap well enough to take on the contract of a number 1 pick. to respond to the basic idea of the thread, Bush is not a plug in and play in your system player. The offensive coordinator has to be willing to design specific things to exploit match-up problems that his skill set provides. Some running plays, some catching from the backfield, some catching out of slot, using him in motion, etc. No team should drafting Bsuh be the grind it out focus of an offense, but as the primary big play weapon in the offense.

:confused: Ok, I'm confused. If Domanick is a "top 5" RB. Why would you replace him with a RB you predict to be top 10 or top 15? There's no doubt that Bush is a playmaker, but when Houston drafts him and they are cellar dwellers yet again since they didn't trade down and pick up D'Brick...I think they wil be getting what they deserve. No one man can make a team. Carr is gonna struggle yet again if they don't get him some line help.
:goodposting: houston doesn't need Reggie Bush..they've got so many other holes to fill..

how bout they give the #1 and Carr for Plummer and the two #1s denver has (15 & 22)

then denver gets bush, and houston gets 2 o-linemen at 15 and 22...and DD runs wild behind the chop blocking houston o-line..

:lmao:

its a reach...i know..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
WHEN HEALTHY. Pretty hard to build a team around a guy that can't stay healthy. What I was stating wasn't any disrespect to DD but more of a compliment to Houston ground game. I do believe Bush will be an upgrade and I was stating top ten for the year, not just when healthy. :boxing:

Ok, I'm confused. If Domanick is a "top 5" RB. Why would you replace him with a RB you predict to be top 10 or top 15?
Thats what Casserly and Kube are asking themselves right about now. This is a team that already has the potential to put up some stunning rushing yardage. One way of looking at it is that bringing in Bush now gives them the perfect opportunity to groom a featured back under Kubiaks system without dumping all the pressure in the world on him. It also takes some of the wear and tear of DD. Those two RBBC could make everything else you do on offense gravy. Patch a defense together and you have an immediate contender. I dont think anybody or combinations of bodies you bring in this year is going to have an immediate effect either, so why not take the best available and see if you cant stomp your way towards the playoffs with a stellar running game.If you cant be good at many things, better to be outstanding at one thing than mediocre at everything. In my book anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
In trying to keep with what I think was the spirit of the question I would say Houston is the best fit. Ruling out teams that obviously won't be able to move up (I mean you Denver, KC, and Indy) you are really left with Houston, NY Jets, New Orleans, and Tennessee. Of this group I think Houston offers the best option. They have had successful fantasy backs in the past. Their QB has shown a reliance on throwing to his running back which fits nicely with Bush's skill set. And finally, their new head coach has spent the last 10 years coaching one of the top rushing offenses in the league.
:goodposting:

Houston is the best place for him because it is the only place for him. They have the pick and want the world for it, and so theyve cornered themselves into taking him and noone else out there is stupid enough to trade away multiple picks for a WR who's planning on playing RB in the pros. Who can I compare him to....Desmond Howard? He's a tremendous 'slash' type guy who can catch, return punts and kicks, line up wide...do everything but what a feature RB is expected to do....carry the ball...ALOT.

Thanks Q-Bert, you understood my question. Do you still think his value is still great in this first year with DD there?

Users who are viewing this thread