What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best way to get TV to 4 cabins (all close to each other) (1 Viewer)

CabinFever

Footballguy
Okay I admit I'm clueless about TV reception outside of having a direct tv feed. So I'm hoping I can explain my setup and what we are trying to do and get some advice from you much smarter guys.

So I am building 4 rental cabins that are all close to each other (20-25 feet between each). We are located in the Mountains and I know the closest major cities who broadcast channels area 40-60+ miles away. We have a crappy AT&T DSL 6.0 Internet that gets poor to at best decent speeds at the cabins. Bandwidth is an issue because we have a lot of people using that service.

We have a direct tv feed at my house, which is probably 50-70 yards from these cabins. (Pretty sure that is too far to tie into and use at these cabins right?)

I would like to get TV in each of the cabins without having to get another DT account and dish & receivers. I've heard a lot about offair antennas. I've heard a lot about streaming (but think our internet might be to poor) any suggestions and specific products that might fit our setup? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an expert but what is your aim exactly? If it's just a few channels for there to be anything to watch may want to buy a HD antenna and see what you can pick up?  I think a lot depends on what you want exactly... Streaming, just a little free TV, cable, direct tv, internet etc and what you're willing to spend.  If it's just to be able to watch a movie maybe a TV/DVD combo unit for each cabin.. Im guessing if you're trying to keep it cheap and being  in the mountains your options will be limited

https://nocable.org/hd-antenna-coverage-map

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, you guys suck, and i love you all. Direct TV surprised me and said they would give me 2 free receivers so it will only cost $7 per month per cabin, I can definitely live with that! 

Users who are viewing this thread