What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Better numbers: McNair with TN or with Balt (1 Viewer)

bigreese82

Footballguy
Baltimore looks like the likely landing spot for McNair. Will he post better numbers in Baltimore? Could he sniff the top 10 :popcorn:

I think getting him behind a better o-line, with a better running game and with a better tight end could only help things. Oh yeah let's not forget the WR he fed the rock to for 4 years and a young talented wr......I'll go with Balt.

I think getting him behind a better o-line, with a better running game and with a better tight end could only help things. Oh yeah let's not forget the WR he fed the rock to for 4 years and a young talented wr......I'll go with Balt.
Perfect Answer. Way better spot in Baltimore and I think could prolong his career behind that OL.

McNair would put up much better FF numbers in Tennessee, in an offense designed to pass more often than not. A Healthy McNair with healthy weapons will put up solid numbers.

Baltimore is a run 60% of the time team. No way any QB in Baltimore puts up more than 19-20 TDs.

McNair would put up much better FF numbers in Tennessee, in an offense designed to pass more often than not. A Healthy McNair with healthy weapons will put up solid numbers.

Baltimore is a run 60% of the time team. No way any QB in Baltimore puts up more than 19-20 TDs.
Was Baltimore a run first team because of the confidence they had in Boller?? I think Billick would like to strecth the ball a little more with a reliable qb behind center

Baltimore had 562 passing attempts and 452 rushes in 2005.

Baltimore is a run 60% of the time team.  No way any QB in Baltimore puts up more than 19-20 TDs.
:lmao:

Baltimore is a run 60% of the time team.  No way any QB in Baltimore puts up more than 19-20 TDs.
:own3d: Never let the facts get in the way of a good argument--

Was Baltimore a run first team because of the confidence they had in Boller?? I think Billick would like to strecth the ball a little more with a reliable qb behind center
You are correct - there is no question that they would open it up. Still would need help on the right side of the line

Last edited by a moderator:
If McNair goes to Baltimore, I see a top 3 ranking for Heap next year. McNair loves his TEs
No McNair TE has ever finished in the top 3. The most TDs McNair ever threw to a TE was 4.

They run all the time because they suck at passing.

If McNair goes to Baltimore, I see a top 3 ranking for Heap next year. McNair loves his TEs
No McNair TE has ever finished in the top 3. The most TDs McNair ever threw to a TE was 4.
Wycheck wasn't in Heap's class. And he did feed him the ball a lot. It's possible. I'd venture to say that Heap has the ability to create after the catch moreso than Wycheck did.

Didn't Baltimore's o-line have problems with pass protection last year?

:lmao:
Even for playing from behind as often as they did the rushing numbers are still not far behind of the passing numbers. If they weren't more of a rushing team I assume those passing numbers would be significantly higher. I'd say they try to stay balanced for the most part but would put them more in the "run first because our qb sucks" category. :X

Even for playing from behind as often as they did the rushing numbers are still not far behind of the passing numbers. If they weren't more of a rushing team I assume those passing numbers would be significantly higher. I'd say they try to stay balanced for the most part but would put them more in the "run first because our qb sucks" category. :X
When trailing in 2005, Baltimore had 324 pass attempts and 171 rushes. When tied or ahead, they had 235 pass attempts and 274 rushes. That rates them as #15 in terms of number of rushes when behind, and #18 in terms of number of rushes when tied or ahead; right in the middle of the pack. Anyone else have incorrect, unfounded statements for me to refute?

They also had problems run-blocking. Other than that, they were fine.

They also had problems run-blocking. Other than that, they were fine.
Yeah, I'm wondering which games all these people touting the Ravens OL were watching last year. The right side is a sieve and the left side only gets as far as Jon Ogden's aging body can take it.

Even for playing from behind as often as they did the rushing numbers are still not far behind of the passing numbers.  If they weren't more of a rushing team I assume those passing numbers would be significantly higher.  I'd say they try to stay balanced for the most part but would put them more in the "run first because our qb sucks" category.  :X
When trailing in 2005, Baltimore had 324 pass attempts and 171 rushes. When tied or ahead, they had 235 pass attempts and 274 rushes. That rates them as #15 in terms of number of rushes when behind, and #18 in terms of number of rushes when tied or ahead; right in the middle of the pack. Anyone else have incorrect, unfounded statements for me to refute?
According to my calculations and those numbers Tennessee should have 657 pass attempts and 350 rushing attempts next year. Steve McNair will throw for 5000 yards and 10 TDs!

Users who are viewing this thread