What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**BEWARE** Josh Meyer aka meyerj31 (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
We just found out in Fantasy Legends IV that Josh Meyer (meyerj31) stole $300 from the league and then quit.

For unknown reasons no one was informed that he was able to get a refund from LeagueSafe back in July (we drafted in Feb.) or that he had left the league. He was still logging in and setting his roster until this past week. It looks like once he realized that his 2-5 team wasn't going to win he decided to disappear before anyone caught onto him.

9/3/2013
  • Josh Meyer has left the league.
7/30/2013
  • Josh Meyer received a $306.00 refund.
I'm sure the other members of the league will come in post more that they know about the situation, but be warned if you are currently in any leagues with him.

He volunteered to be the Treasurer due to his past experience with LeagueSafe. We all had not used it before. Commish at the time had reservations about this guy. I think my quote was "what could happen", since we were on LeagueSafe.

Looks like he found the loophole, might even be using it in your leagues as well ... Takes the money out of the kitty unknown to all, plays for free with no ties to the team. Loses and he can bail. Traded all his next year picks, which is not unusual in dynasty.

Be careful. This guy was shady from the start. Thought we had protection from LeagueSafe, guess not.

He still built a poor team though which is funny. Guy sucks so bad can't even build a one year winner.

BTW, it's not a good endorsement for LeagueSafe that they allowed him to get a refund 5 months after our league started and then do not email the commish of the league to inform him.

Here's the reply our commish got from LeagueSafe:

Beth W. (LeagueSafe Customer Support)

Oct 29 12:32 (CDT)

Hey,

We refunded his payment because he made the refund request well before the 2013 NFL season began.

We do not notify the league commissioner via email when a league member receives a refund, or when a league member leaves the league.

LeagueSafe is never responsible for resolving disputes between a league commissioner and league members, or between league members. LeagueSafe always recommends that intra-league disputes be resolved internally. We cannot possibly know what is happening within a league hosted by ESPN, NFL.com, etc.

All these details are, however, displayed on the league events page.

You can get in touch with Josh and have him pay back into the league, but we cannot force him to do so.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using LeagueSafe.

Beth W.
Customer Service Manager

Yeah, weird. They don't want someone running off with everyone else s money, but I guess you can run away with your own money. Then again, once you pay into a league it is not your money anymore.

this sh!t incredibly spools me up. childish act that has left 11 of us shaking our heads and being forced to make changes that no startup should go through. we've been had. that being said, tool is the first word coming to mind. good luck with yer other teams dude, we will get the word out on you.

secondly, nothing matters here but funds were put in league safe and were able to be removed months after league formed. flat out assanine move on whatever league safe is calling safe. you lose. nothing safe about that. (REGARDLESS of a solution)

In the Legends IV thread I mentioned I couldn't join the league because of personal issues with LeagueSafe that I did not wish to disclose (and still don't) although the loophole he found was not one of them as I was not aware of it. Anyway, his response at the time was:

meyerj31 on 15 Jan 2013 - 9:53 PM, said

I'm fine with $300 but neither is a deal breaker. I'm also interested what could be wrong with LeagueSafe. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the company. There are tens of thousands of people that use the site but I always get a response within 24 hours (even during the first few days of football payouts this year I heard back right away and the minor issue was resolved). I've also never had an issue with league members promptly voting to pay out when it is majority approval. After cashing out from the site the money was in my account two days later. Paypal isn't even that fast much of the time.I don't think you can come on here and crap on a legitimate secure holding site without detailing exactly what issue you encountered.
I am sure his experiences were nothing but positive if they let him withdraw his league dues and then play for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this is Shark Pool:

I would always make sure your 'League Payment Deadline' is set to BEFORE your league draft. I'm fairly certain this is the loophole in which he got his funds back. My guess your 'League Payment Deadline' was set closer to the season (and not back to Feb -- when you drafted)

No reason to place anything on LeagueSafe. It's all this guy's doing. LeagueSafe even notes the importance of Payment Deadline (to prevent people from bailing after bad drafts, etc...)

I would always make sure your 'League Payment Deadline' is set to BEFORE your league draft. I'm fairly certain this is the loophole in which he got his funds back. My guess your 'League Payment Deadline' was set closer to the season (and not back to Feb -- when you drafted)

No reason to place anything on LeagueSafe. It's all this guy's doing. LeagueSafe even notes the importance of Payment Deadline (to prevent people from bailing after bad drafts, etc...)
Date was set for 3/1, money withdrawn 7/30.

Date was set for 3/1, money withdrawn 7/30.
I don't know how LeagueSafe could justify giving him a refund then.

This thread really should be pinned to the top of this forum. I don't have a horse in the race as I'm not in this league, but I despise anyone who would do something like this. It takes a lot of energy to run a league well and to be an active owner in s league.

He still built a poor team though which is funny. Guy sucks so bad can't even build a one year winner.
Don't forget - Josh the Crook told us in the Shark Pool that his teams were "ballin'" this year.

One of your other members must have posted this at another dynasty site I'm on, because when I realized I recognized the email/username I came straight here to copy and paste his thread and spread the word about this guy. Opened up the Looking For Leagues forum and to my pleasant surprise, someone was already on it.

Great job looking out for each other guys, and thanks for posting it here cstu. :thumbup:

Part of me wishes the mods would ban guys like this that are proven to have taken part in shady activities, but it's almost safer for him to be allowed to keep using the same account so we at least know what leagues he's trying to get into.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Bump.

Here's his latest post:

Charles/Graham - :fro:

Richardson - :bag:
We can see you're around, Josh. Anything to say for yourself?
He checks in one or two times a day on the message boards, but he won't post. He is a coward. Steal from your leaguemates, refuse to make it right or address it, and keep checking the boards. COWARD.

Users who are viewing this thread