What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BIG IDP Dynasty Trade-picks and players (1 Viewer)

jchap31

Footballguy
Okay I play in a 12-team IDP Dynasty League in our 5th year. I have enough Offensive firepower to make the playoffs but my defense is keeping me out of the championship game. I have an offer already accepted but is waiting until draft day ( the weekend beofre the reg. season) until it goes into effect if the players are healthy. My roster:QB: P. Manning, B. Leftwich, P. Ramsey, C. SimmsRB: LT2, J. lewis, W. mcgahee, J. Jones, S. JacksonWR: R. Moss, T Holt, L Fitz, Roy Williams, A toomer, J Morton, Reggie williams, A. bryantTE: gonzo, L.J smith, KW IIK: J Brown, P DawsonDEFLB: D Morgan, N Barnett, J Vilma, J sharper, s cowart, daryl smith, d thorntonDB roy williams, d sharper k hamlin, m lewis, a wilsonScoring: 10pts/TD 1pt/25 yds passing, 1pt/10 yds rush/recIDP Scoring: 1pt/tackle, 5pts/int 3pts/fum rec, 2pt/fum forced, 10pts/TDMy DBs are weak past Roy. I have only a 1st and 4th this year(traded picks for barnett and vilma). I pick 10th out of 12. Heres the current deal that has been accepted although not finalized:I get DB Ed Reed, LB Kendrell Bell, and 2005 2nd rounder (20th pick overall)I give 2005 1st(10th overall) 2005 4th (10th pick in round), and 2006 1st rounder.Basically it's Kendrell Bell and a 2nd round pick for my late first round pick in 2005 and then Ed Reed for my 2006 1st round pickI cannot keep but one draft pick anyway(roster limit is 35) and i am targeting A. pierce MLB NYG as my 2nd round pick if the deal is finalized to give me depth at LB. I'm trying to dump off garbage like A bryant, toomer and morton at WRAm i giving too much up for the sake of a solid defense? a lack of solid DBs and LB depth kept me out of the championship when morgan and cowart were injured/benched(i finished 3rd). Given my offense, I am in the "win now" mindset.The owner also has polamalu, bob sanders, and michael boulware. Let me know what you guys think!

There must be a lot of bad teams in your league because you are stacked. I wouldn't make the trade because I think you could win without giving up the future picks.You don't need Bell and you've got some really solid DB's without Reed.

Last edited by a moderator:
the league just finished its 5th year. I got Jamal Lewis cheap after he blew his ACL, McGahee in the first round a couple of years ago(which are risks but paid off). I had drafted Priest Holmes when he played for the Ravens and traded him 2 years ago while the value was still sky high. I have been fortunately, for the exception of KWII, to have injured players get healthy enough to perform at high levels.

we can play a 4-3 (4 DL/LB and 3 DB) or 3-4 (3 DL/LB and 4 DB) on Defense. Offense:1 QB2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR1 TE1K

That is one strong team for a 12 man league. You must have problems deciding who to start week to week. I wish I had those issues.As for this trade, not great. Reed may see a reduction in FF points due to the change in D. Read the Demps threat. Personally, I like Troy better. Who knows about Bell. I would wait and see.

There is no way I make that trade. You should have a really good chance to win this league without giving up the picks. With Bell's injury history I don't think he is an upgrade over your current LB's. Ed Reed gives you an upgrade at DB, but with the switch to the 46 defense I expect his numbers to go down. Adrian Wilson, Micheal Lewis and Ken Hamlin should be more than adequate along with Roy Williams. I'd be interested in seeing the roster of the team that beat you this past year. Those picks should keep you contending for the title for years to come.

CHAD PENNINGTON DAUNTE CULPEPPER MATT HASELBACK TOM BRADY EDGERRIN JAMES SHAUN ALEXANDERMAURICE MORRIS AHMAN GREEN KEVAN BARLOWNAJEH DAVENPORT PEERLESS PRICE LAVERNEUS COLESJOE HORNDONTE' STALLWORTHMICHAEL CLAYTONLEE EVANSKAERY COLBERTBUBBA FRANKSTODD HEAPDANIEL GRAHAMMIKE VANDERJAGTDAVID ACKERSBRIAN URLACHER RAY LEWISDONNIE EDWARDSKEITH BROOKINGMIKE BARROWDAT NGUYENKEITH BULLUCKKWAMIE LASSITERRONDE BARBERCHAMP BAILEYADAM ARCHULETABRIAN RUSSELLDEXTER JACKSON It's hard to beat the guy with the top 5 LBs along with that Offense, which he really got lucky with some of those draft picks that were "reachers" a few years ago (he drafted Tom Brady his rookie year, Horn with his 1st year with the Saints, Alexander was still a backup when the owner drafted him).

I would expect you to beat him this year with your current roster:QB - You have a slight advantage with ManningRB - Pretty even, you both have several studsWR - You have a clear advantageTE - Advantage you againLB - Advantage him, but with the addition of Vilma and Barnett you should be fineDB - Advantage youAgain, I would not trade those picks. I think your team is better for the upcoming year, but the two of you are close enough in talent that luck will ultimatley decide who takes home the title.

Thanks for the replies. Like I said, it isn't a done deal yet. I like to hear outside opinions before I make a decision

Don't do it. You have the team you have BECAUSE you hit it with the picks. Don't give them away. Plus, and I'm an Ed Reed owner in a few leagues, the change the Ravens are making towards a "46" defense will likely lessen Reed's productivity, fantasy-wise.

I agree that his tackles will go down, but isn't there a chance that his INTs may stay solid? In addition to the fact that the front 5-7 will bring the pressure to cause the INTs, Reed will be the only one back there to get the picks. Also, don't you think teams will simply line up 3 and 4 WR sets to offset the 4-6? Its not like offenses are going to line up in the I-formation and run on them.

Okay I play in a 12-team IDP Dynasty League in our 5th year. I have enough Offensive firepower to make the playoffs but my defense is keeping me out of the championship game. I have an offer already accepted but is waiting until draft day ( the weekend beofre the reg. season) until it goes into effect if the players are healthy. My roster:

QB: P. Manning, B. Leftwich, P. Ramsey, C. Simms

RB: LT2, J. lewis, W. mcgahee, J. Jones, S. Jackson

WR: R. Moss, T Holt, L Fitz, Roy Williams, A toomer, J Morton, Reggie williams, A. bryant

TE: gonzo, L.J smith, KW II

K: J Brown, P Dawson

DEF

LB: D Morgan, N Barnett, J Vilma, J sharper, s cowart, daryl smith, d thornton

DB roy williams, d sharper k hamlin, m lewis, a wilson

Scoring: 10pts/TD 1pt/25 yds passing, 1pt/10 yds rush/rec

IDP Scoring: 1pt/tackle, 5pts/int 3pts/fum rec, 2pt/fum forced, 10pts/TD

My DBs are weak past Roy. I have only a 1st and 4th this year(traded picks for barnett and vilma). I pick 10th out of 12. Heres the current deal that has been accepted although not finalized:

I get DB Ed Reed, LB Kendrell Bell, and 2005 2nd rounder (20th pick overall)

I give 2005 1st(10th overall) 2005 4th (10th pick in round), and 2006 1st rounder.

Basically it's Kendrell Bell and a 2nd round pick for my late first round pick in 2005 and then Ed Reed for my 2006 1st round pick

I cannot keep but one draft pick anyway(roster limit is 35) and i am targeting A. pierce MLB NYG as my 2nd round pick if the deal is finalized to give me depth at LB. I'm trying to dump off garbage like A bryant, toomer and morton at WR

Am i giving too much up for the sake of a solid defense? a lack of solid DBs and LB depth kept me out of the championship when morgan and cowart were injured/benched(i finished 3rd). Given my offense, I am in the "win now" mindset.

The owner also has polamalu, bob sanders, and michael boulware.

Let me know what you guys think!
:shock: :shock: :shock: My God...how did you get such an awesome team in a 12 team league???

Now I see this other team that you played. You must have some horrible teams in your league. Between you and the other awesome team, you guys have half of the top players in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i am thinking about keeping my picks this year (1.10 and 4.10) and taking Thomas Davis SS CAR or Antonio pierce MLB NYG at the 10 spot and then BPA in the 4th. I just hate passing up a chance to obtain Ed Reed. The more I read about the 4-6 switch, the more I think it will be used on a situational basis and that BAL will use the base 4-3 a majority of the time, in which Ed Reed still holds a high value. Do I take a chance on Thomas Davis or Antonio Pierce, try and trade down, or continue with the Ed Reed deal? Opinions appreciated!

That's way too much offensive potential to give up even for Reed. Bell...you can find a LB that will be as productive as him in the draft or on the waiver wire. Your DBs aren't bad at all. It's the most inconsistent fantasy position, you're too worried about it.I might trade the 2005 1st rounder and one of the other DBs for Reed, as opposed to gambling on Davis, but I wouldn't pay more than that. Adding in another pick and another future 1st rounder just to get Bell...I hope at least a courtesy reach around is thrown in by him.

Users who are viewing this thread