What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (2 Viewers)

I think Appling is responsible for MSU moving to the next level this year, but those final two possesssions were horrible. Kid will look at the film and learn. Tough loss.

Over/Under on the Big 10 champ having 5 conference losses?
I'll take the under. Huge win for Wisconsin tonight. They dug themselves in a big hole and needed a good win. Minnesota is playing their best game of the Big Ten season and IU is not getting good looks at 3's.
:popcorn:
Still think either MSU or OSU will end up with 4 losses. Someone is going to get hot.
I agree.... just something I threw out there with the way things have been going early.

I'll take the under. Huge win for Wisconsin tonight. They dug themselves in a big hole and needed a good win. Minnesota is playing their best game of the Big Ten season and IU is not getting good looks at 3's.
Still think either MSU or OSU will end up with 4 losses. Someone is going to get hot.
MSU's remaining schedule is brutal. They still have to play Ohio State twice, travel to Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Minnesota, and play Wisconsin and Michigan at home.They needed at least one of these last two to realistically be among the contenders.

'Spartans Rule said:
'jon_mx said:
'GreatLakesMike said:
MSU's remaining schedule is brutal. They still have to play Ohio State twice, travel to Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Minnesota, and play Wisconsin and Michigan at home.They needed at least one of these last two to realistically be among the contenders.
Yeah, I am not sure MSU has been playing well enough. Most likely OSU will be the team with 4 losses. Will drop one to MSU and lose one other somewhere along the road. It is not out of the question that even OSU loses 5 though.

'Spartans Rule said:
MSU's remaining schedule is brutal. They still have to play Ohio State twice, travel to Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Minnesota, and play Wisconsin and Michigan at home.
Oh no!

Hoosier fans sweating bullets right now.

And btw, I hate it when announcers say that a team should call a time out in that situation (live ball - most likely last possession). Why give the defense a chance to set up? I've always liked teams that push the ball in those situations, and it just paid off for Nebraska.

Indy falling apart.

ETA: Hoosiers had to get this game. They've basically pissed away all the big wins they had earlier this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hulls missed the front end of the 1 and 1, then pushed the ball up the court and took a bad shot. He needed to pass. Nebraska played well. Indiana still has lots of work to do on the defensive end if they want to go very far in the NCAA.

Hulls missed the front end of the 1 and 1, then pushed the ball up the court and took a bad shot. He needed to pass. Nebraska played well. Indiana still has lots of work to do on the defensive end if they want to go very far in the NCAA.
While I think Indy is a tourney team, I will also say that I never thought they'd lose a home game to Minnesota as well as lose to Nebraska. It's a small sample, but Indy has just plain looked bad the past 3 games. They were hitting 3s at an insane clip early in the year, now, not so much. Their schedule is not brutal the rest of the way, but it's not exactly a cake walk either. Crean needs to right the ship, and soon.

Oddly IU has played worse since Sheehey has returned. He has looked pretty good, but somehow he seems to have disrupted the chemistry and the roles of the players. Zeller continues to play well, but Hulls, Watford, and Jones have all played poorly the last two games. At least they have Nebraska next to get back on track.
:goodposting:

there are simply no gimmies in the league this year except maybe Nebraska
Nope. :unsure:
:goodposting: Doc Sadler needed a win like this. He is not a bad coach, he has just never gotten much to work with.
You're right. He's a horrible coach. The only thing he's good at coaching wise is coaching defense. The guy can't recruit anything outside of foreign players and juco's, and many of these guys either don't qualify or are damaged goods. The next blue chip HS recruit he gets to come to NU will be the first. Good HS coaches could run circles around Doc when it comes to coaching offense. Doc's a good and funny guy, someone you would enjoy drinking beers with, but you don't want this guy coaching your bball team.

I like how the espn analyst last night, an IU alum, was straight up pissed when talking about the game. He basically said the IU pg made the worst decision ever by not passing the ball out to the top of the key on their last position. :lmao:

:goodposting: Doc Sadler needed a win like this. He is not a bad coach, he has just never gotten much to work with.
I like how the espn analyst last night, an IU alum, was straight up pissed when talking about the game. He basically said the IU pg made the worst decision ever by not passing the ball out to the top of the key on their last position. :lmao:
Dakich? Total knob...

Dakich? Total knob...
They really need to find some better announcers. Is there an announcer who babbles more than Jimmy Jackson? He puts you to freaking sleep with the constant, "Senior leadership..... the fundamentals....... blah, blah, blah..."

Wait, you guys watch with the sound on?
I don't expect much, and for the most part, college basketball announcers are decent enough IMO. That said, yes, Jimmy Jackson is ready to go on mute. **** Vitale, Joe Morgan (when he was doing baseball games), and Rick Sutcliffe are guys who I've muted in the past... still mute Vitale.

Tough loss for Mich vs Arkansas. Not sure why they would even schedule this game, it does nothing for them. They win, who cares, Arkansas is unranked..they lose and it drops them out of the top 20....don't get it.

Good win for M at Purdue. Needed that one.

Especially since Matt Painter is so much better a coach than Beilein.

Even though it was Minnesota, this was the best overall team performance by MSU Ive seen all season. Offense was totally clicking and the defense was dominant. Team seems to be jelling. Congrats Tommy on win #400! :thumbup:

Michigan at Ohio State Sunday for 1st place in the conference. :boxing:

3 of next 4 for OSU against UM, @ Wisc and MSU. Tough stretch.

Bucky vs. Hoosier tonight. Both teams need this to be considered as part of the top tier of the conference.

Even though it was Minnesota, this was the best overall team performance by MSU Ive seen all season. Offense was totally clicking and the defense was dominant. Team seems to be jelling. Congrats Tommy on win #400! :thumbup:
Great game by MSU. With Appling doing nothing it makes it even more impressive. I'm disappointed MN didn't have Mbakwe and Mo Walker to bang with the big boys at MSU last night. Would've been a great game.

'pigskinliquors said:
Bucky vs. Hoosier tonight. Both teams need this to be considered as part of the top tier of the conference. :popcorn:
Great. 20 minutes of actual game, and then another 20 minutes of watching Ryan and Crean whine to the officials.

<_< The won in Indiana and almost won at Illinois and Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread