What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biggest Pro Bowl Snub? (1 Viewer)

CYUNVme

Footballguy
Who do you guy think was this year's biggest Pro Bowl Snub?

A couple of the popular names going around are Colston and Welker. Another question is how does JAX get shut out alltogether? NFL.com's Vic Carucci points out Mario Williams, Barrert Rudd, Ronde Barber, and Chad Clifton amoung others.

What do you guys think? (Yeah, I know, the Pro Bowl is a joke, so we've gotten that out of the way)

I'm from Massachusetts, and fans around here are blowing this Welker thing out of proportion. He should get in over Chad Johnson since he contributed a LOT on special teams this year, but the four guys in there now are all better than him THIS YEAR. Braylon is putting up awesome numbers (I'll take TDs over receptions any day), Housh is basically putting up Welker #s + more catches and yards, and Reggie Wayne is just awesome.

Colston got snubbed. No doubt about it. Donald Driver is nice, but Colston is the guy that the New Orleans offense goes through. Dude is $$$.

Fred Taylor and Mario Williams for sure.

It's a sham that Taylor has never been selected to a probowl in his career. Mario is the best DE in the AFC but he came on strong kind of late. No excuses though, he still had the 2nd most sacks among AFC DEs before his Thurs night 3.5 sacker. He needs to be in Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Massachusetts, and fans around here are blowing this Welker thing out of proportion. He should get in over Chad Johnson since he contributed a LOT on special teams this year, but the four guys in there now are all better than him THIS YEAR. Braylon is putting up awesome numbers (I'll take TDs over receptions any day), Housh is basically putting up Welker #s + more catches and yards, and Reggie Wayne is just awesome.Colston got snubbed. No doubt about it. Donald Driver is nice, but Colston is the guy that the New Orleans offense goes through. Dude is $$$.
I agree with Colston, not sure how driver got in. He isnt even the best WR on his team. :goodposting: 2 TD's and he's in the pro bowl? thats horrible.

the is a looooooooooong list of WR's that should have been in over Driver.

also , Super Mario Williams should be pissed.

Fred Taylor... He should have gotten in over Addai...
I dont believe so, they have about the same amount of yards but addai has alot more TD's.
Only because he splits time with Jones-Drew...Taylor is averaging 5.1 YPC while Addai is 4.1... Taylor has more rushing yards in 35 some attempts less... Yes Addai is more involved in the passing game, but that goes to Jones-Drew on Jacksonville...

I dont believe so, they have about the same amount of yards but addai has alot more TD's.
Only because he splits time with Jones-Drew...
So he's good enough for the pro bowl but not good enough to get more carries on his own team? :confused:
you think jones drew wouldn't get carries if he was in indy? not sure what the confusion is....

I'm from Massachusetts, and fans around here are blowing this Welker thing out of proportion. He should get in over Chad Johnson since he contributed a LOT on special teams this year, but the four guys in there now are all better than him THIS YEAR. Braylon is putting up awesome numbers (I'll take TDs over receptions any day), Housh is basically putting up Welker #s + more catches and yards, and Reggie Wayne is just awesome.

Colston got snubbed. No doubt about it. Donald Driver is nice, but Colston is the guy that the New Orleans offense goes through. Dude is $$$.
I agree with Colston, not sure how driver got in. He isnt even the best WR on his team. :cry: 2 TD's and he's in the pro bowl? thats horrible.
Willie Parker too. :confused:

Fred Taylor and Mario Williams for sure. It's a sham that Taylor has never been selected to a probowl in his career. Mario is the best DE in the AFC but he came on strong kind of late. No excuses though, he still had the 2nd most sacks among AFC DEs before his Thurs night 3.5 sacker. He needs to be in Hawaii.
I like Williams and agree that he deserved consideration for a slot, but I'm not ready to say he's a clearly better player than Jared Allen or Jason Taylor or guys injured this year like Dwight Freeney or Richard Seymour. Don't get me wrong, I think Williams is at least second on the list for 2007, but it's premature to call him the best DE in the AFC.In addition to Williams, I think Haloti Ngata and Leigh Bodden stood out as guys on the defensive side who had legitimate arguments for inclusion. Bodden probably got overlooked because of the bad Browns' defense, but he continues to be among the most underrated players in the league.Overall, though, I thought the defensive selections were pretty solid.

Fred Taylor and Mario Williams for sure. It's a sham that Taylor has never been selected to a probowl in his career. Mario is the best DE in the AFC but he came on strong kind of late. No excuses though, he still had the 2nd most sacks among AFC DEs before his Thurs night 3.5 sacker. He needs to be in Hawaii.
I like Williams and agree that he deserved consideration for a slot, but I'm not ready to say he's a clearly better player than Jared Allen or Jason Taylor or guys injured this year like Dwight Freeney or Richard Seymour. Don't get me wrong, I think Williams is at least second on the list for 2007, but it's premature to call him the best DE in the AFC.In addition to Williams, I think Haloti Ngata and Leigh Bodden stood out as guys on the defensive side who had legitimate arguments for inclusion. Bodden probably got overlooked because of the bad Browns' defense, but he continues to be among the most underrated players in the league.Overall, though, I thought the defensive selections were pretty solid.
I was being somewhat hyperbolic. I was merely contending that he deserved a sport over Vanden Bosch and Taylor. I think he will be the best DE in the AFC in a year or two but that is premature and wasn't really my premise.

I don`t see how Driver made it instead of Colston.

Colston had more catches, more yards and a 9-2 edge in TDs.

For the Browns, Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach should be starting for the AFC. DA should have been picked over Big Ben and and KW2 over Gonzo.

:rolleyes:

I think the Taylor backers must want him in based on his career and not just this year which is what I thought the pro bowl vote was based on. I just dont see how he gets in over the others based on THIS year alone. :rolleyes:
5.1 a carry and over 1000 yards is pro bowl worthy.
If he had more TD's he probably would have gotten in. Not sure how important the yards per carry is to voters?

As I noted in his own thread, while it's tough to say he got snubbed over Josh Cribbs, I think Leon Washington got a bit robbed. Of course, that's what happens when your team is 3-11 and there's only one spot for a KR.

I was being somewhat hyperbolic. I was merely contending that he deserved a sport over Vanden Bosch and Taylor. I think he will be the best DE in the AFC in a year or two but that is premature and wasn't really my premise.
:confused: :P

:goodposting:

I think the Taylor backers must want him in based on his career and not just this year which is what I thought the pro bowl vote was based on. I just dont see how he gets in over the others based on THIS year alone. :confused:
Worthy yes...but with Addai's TDs...plus the big difference in receptions for Addai...it just pushes him over the top.

I think what hurt Colston and Taylor is that they both started off kinda slow and then came on late. Historically, it seems as if the fast starters are more likely to make it than the slow starters who explode near the end of the season, especially if it comes down to a fast starter vs. a slow starter.

I think what hurt Colston and Taylor is that they both started off kinda slow and then came on late. Historically, it seems as if the fast starters are more likely to make it than the slow starters who explode near the end of the season, especially if it comes down to a fast starter vs. a slow starter.
Probably so, but it's not like Driver even started that "fast". Here are their first 5 games compared to their last 9 games:First 5 games

Colston: 26-263-2

Driver: 36-412-2

Last 9 games

Colston: 61-829-7

Driver: 42-604-0

Probably so, but it's not like Driver even started that "fast". Here are their first 5 games compared to their last 9 games:First 5 games

Colston: 26-263-2

Driver: 36-412-2

Last 9 games

Colston: 61-829-7

Driver: 42-604-0
Colston versus Driver is as simple to decipher as New Orleans vs. 12-2 Green Bay Packers. Is this that big of a mystery? Same explanation for Marion Barber getting in.

chris1969 said:
For the Browns, Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach should be starting for the AFC. DA should have been picked over Big Ben and and KW2 over Gonzo.
Browns homer, eh? I am LMAO over the Derek Anderson over Roethlisberger comment. I can't believe there is even a debate. Just because DA saved the Browns does not mean he is more pro-bowl worthy than Ben.

Sabertooth said:
Ryan Grant. Oh well, Super Bowl MVP will just have to do.
I thoguht MVPs were usually given out to players on winning teams?We all know that the NFC is just playing for second place.

i think its funny that there is not one pro bowler from the nfc south
Yeah, I think this is the biggest :nerd: I thought Tampa would have at least a couple of guys and New Orleans, with the fifth best offense in the league should've had a few as well.Driver over Colston is the biggest BS this year.

I think Jacksonville not having anyone - with multiple candidates - is the biggest snub, as there are a handful of guys who are getting snubbed at once.

I have to say Greg Jennings was overlooked for the Pro Bowl. He's got some pretty nice numbers considering he missed a couple of games (50/878/12 TDs with a 17.6 ypc) Beyond that, the number of game-changing or game-winning plays he has made this year has been amazing. He pulled down the critical TDs that won games against SD, @ DEN, and @KC. The win against SD was a huge confidence boost for the Pack and really set the tone for the season they've been having..

Jeff Pasquino said:
Willis McGahee....
As an Eagles fan I'm surprised you didn't have Trent Cole. I think he was by far the Eagles best defensive player and I think he deserved to be in there over Osi.

Charles Woodson and Nick Barnett should have been named instead of alternates. DD should have not been on and Clifton should not be on any list either.

chris1969 said:
Browns homer, eh? I am LMAO over the Derek Anderson over Roethlisberger comment. I can't believe there is even a debate. Just because DA saved the Browns does not mean he is more pro-bowl worthy than Ben.
Well, you should.Similar stats all around. Someone had to go. BR got the nod. Could easily have been DA.

And you call him a :P ?

Steinbach and Winslow also have legitimate beefs.

' said:
... and I'll have some of what you're smoking...Taylor has had some dreadfully awful games this year, and didn't really start turning it on until most of the Pro Bowl votes were already in...

chris1969 said:
Well, you should.Similar stats all around. Someone had to go. BR got the nod. Could easily have been DA.

And you call him a :thumbup: ?

Steinbach and Winslow also have legitimate beefs.
I'm not a Browns homer, but am of the opinion that DA definitely deserve to be in over Ben, and KW2 BY FAR over Gonzo...

Brutis said:
Phlash said:
I'm from Massachusetts, and fans around here are blowing this Welker thing out of proportion. He should get in over Chad Johnson since he contributed a LOT on special teams this year, but the four guys in there now are all better than him THIS YEAR. Braylon is putting up awesome numbers (I'll take TDs over receptions any day), Housh is basically putting up Welker #s + more catches and yards, and Reggie Wayne is just awesome.Colston got snubbed. No doubt about it. Donald Driver is nice, but Colston is the guy that the New Orleans offense goes through. Dude is $$$.
I agree with Colston, not sure how driver got in. He isnt even the best WR on his team. :shrug: 2 TD's and he's in the pro bowl? thats horrible.
Drivers an alternate. When fans vote players from 1-2 years ago get in. Most aren't up for current play.

sho nuff said:
Kirby said:
Brutis said:
gethugefast1 said:
:sadbanana:

' said:
I think the Taylor backers must want him in based on his career and not just this year which is what I thought the pro bowl vote was based on. I just dont see how he gets in over the others based on THIS year alone. :confused:
Worthy yes...but with Addai's TDs...plus the big difference in receptions for Addai...it just pushes him over the top.
Stats are nice, but Taylor simply has more talent than Addai, if the Pro-Bowl wants the best players, they made a bad choice...I don't know where that players poll from a few years ago is, but Taylor was at the top of the list. He must have some enemies within the higher ups, or has simply stated he doesn't want to go, because he belongs, and his talent speaks for itself...

Brutis said:
Phlash said:
I agree with Colston, not sure how driver got in. He isnt even the best WR on his team. :sadbanana: 2 TD's and he's in the pro bowl? thats horrible.
Drivers an alternate. When fans vote players from 1-2 years ago get in. Most aren't up for current play.
That makes sense with the Ogden choice, but players and coaches have 2/3 of the vote, what's their excuse?

sho nuff said:
Kirby said:
Brutis said:
gethugefast1 said:
:sadbanana:

' said:
Stats are nice, but Taylor simply has more talent than Addai, if the Pro-Bowl wants the best players, they made a bad choice...I don't know where that players poll from a few years ago is, but Taylor was at the top of the list. He must have some enemies within the higher ups, or has simply stated he doesn't want to go, because he belongs, and his talent speaks for itself...
Except this year Addai has been better. Not sure how you work your way around that... if talent was the only criteria, then we'd be seeing a very different roster, and a very absurd roster at that...

Users who are viewing this thread