What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

Think I liked the Miley Cyrus episode the best of the 3 in Season 5. It was a bit sappy and obvious at times, but couldn’t help thinking about how Ashley’s life somewhat mirrored (pun intended) Miley’s life. Favorite part was Ashley Too with the anarchy sticker and spiked bracelet/skirt or whatever you would call it.

Striking Vipers would have been better if...

It would have condemned Danny and Theo equally - showing they were equally to blame for their relationship dissolving.

A happy balance like this episode resolved is unlikely in any reality.

The implication that technology allows for consequence free liberation is the real fantasy.

Finished them all this past weekend. I thought the season was fine. Would rank them 1-3 in their order but I didn’t dislike any of them. 

Didn't really enjoy this season. (only three episodes??)

Miley Cyrus one was ok,  2nd episode was way too long and drawn-out.  Just boring. Get the guy on the phone already.

And Striking Vipers -- didn't think I was homophobic but I just might be now after watching that.  Terrible. 

Second, in my profession I work with individuals who have engaged in online acts that are charged as very serious crimes with the punishments being equal to (or even some times greater than) the punishments the person would be facing if he actually engaged in the act in real life even though there's no evidence that the person has even attempted to engage in those acts. 
:help:

Probably the worst season so far, but still good.  People talking about wanting them to stop the show are idiots.  Probably the same people who hate TWD but watch every week.  

Striking Vipers was good, interesting techy stuff mixed with the effect it would have on actual relationships.  

Smithereens was a slow burn but not bad.  Interesting to see just how quick and easy they can figure everything out about someone, 100x easier than law enforcement.

AShley O episode was ok I guess.  MC was good in that one, perfect role for her.  

I keep thinking about the episode where the two folks are dating, speed dating, and they're required to date according to an algorithm.

I won't give away the ending, but for others who have seen it, I find it a compelling concept to keep going back to and thinking about.

Several episodes from this series have me thinking about them long after viewing them.  One other is the one where you get some kind of implant that allows you to record and have near instant playback of everything you see/hear.  Really loved the idea and execution of it.

Just bumping the series as while there are some that I didn't particularly enjoy or find intellectually/personally compelling, there were quite a few that were really really good.

One of my favorite shows around. And season 3 was solid as well. Ashley O and Striking Vipers were the two best of the three hands down.

adonis said:
I keep thinking about the episode where the two folks are dating, speed dating, and they're required to date according to an algorithm.

I won't give away the ending, but for others who have seen it, I find it a compelling concept to keep going back to and thinking about.

Several episodes from this series have me thinking about them long after viewing them.  One other is the one where you get some kind of implant that allows you to record and have near instant playback of everything you see/hear.  Really loved the idea and execution of it.

Just bumping the series as while there are some that I didn't particularly enjoy or find intellectually/personally compelling, there were quite a few that were really really good.
Hang the DJ, right?  Easily the best episode of the series.  

Hang the DJ, right?  Easily the best episode of the series.  
Yes, that was the one. 

*somewhat spoiler*  Got to thinking yesterday that a certain politician has these Monte-Carlo type simulations going on in his brain, trying to determine the efficacy of certain lines of attack or public statements.  He runs through all these simulations, and then decides on the most effective one and puts that out.  Then I got to thinking what if we were simply one of those simulations, where we're giving real-time feedback to certain insane scenarios in order to give feedback to someone else deciding whether to do a certain thing or not.  And then I was reminded of this episode which is essentially the same idea, except incredibly well done from a story telling perspective.  I haven't yet tried running for the boundaries, but with all the craziness going on, maybe I'll do it and see what happens :).

One of my favorite shows around. And season 3 was solid as well. Ashley O and Striking Vipers were the two best of the three hands down.
I saw Ashley O and really enjoyed it.  Striking Vipers I had loaded on ipad for a long flight, but couldn't bring myself to watch that with others clustered all around me due to the graphic stuff.  Forgot about it and didn't watch it, so I'm glad you mentioned it.  Will watch that this week.

Users who are viewing this thread