What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100 (1 Viewer)

Grimace59

Footballguy
Did a quick search and not see a thread asking this but when is the Bloom 100 coming out? The first pre-draft issue came out at about this time last year.

Thanks

Posted on April 15

Last edited by a moderator:
working it up with a goal to have it done by Friday.

in the meantime, feel free to ask any questions about specific guys/rookie draft strategy, etc

Hey Bloom,

I'm sure you compile your list from a different basis but here is the list of players who will attend this year's event in New York:

QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State
WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
OT Menelik Watson, Florida State
DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
DE Margus Hunt, SMU
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida
OLB Ezekial Ansah, BYU
CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

Pro Football Talk reports that a couple of other players, including QB Matt Barkley and OLB Dion Jordan, have been invited, but have not yet committed to attending. LB Manti Te'o has reportedly turned down the opportunity to attend.

I highlighted five players in RED who only sporadically are mocked to go in the first round but three will be attending the draft and two others were invited so they 'could' go in the first round.

Since their is some debate on whether of not those players are first round picks, could you do a quick Bloom commentary on those five players?

Bloom if you have any scouting reports on Datone Jones, Tavares King, and/or Sio Moore please share. Are there any non-QB draft prospects that you feel are being greatly underrated?

Bloom if you have any scouting reports on Datone Jones, Tavares King, and/or Sio Moore please share. Are there any non-QB draft prospects that you feel are being greatly underrated?
Jones is going to be an excellent pro, especially as a 3-4 DE, not sure about fantasy IDP. My scouting report

Love Tavarres King, didn't do a scouting report for him, but great speed, toughness, hands. Looks like a strong future #2 in the NFL. top 25 in bloom 100.

Sio Moore is fantastic. Can do everything you could ever ask of a LB. Top 30 in Bloom 100 My scouting report

Harrison, mentioned above, is probably my most underrated non-QB

Hey Bloom,

I'm sure you compile your list from a different basis but here is the list of players who will attend this year's event in New York:

QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State

WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma

OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama

OT Menelik Watson, Florida State

DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU

DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State

DE Margus Hunt, SMU

DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida

OLB Ezekial Ansah, BYU

CB Dee Milliner, Alabama

CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

Pro Football Talk reports that a couple of other players, including QB Matt Barkley and OLB Dion Jordan, have been invited, but have not yet committed to attending. LB Manti Te'o has reportedly turned down the opportunity to attend.

I highlighted five players in RED who only sporadically are mocked to go in the first round but three will be attending the draft and two others were invited so they 'could' go in the first round.

Since their is some debate on whether of not those players are first round picks, could you do a quick Bloom commentary on those five players?
Pretty big signal that EJ Manual is getting 1st round interest right?Or have others been invited and not get selected since the NFL went to the first round one night format?

Seems like a lot of players going this year.

Bloom,

What are your thoughts on this player who will likely be a Day 3 pick:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock calls Tennessee WR Zach Rogers the top sleeper at his position.
He goes on to project the third receiver as a fourth- or fifth-round prospect. "Zach is a slot guy who ran a 4.45," Mayock said. "He catches everything. He runs good routes. Prior to his Pro Day, I would’ve thought he’d be a sixth- or seventh-rounder. But he may have moved up into that fourth- or fifth-round range simply because he’s faster than people thought."

Source: Philly Mag

Hey Bloom, I've always valued your opinion very highly, especially when it comes to dynasty. Any thoughts on the sleeper running backs of this year's draft. Like, Knile Davis, LeVeon Bell, and Marcus Lattimore?

Bloom,

What are your thoughts on this player who will likely be a Day 3 pick:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock calls Tennessee WR Zach Rogers the top sleeper at his position.
He goes on to project the third receiver as a fourth- or fifth-round prospect. "Zach is a slot guy who ran a 4.45," Mayock said. "He catches everything. He runs good routes. Prior to his Pro Day, I would’ve thought he’d be a sixth- or seventh-rounder. But he may have moved up into that fourth- or fifth-round range simply because he’s faster than people thought."

Source: Philly Mag
good sleeper, probably more of a #3, not sure if he can hang physically on the outside. will be in the 100

Hey Bloom, I've always valued your opinion very highly, especially when it comes to dynasty. Any thoughts on the sleeper running backs of this year's draft. Like, Knile Davis, LeVeon Bell, and Marcus Lattimore?
lattimore i would take in the first round of PPR rookie drafts. Bell probably not until 3rd-4th unless he lands in a plum spot. not a huge fan. not a fan of davis at all, someone will take him long before i would in rookie drafts

Bloom, what are your thoughts on OLB Jamie Collins from Southern Miss? I realize he's projected as a 3-4 OLB which would mainly benefit big play scoring in IDP. I've watched him play all four years, but wanted to get a non-bias opinion. Thanks.

Bloom, what are your thoughts on OLB Jamie Collins from Southern Miss? I realize he's projected as a 3-4 OLB which would mainly benefit big play scoring in IDP. I've watched him play all four years, but wanted to get a non-bias opinion. Thanks.
super explosive, disruptive player. deep class of 3-4 OLB types. currently have him in 50-75 range

Sigmund Bloom said:
Shanahanigans said:
lattimore i would take in the first round of PPR rookie drafts. Bell probably not until 3rd-4th unless he lands in a plum spot. not a huge fan. not a fan of davis at all, someone will take him long before i would in rookie drafts
With Lattimore, are you saying you would take him the 1st round because you believe a team will invest a day 2 or better pick on him, or because his talent level preinjury?

I want to pull the trigger mid to late 1st uf he's there.

rlwomack said:
What is your scouting report on him? i'm interested in hearing what someone who has seen all four years thinks of him.

Sigmund Bloom said:
Drop said:
Jones is going to be an excellent pro, especially as a 3-4 DE, not sure about fantasy IDP. My scouting report

Love Tavarres King, didn't do a scouting report for him, but great speed, toughness, hands. Looks like a strong future #2 in the NFL. top 25 in bloom 100.

Sio Moore is fantastic. Can do everything you could ever ask of a LB. Top 30 in Bloom 100 My scouting report

Harrison, mentioned above, is probably my most underrated non-QB
Thanks for the links, fantastic articles.

Are there any players that you've seen consistently mocked in the first 2 rounds where you watch them and really wonder or doubt how they can be successful in the NFL?

dear bloom genie,

i have 3 wishes:

• any chance of getting a sneak peak at your top 12?
  • where would mike goodson be ranked in a rookie/veteran free agent draft?
  • how much of a bump does eifert get in a ppr league, rb/wr = 1.0 & te = 1.5?

No Bloom 100 yet. :kicksrock:

The Bloom 100 and Jene Bramels chart are my favorite post draft rookie rankings to read over.

Thoughts on Cal Lutheran wide receiver Eric Rogers? There's some buzz about the Packers showing interest.

For a draft class I had considered weak, I am finding myself liking a bunch of the RB and WR depth.
Same here. This class may lack upper echelon talent but it makes up for it in depth.

I'm looking at a rough estimate of the real NFL draft that goes as follows:

First round: 1 RB at most but I think none. 3 WR's and 2 TE's.

Second round : 3-4 RB's, 4-5 WR's, 1-2 TE's.

Third round: 2-4 more RB's, 6-8 WR's and the 5th TE off the board.

So the first round, upper echelon type talent, might be a bit low but I think by the time the third round is complete we could be looking at around 5-8 drafted RB's, around 13-16WR's, and around 5 TE's.

Not saying fantasy rankings or peoples individual rankings are in lock step with the NFL draft but I think its' a pretty fair guide of the talent level. For me most of the leagues I'm in are 1.5 TE PPR so I understand why those guys might have more value to me than typical PPR across the board leagues but by my estimation I think into the middle or deep part of the third round of most people's rookie drafts you'll have NFL third round type talent to choose from at the RB/WR/TE spots.

I also have no RB I love but I like a few guys and the talent level as a whole is something I think is underrated. The WR's in particular I think will outperform their draft slots but they'll get picked lower than normal because of the depth at that position I think teams will spend their 1's and 2's knowing they can get a solid WR in the third.

super explosive, disruptive player. deep class of 3-4 OLB types. currently have him in 50-75 range
Might be the best player in the draft after Joeckel and Johnson. He's going to be a huge steal giving his current projections.

Bloom 100 is done and submitted, should be published very soon...
:thumbup:
I second and third this :thumbup:I've been waiting to see the mix of defensive players in with the offensive players before deciding whether to try to trade up or down from my late round position.
I'll tell you here that there's only 1 IDP in the top 25 - assuming that your system isn't IDP heavy. Combination of quality of RB/WR and IDP class that is concentrated with edge rushers, not tackling machines

I second and third this :thumbup:I've been waiting to see the mix of defensive players in with the offensive players before deciding whether to try to trade up or down from my late round position.
I'll tell you here that there's only 1 IDP in the top 25 - assuming that your system isn't IDP heavy. Combination of quality of RB/WR and IDP class that is concentrated with edge rushers, not tackling machines

Thanks for the info. Just curious, how long does it take to publish something on the site after you've submitted it?

Draft position and fit / depth chart opportunity will play a role, but I'm with Bloom.

Even a great fit for Brown or Minter (or Ogletree) won't earn them the same mid-late first / early second round consideration as guys like Kuechly, McClain, Mayo, Willis, etc. unless the fits for the second and third tier WR prospects are horrid. This group is going to be better than the 2011 class, but don't expect anything like last season. The top tier of defensive line and safety prospects will be much deeper, but it'll be an upset if any of them warrant more than a third round pick.

Draft position and fit / depth chart opportunity will play a role, but I'm with Bloom. Even a great fit for Brown or Minter (or Ogletree) won't earn them the same mid-late first / early second round consideration as guys like Kuechly, McClain, Mayo, Willis, etc. unless the fits for the second and third tier WR prospects are horrid. This group is going to be better than the 2011 class, but don't expect anything like last season. The top tier of defensive line and safety prospects will be much deeper, but it'll be an upset if any of them warrant more than a third round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread