What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom Reporting from Valley Ranch (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
- The Metroplex is as hot and humid as ever

- Brandon Marshall is lining up opposite Javon Walker again

- Brandon Stokely is still not suiting up, although he did some work catching passes on the side

- Jay Cutler seems more indecisive than he did in Dove Valley

- This was a low key practice with no hitting or cutting

- Crayton was lining up in the slot with Hurd and TO wide in three WR sets

- Brandon Marshall was fielding punts (and doing well)

- Cutler missed high more today than in all practices I saw at Dove Valley combined

- Cecil Sapp continues to show a surprisingly good burst

- Selvin Young only looks good when he runs straight ahead

- Hixon did a great job shielding the DB with his body on one play, and had no trouble catching a ball that was deflected off course by Pat Watkins on another.

- I watched a lot of Denver O vs. Dallas D, and the Denver O seemed very timid, dumping off a lot and barely testing them downfield at all

I also got to hang out in the Cowboys locker room and got some audio for AM 950 The Fan from Brandon Marshall, Tony Romo, TO, Witten, Barber, and Nick Folk (that one's for Mike Herman)

To cap off the morning, I got to take part in the Wade Phillips press conference. I asked him about the split between Barber and JJ - I'm planning on doing a blog post summing up the presser when I get more time.

Ive attached some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Afternoon practice in less than an hour.

Brandon_Marshall__DEN_WR.jpg

TO_MEDIA_MOB.jpg

ROMO_MEDIA_MOB.jpg

In before:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Did you screech that to him before you took that picture?

In before:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Did you screech that to him before you took that picture?
Professionalism dictated that I did not.He is extremely imposing physically. Believe me, you would not think a guy that moves as fluid as he does is as big as he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Crayton was lining up in the slot with Hurd and TO wide in three WR sets
interesting.
Why is this interesting? Hurd is 4th string. Saying Glenn may miss all of preseason now.
During the Press Conference, Phillips said "touch and go" for the last preseason game in response to a question about Glenn's status.
Who took Glenn's place in 2 WR sets...Crayton or Hurd?

10:17 -- Calvin "Lucky" Watkins reports that T.O. did torch Champ Bailey with a double-move during 1-on-1s. Bailey's knees buckled, letting T.O. get behind him on a deep ball from Tony Romo. ...

This and other good stuff on today's practice here

Cut blocks aren't a concern

Some of you folks have worried about the knees of the Cowboys' D-linemen with the cut-blocking Broncos visiting Valley Ranch. You can relax.

Wade Phillips said the teams agreed that there would be no cut-blocking during their four practices together.

"We're not trying to get anybody hurt," he said.

:useless: best news from the scrimmage

Last edited by a moderator:
NorrisB said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Rig24 said:
Is Marshall expecting to play in the next pre season game?
Marshall says that's the plan (from another interview, not mine)
Bloom how come you lowered him so much in your rankings
Want to see him play on that quad before I restore him to pre-camp ranking status.
In other words, EEEEEEE is temporarily eeeeeee. :X

Users who are viewing this thread