What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bojang's Pre-draft Tiers (1 Viewer)

I think that -1 for hands is a bit harsh.  If we're talking the same game, it was a swing pass that he dropped because it was literally at his shoelaces, I don't expect any RB other than maybe Bell to catch that ball.  I wouldn't call that a negative. 

Anyways what was his highest scoring game for you?  Kentucky 2017? 
No TCU  with 51.

Against Kentucky Chubb scored 27 while in that same game Sony Michel 70. The best game I have for Michel was this game. 46 and 48 in two other games, then 28 against Notre Dame while Chubb had 17 against Notre Dame.

I haven't charted as many games for Michel as Chubb, but what he does have is a higher scoring game against Kentucky, which makes me think he may have more upside.

In regards to the catch if it was a dirt ball then my bad. I could not really see that from the angle being behind Chubb blocking my view of the ball.

eta - I found the game I was looking for. Most of the games of Chubb I have charted he only has about 20 plays in each. So that kind of limits the opportunity for him to do something such as block, or run a route, even if he doesn't get the ball. So I went through his stats and found he had 32 rushing attempts 222 yards Against North Carolina 2016 this game has 37 plays for Chubb so almost twice as many as most of his other games that I charted. He ends up with a total score of 79 for this game, which is by far the best game I have charted for him now.

The total score may be kind of meaningless without some consideration for the total number of actual plays. I am still experimenting with this method.

Anyhow at least I have charted a game of Chubb comparable to Michels best game now. By throwing out the worst game and using this one instead this brings Chubb up to 40.7 on average for the 10 games. For comparison this would be almost the same as Michels 39.5 average of 5 games. So pretty much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
No TCU  with 51.

Against Kentucky Chubb scored 27 while in that same game Sony Michel 70. The best game I have for Michel was this game. 46 and 48 in two other games, then 28 against Notre Dame while Chubb had 17 against Notre Dame.

I haven't charted as many games for Michel as Chubb, but what he does have is a higher scoring game against Kentucky, which makes me think he may have more upside.

In regards to the catch if it was a dirt ball then my bad. I could not really see that from the angle being behind Chubb blocking my view of the ball.

eta - I found the game I was looking for. Most of the games of Chubb I have charted he only has about 20 plays in each. So that kind of limits the opportunity for him to do something such as block, or run a route, even if he doesn't get the ball. So I went through his stats and found he had 32 rushing attempts 222 yards Against North Carolina 2016 this game has 37 plays for Chubb so almost twice as many as most of his other games that I charted. He ends up with a total score of 79 for this game, which is by far the best game I have charted for him now.

The total score may be kind of meaningless without some consideration for the total number of actual plays. I am still experimenting with this method.

Anyhow at least I have charted a game of Chubb comparable to Michels best game now. By throwing out the worst game and using this one instead this brings Chubb up to 40.7 on average for the 10 games. For comparison this would be almost the same as Michels 39.5 average of 5 games. So pretty much the same.
Chubb never got more than 50% of any game carries so finding a large volume in any game will be difficult. 

I can’t wait to see where/when he’s drafted.

Tex

Chris Herndon got bumped into Mayock’s top 5 for TE’s. He sort of has a limited profile to track in stats, measurables and even film but him, Fumagali and Akins may end up as my tier 4 after the draft as the last of the TE’s having respectable draft capital worth tracking.

Here is Chubb’s best career game statistically.

Chubb’s first game after surgery. Never saw 30 carries again in his collegiate career.

If Nick Chubb came out in 2015 and was in a make believe class with Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon and Saquon Barkley, I’m not sure if he’s not the first back taken. In fact, for all the comparisons every top back gets to Adrian Peterson, I’m not sure this guy wouldn’t have garnered the same praise at that point and this is with me making the assumption that his combine times would be the same as pre injury times and I doubt they are.

Users who are viewing this thread