What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady Quinn to start Thursday night! (1 Viewer)

I'm surprised some people are surprised. :goodposting: I mean, let's not sugar coat it. Anderson really hasn't played well for awhile (going back to '07). To me, he's simply a decent QB that got hot early last season. This guy is far from a top QB.

Will Brady Quinn be better? I think so, but we need to give him time. He's thrown all of 8 passes his whole career. In short, I believe he'll play well enough to keep the job going into '09. From there, it just depends on how he develops. Quinn has big upside, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised some people are surprised. :thumbdown: I mean, let's not sugar coat it. Anderson really hasn't played well for awhile (going back to '07). To me, he's simply a decent QB that got hot early last season. This guy is far from a top QB.

Will Brady Quinn be better? I think so, but we need to give him time. He's thrown all of 8 passes his whole career. In short, I believe he'll play well enough to keep the job going into '09. From there, it just depends on how he develops. Quinn has big upside, IMO.
I'd have to agree. DA has lost them games. He's said the pressure of having Quinn behind him has effected him. Start Quinn. If he's any good, deal DA away. If Quinn sucks, trade Quinn. I don't think you can keep both guys next year. The team is more or less a mess, and I'm sure the the team is divided. Kellen's Dad said "everyone" wanted Quinn to start. Just a bad situation. What a first game for Thursday, can't wait.

I don't have a very high opinion of Brady Quinn, but he didn't have much trouble chucking it up for that big WR at Notre Dame to make plays on. If I played Braylon last week I would keep playing him.
Big difference from playing against the Academies and the NFL.

So whos crazy enough to start him this week vs perhaps the worst defense in football? Schaub/Ben owner whos seriously thinking about it.

So whos crazy enough to start him this week vs perhaps the worst defense in football? Schaub/Ben owner whos seriously thinking about it.
It's either him or Shaun Hill for this injury ravaged owner, haven't decided yet but the homer in me will likely reign supreme.

So whos crazy enough to start him this week vs perhaps the worst defense in football?
Why is that crazy? I'm starting him, and I'm quite optimistic.Can't wait for Thursday. Starting Quinn, Cutler (Start 2 QB league), Marshall and Prater. I'll have a pretty good idea how my week is going to turn out before I go to bed. Also have Torain, but no way he's starting for me over AP or Jacobs, of course.

So whos crazy enough to start him this week vs perhaps the worst defense in football?
That's what they called people who drafted Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco as one of their prominent QB's on their squad."Crazy bastards drafting rookie QB's! A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK!? HA!"Quinn isn't even a rookie either -- he has some bench years under his belt and should have a very firm grasp of the playbook. It's not as long a time as Aaron Rodgers, but I remember a lot of people who treated him like the plague in their drafts.No one ever won a fantasy football title by playing it safe and refusing to start some potential breakout players in favor of some older, slower, declining veterans.

He should be okay moving forward. Has a decent amount of weapons around him for him to be comfortable. Very good WR in Edwards, good runner in Lewis, and a top notch TE in Winslow. If the line can block, can't see him falling flat on his face.

I figured with FWP looking the way he has tonight it was safe to drop him for Quinn. More of a move to block an owner whom needs QB help and has been slow to the wire today.

ETA: Block.

He should be okay moving forward. Has a decent amount of weapons around him for him to be comfortable. Very good WR in Edwards, good runner in Lewis, and a top notch TE in Winslow. If the line can block, can't see him falling flat on his face. I figured with FWP looking the way he has tonight it was safe to drop him for Quinn. More of a move to blow an owner whom needs QB help and has been slow to the wire today.
Um, what? :)

That's what they called people who drafted Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco as one of their prominent QB's on their squad."Crazy bastards drafting rookie QB's! A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK!? HA!"Quinn isn't even a rookie either -- he has some bench years under his belt and should have a very firm grasp of the playbook. It's not as long a time as Aaron Rodgers, but I remember a lot of people who treated him like the plague in their drafts.No one ever won a fantasy football title by playing it safe and refusing to start some potential breakout players in favor of some older, slower, declining veterans.
I'm all for rolling the dice...But for all except the QB-bereft, it might make sense to see how he does in his first game. :)

That's what they called people who drafted Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco as one of their prominent QB's on their squad."Crazy bastards drafting rookie QB's! A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK!? HA!"

Quinn isn't even a rookie either -- he has some bench years under his belt and should have a very firm grasp of the playbook. It's not as long a time as Aaron Rodgers, but I remember a lot of people who treated him like the plague in their drafts.

No one ever won a fantasy football title by playing it safe and refusing to start some potential breakout players in favor of some older, slower, declining veterans.
Huh? Flacco? He doesn't have years under his belt and yes they have.

He should be okay moving forward. Has a decent amount of weapons around him for him to be comfortable. Very good WR in Edwards, good runner in Lewis, and a top notch TE in Winslow. If the line can block, can't see him falling flat on his face. I figured with FWP looking the way he has tonight it was safe to drop him for Quinn. More of a move to blow an owner whom needs QB help and has been slow to the wire today.
Um, what? :goodposting:
Haha :excited: "block" an owner, Freudian slip, eh?

I'm all for rolling the dice...But for all except the QB-bereft, it might make sense to see how he does in his first game. :excited:
But its against the Denver Broncos! Whose pass defense is rivaled only by the Kansas City Chiefs rushing defense!

That's what they called people who drafted Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco as one of their prominent QB's on their squad."Crazy bastards drafting rookie QB's! A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK!? HA!"

Quinn isn't even a rookie either -- he has some bench years under his belt and should have a very firm grasp of the playbook. It's not as long a time as Aaron Rodgers, but I remember a lot of people who treated him like the plague in their drafts.

No one ever won a fantasy football title by playing it safe and refusing to start some potential breakout players in favor of some older, slower, declining veterans.
The first part was about rookie quarterbacks.. The second?

Please read my post again, because I'm still not getting what you're trying to imply.

Please read my post again, because I'm still not getting what you're trying to imply.
Flacco is on my 5 keeper FA where Garcia and Frerotte are not. Must be a 20 team or dynasty. He has only 1.5 years under his belt. Actually I am sure many have won by playing aged/declining Vets.

Flacco is on my 5 keeper FA where Garcia and Frerotte are not. Must be a 20 team or dynasty. He has only 1.5 years under his belt. Actually I am sure many have won by playing aged/declining Vets.
I wouldn't say Garcia is declining. He's quite old (36 or 37 I believe?) but in fitness years the guy is like 15. I also highly doubt Frerotte is going to be around for much longer, but I see why people have him obviously. I don't know, I guess what I should have said was that fantasy football dynasties are not built by <insert the rest here>. Sure there's some exceptions, but its a keeper/dynasty league -- you're rewarded if you have quality players because you get to keep them. You don't get to keep anyone if they retire, nor do you get anything along the lines of a compensatory selection. At least you don't in my leagues..

Since a lot of people arent high on quinn. Should i take an offer Jamarcus and a 09' 1st for Quinn?

Users who are viewing this thread