What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

Sad the season is over. Glad l will not have to wade through all the ever growing number of morons in the shark pool for 9 months.

First championship in my 5 years of FF. Jumped in the deep end -- 14 team auction with shrinking rosters (down to 10-man by Week 12). Finally got it done this year, with highest weekly total in the league all year today (to erase a huge 1st week deficit, no less.)

Thanks to all on this board. It's a great forum.

This is how you know that people just post on here and don't care about other people's success/failure. A guy wins $110,000 and only one person commented.

Congrats guy. I believe I heard you on the sirius fantasy channel the other night. Out of curiosity, what did your teams look like to wins prizes that large? I've never played in the big leagues like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how you know that people just post on here and don't care about other people's success/failure. A guy wins $110,000 and only one person commented. Congrats guy. I believe I heard you on the sirius fantasy channel the other night. Out of curiosity, what did your teams look like to wins prizes that large? I've never played in the big leagues like that.
Thank you!!!!! I appreciate you noticing my big win it truly was fortunate as I won by 1.89 pts and yes I was on siruis fantasy channel on Monday and a few other shows have had me call in for an interview.There was 1872 teams in this league overall and the Seattle vs SF game was a night to remember going into the game in 2nd and 5th place and moving from 5th to 1st thanks to Lynch to win it all while sweating Crabtree all night and especially that final drive 1 catch for 9 yards and I would not have won it.http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11640I drew the 7th draft slot in both drafts (My 1st place team drafted on Monday, Sept 3rd and my 4th place team drafted on Tuesday, Sept 4th)The NFFC does 6 pts per TD pass and 1 PPR for all positions and I was hoping for Calvin at the 7 spot but he went pick 6 so now I was in no mans land so I grabbed Tom Brady (and I really don't like taking QB this early) but in 6 pts per TD pass I went with Brady (over Brees).1st place finish draft (top 9 picks)BradyGronkLynchDeckerLloydWayneD-BrownSpillerWells4th place finish draft (Top 9 picks)BradyMurrayCruzDezDeckerFinleyHillisSpillerHeluSo on both teams I had Brady, Spiller and Decker and that was huge as both had great weeks 14-16 (the 3 championship playoff weeks) though Spiller struggled week 14.My key waiver pick ups for my 1st place team was gettting Moreno in the final waiver week pick ups and Pitta when Gronk went down. I never though this team could win it all with no Gronk but Pitta had a huge week 15.After my 1st draft on Monday I was actually disappointed with this team and I thought it was one of my worst drafts of the year. I wanted Dez in round 4 and he went just before me and I felt like I reached for Decker in the 4th (as you see I got him in the 5th the next day). I felt that my WR core was not very strong with Decker, Lloyd and Wayne at the time and I just could not find a quality WR on the waiver wire I just kept missing out and I was forced to start Lloyd week 14 after he scored 2 pts week 13 and wow he came through huge 27 pts. At RB I felt I was very week behind Lynch and I was worried about Lynch as he was having back spasams at the time I drafted him. Donald Brown proved to be a bust but Spiller proved to be huge.For my 4th place team I felt a lot better about this team but Hillis proved to be a bust and again Spiller picked up the slack but I loved my WR's here Cruz, Dez, Decker now as my #3 instead of my #1. Finely ended up being a huge bust though but Seattle DF was huge week 14 and this team was actually 1st place after week 14 playoff round. Dez was huge week 16 to pull me into 2nd place but I fell to 4th when SF scored on 4th and 17.My big pick up was D-Alexander for this team to be my flex down the stretch if Cruz, Alexander and M-Bennett didn't all tank week 15 (7 combined pts for the 3 guys) this team would have won it and my other team would have finished 2nd. I also sat Finley week 15 (11 pts) and Bennett scored 2.5 pts as my starter. After Alexander scored 0 pts in week 15 and playing vs Cromartie week 16 I thought about benching him and many experts I talked to and asked who should I start "Alexander, J-Rodgers or M-Benett" for my flex - no one told me Alexander most said J-Rodgers. Had I sat Alexander I would not have finished 4th.My week 16 line ups1st place teamBrady, Lynch, Spiller, Moreno, Decker, Wayne, Lloyd, Pitta, Janikowski, NYJ DF4th place teamBrady, Murray, Spiller, Cruz, Dez, Decker, Alexander, Finley, Gostkowski, Seattle DF

yep I won a trip for two to the super bowl, flight, four nights, tickets to the game a $500 cash :banned:
How was it?
It was pretty kick ###. Never been to New Orleans before, I would definatly go back and actually pay to do it. All the locals were super nice and loved telling you all the cool places to go. Good weather, good food/drinks/music, no stop partying for 4 days and the game wasn't half bad. :banned: :banned: :thumbup:

I won a $110,000 last night finished 1st place and 4th place in the NFFC online championship contest pending stat changes amazingly I would have finished both 1st and 2nd place out of 1872 teams if not for that last TD pass by SF on 4th down and 17 my team ending up in 4th place had Seattle DF and I lost 6 pts because of that last play TD but I will take 1st and 4th as the final drive for SF with 7 mins left started I was 1.89 pts up on 2nd place and 3.95 pts ahead of 3rd place and they both had Crabtree so if he had caught a pass for 9 yards I would have lost 1st place.I came into the final game sitting in 2nd and 5th place and it was my 5th place team with Lynch scoring 27 pts pushing me into 1st place for the $100,000 grand prize.Now I have to wait until Thursday and hope for no stat changes.
Damn. Nice work man! :thumbup:

WinMyLeague.com FFPC Super Satellite Championship Team

Newton, Cam QB CAR

Johnson, Calvin WR DET

Wilson, Russell QB SEA

Lynch, Marshawn RB SEA

Jackson, Vincent WR TAM

Colston, Marques WR NOR

Morris, Alfred RB WAS

Richardson, Trent RB CLE

Gore, Frank RB SFO

Gresham, Jermaine TE CIN

Bennett, Martellus TE NYG

Gibson, Brandon WR STL

Washington, Nate WR TEN

Ravens, Baltimore D/ST BAL

Packers, Green Bay D/ST GNB

Bironas, Rob K TEN

Zuerlein, Greg K STL

Green, Alex RB GNB

Randle, Rueben WR NYG

Mendenhall, Rashard RB PIT

$500 initial investment, $8,000 pay day!

This is how you know that people just post on here and don't care about other people's success/failure. A guy wins $110,000 and only one person commented. Congrats guy. I believe I heard you on the sirius fantasy channel the other night. Out of curiosity, what did your teams look like to wins prizes that large? I've never played in the big leagues like that.
Indeed I have some big cash wins from in the past, but nothing of that sort by any imagination. Congrats no doubt. 100 Gs ain't no joke in this economy. I'm gonna have to take another shot at the big games next year.

I delete a lot of e-mails from FBG's like the rest of you.

normally by the time they send out an update, twitter or any other news source i follow has beaten them by hours.

Having said that, I realize they are a news provider.

Also, before anyone says i can just unsubscribe.. they do send many useful e-mails when we are closer to the season.

BUT today really took the cake, they bothered sending an e-mail out about a Punter getting cut?

Why would you do that?

it has zero relevence to 99.9999% of all fantasy leagues.

Why send that out? Can i get the 7 seconds of my life back it took to look at that subject line and hit delete?

Com'on...

normally by the time they send out an update, twitter or any other news source i follow has beaten them by hours.

Also, before anyone says i can just unsubscribe.. they do send many useful e-mails when we are closer to the season.

BUT today really took the cake, they bothered sending an e-mail out about a Punter getting cut?

Why would you do that?

Why send that out? Can i get the 7 seconds of my life back it took to look at that subject line and hit delete?

Com'on...
I like when they send 2 or 3 contradictory updates about the same player in a single email. And for some reason, they're numbered in a way that makes no sense.

"3. TE Joe Schmo visits with Pats."

"9. Pats pass on TE Schmo."

"13. TE Schmo to test waters with Pats." (Our Take: Could be a good fit, we'll see how his visit goes and keep you updated.)

Why would you do that?

Com'on...
I like when they send 2 or 3 contradictory updates about the same player in a single email. And for some reason, they're numbered in a way that makes no sense.

"3. TE Joe Schmo visits with Pats."

"9. Pats pass on TE Schmo."

"13. TE Schmo to test waters with Pats." (Our Take: Could be a good fit, we'll see how his visit goes and keep you updated.)
Yeah I really hope they don't end up turning into Rotoworld(just like you described) with their quick takes. FBG's is the best FF site no doubt, but that doesn't mean they can't be even better! :)

I guess this would be a good place to vent about this: The subscriber section seems to have taken a large step back this off-season. It is harder to navigate and the player pages are much less useful. A lot of the information seems pretty out-dated.

Latest news is a joke, it is rarely updated. Faust is doing a better job on the forum of doing it than the FBG site.

yea what a shame... Espn is better then this site.. keep paying your 30 dollar subscription fee LOL I stopped doin that last year when I realized the free news section is basically all you need plus this site is pretty weak... forum is best part of the site... news outdated, rankings suspect and moderator a Jack wagon

yea what a shame... Espn is better then this site.. keep paying your 30 dollar subscription fee LOL I stopped doin that last year when I realized the free news section is basically all you need plus this site is pretty weak... forum is best part of the site... news outdated, rankings suspect and moderator a Jack wagon
Subscriber contest.

I think I have outgrown my "league of record." I knew there were some guppies there, but I also used to be a gupp. I was the guy who would buy a magazine a few weeks before the draft, make a few minor modifications, and go in with zero strategy of who to take and how. But since that was everyone else, it was fine. The past few years, though, I've done mock drafts, I've been scouring sites for more in-depth news... and I've become a fixture in the playoffs. But once I came here and have had the chance to see just how far this hobby could go, to get an incredible volume of news and info, to get to break down strategies and counterstrategies... this year, the draft was the most depressing experience I've had.

Ignorance truly was bliss.

In my league, it's pretty straightforward. 12 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D. So there's no excuse whatsoever for FOUR QBs to be taken in the first round. Four. One of those was when a guy who had been out of our league for a couple of years came back into the fold, hadn't played at all since he'd been gone, and went with a homer pick of Colin Kaepernick at 1.9. At 1.8, I got Ray Rice. Happy, I suppose. But this whole off-season I was gearing up to go upside down on the back half of the draft. I wanted to take Calvin Johnson, but Ray Rice was just too good. So when 2.5 came around, CJ Spiller was just too good to pass up.

Did I mention that I think I have outgrown my league?

I'm not gonna break down the rest of my draft because nobody likes a "check out this team that fell to me" kind of thing. Just take "CJ Spiller at 2.5" then execute the "fill down" function. But this depresses me. This day is supposed to be the highlight of the year. This is Christmas for sports. And here I am, sitting on top of the biggest pile of presents in the room, and all I can think of is "And I'll have the biggest pile of presents next year too." I can't enjoy it.

I have missed the live draft once in the past nineteen years, and that was for the birth of my daughter. When I lived in Denver, it was an eleven hour drive each way. Never missed it. Three years ago, my car broke down on the way up there. Burnt the engine out. My wife didn't say "What did you do?" or "I have no idea how we'll pay for a new car." First words out of her mouth were "So how are we gonna get you up there in time?" She knows how much I value this. I have a mammoth collection of gear for my team just so I can show up with something new for the draft. (Check it out for yourself.) This is what the fantasy football has been for me.

And now, it sucks. It sucks because I know I will waltz into the playoffs with a team I don't like because it is too good. There's no wringing-of-hands over who to trade or what waiver moves to make. There most likely won't be any scoreboard-watching because I can just assume I've got a win and if I don't, it's okay because there is a zero-point-zero percent chance of losing back-to-back games. Where is the fun in this?

I play in a couple of online leagues with a larger collection of sharks, but that's all just "Whose spreadsheet is better?" Holds no interest for me. What I like is when somebody sends McDonald's coupon books to everyone in the league so they can enjoy LlamaBurgers (since the Mud Lake Rabbits would be destroying the Lorenzo Llamas). Photoshopping photos to mock other teams. This is what I'll enjoy... but the mechanism for it is now broken. And I'm afraid it's broken beyond repair for me.

It's not fair to drop $300 on a custom helmet for your team only to have everyone else make it not-fun anymore.

I think I have outgrown my "league of record." I knew there were some guppies there, but I also used to be a gupp. I was the guy who would buy a magazine a few weeks before the draft, make a few minor modifications, and go in with zero strategy of who to take and how. But since that was everyone else, it was fine. The past few years, though, I've done mock drafts, I've been scouring sites for more in-depth news... and I've become a fixture in the playoffs. But once I came here and have had the chance to see just how far this hobby could go, to get an incredible volume of news and info, to get to break down strategies and counterstrategies... this year, the draft was the most depressing experience I've had.

Ignorance truly was bliss.

In my league, it's pretty straightforward. 12 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 D. So there's no excuse whatsoever for FOUR QBs to be taken in the first round. Four. One of those was when a guy who had been out of our league for a couple of years came back into the fold, hadn't played at all since he'd been gone, and went with a homer pick of Colin Kaepernick at 1.9. At 1.8, I got Ray Rice. Happy, I suppose. But this whole off-season I was gearing up to go upside down on the back half of the draft. I wanted to take Calvin Johnson, but Ray Rice was just too good. So when 2.5 came around, CJ Spiller was just too good to pass up.

Did I mention that I think I have outgrown my league?

I'm not gonna break down the rest of my draft because nobody likes a "check out this team that fell to me" kind of thing. Just take "CJ Spiller at 2.5" then execute the "fill down" function. But this depresses me. This day is supposed to be the highlight of the year. This is Christmas for sports. And here I am, sitting on top of the biggest pile of presents in the room, and all I can think of is "And I'll have the biggest pile of presents next year too." I can't enjoy it.

I have missed the live draft once in the past nineteen years, and that was for the birth of my daughter. When I lived in Denver, it was an eleven hour drive each way. Never missed it. Three years ago, my car broke down on the way up there. Burnt the engine out. My wife didn't say "What did you do?" or "I have no idea how we'll pay for a new car." First words out of her mouth were "So how are we gonna get you up there in time?" She knows how much I value this. I have a mammoth collection of gear for my team just so I can show up with something new for the draft. (Check it out for yourself.) This is what the fantasy football has been for me.

And now, it sucks. It sucks because I know I will waltz into the playoffs with a team I don't like because it is too good. There's no wringing-of-hands over who to trade or what waiver moves to make. There most likely won't be any scoreboard-watching because I can just assume I've got a win and if I don't, it's okay because there is a zero-point-zero percent chance of losing back-to-back games. Where is the fun in this?

I play in a couple of online leagues with a larger collection of sharks, but that's all just "Whose spreadsheet is better?" Holds no interest for me. What I like is when somebody sends McDonald's coupon books to everyone in the league so they can enjoy LlamaBurgers (since the Mud Lake Rabbits would be destroying the Lorenzo Llamas). Photoshopping photos to mock other teams. This is what I'll enjoy... but the mechanism for it is now broken. And I'm afraid it's broken beyond repair for me.

It's not fair to drop $300 on a custom helmet for your team only to have everyone else make it not-fun anymore.
Sounds like you have me to thank thumb. You should try the FPC next year. While you may not get the photo shop troll exploits you expect you will the competition you desire. I will photoshop troll you if you want.

Bragging post -- please do not read.

Third year in my local and I ####### kicked ### yesterday.

I sucked the first year, missed the playoffs. Finished third last year after adjusting somewhat to the unique scoring, but still didn't fully get it. Yesterday's draft just went insanely well IMO, as player after player fell to me at ridiculously good value.

It's a QB flex PPR with big bonuses for 50+ yard TDs and 100+ or 200+ yard games. So you can start QB, RB, WR or TE at flex. Scoring gets crazy with all the bonuses. Top score each week is anywhere from 140 to 200+.

After really researching hard over the past month I was convinced that 2 stud QBs is the way to win this league and after about 20 mocks, I sat down and wrote up a plan for the first 8 rounds based on ADPs and who I expected to be there. The blueprint was (I picked 8th):

1. QB if Rodgers, Brees or Manning available, otherwise RB.

2. RB if I took a QB at 8, otherwise best QB.

3. WR

4. QB

5. RB

6. WR

7. WR -- went TE instead

8. TE -- went RB

First time I've ever had a plan this specific, and I was convinced it would give me the best team based on ADPs and this league's drafting tendencies. Note that 10 QBs went in the first 2 rounds last year. This year, 4. :confused:

Everything fell into place but I started to improvise in the 7th based on the values that were falling to me.

QB: Manning, Romo, Manuel

RB: Richardson, Bernard, Vereen, Tate, C Michael

WR: Demariyus, Torrey Smith, K Thompkins, D Hopkins, Blackmon, Streater

TE: V Davis, J Cameron

D: Giants, K: Hartley

I got Manning at 8 and was stunned to get Richardson at 17. Thomas in the 3rd, Romo in the 4th. "Romo?!" I heard from across the room...yeah, we can start 2 QBs and they were 10 of the top 15 players in our league last year. Best teams last year started a QB at flex most weeks. Just seemed like a no-brainer.

Missed Gronk by one pick at 6.5, then figured I'd wait and grab a Cook or Rudolph later, but Davis was there in the 7th. I was really happy to land Cameron as a backup.

Mid to late round WRs I was targeting: Golden Tate, Josh Gordon, Hopkins, Blackmon, Tavon Austin. I figured with the buzz around Thompkins, he'd go before I was willing to take him, but there he was in the 10th.

This game is unpredictable but I'm just pumped that my preparation paid off and there is literally not one pick I would take back. :booya:

Users who are viewing this thread