What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Thanks Derek Carr. Down by 26 with 5 minutes left and 1 sack and two turnovers/1TD and my lead with 1 player a piece is gone. Broncos D with 4 points at that point and they finish wit 15. Let's go Antonio Brown.

Oh, FU Mike Wallace and the Dolphins D. Thanks for showing up.

Won my league! Yes we play until week 17 :( hopefully that'll change for next year.

Thanks to Aaron Rodgers, OBJ, Forsett, Lamar Miller & a plethora of kickers & defenses that I plugged in and maximized points from.

I started out 2-5 and things did not look good. Awesome in season management however lead to winning the final 7 regular season games, becoming the top point scorer and getting a playoff bye, then winning weeks 16 & 17 in playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Derek Carr. Down by 26 with 5 minutes left and 1 sack and two turnovers/1TD and my lead with 1 player a piece is gone. Broncos D with 4 points at that point and they finish wit 15. Let's go Antonio Brown.

Oh, FU Mike Wallace and the Dolphins D. Thanks for showing up.
:goodposting:

Gotta love Antonio Brown's TD that gets me nothing. Woo hoo! I already lost 1 of my 3 championship games due to my own idiotic decision, so it would be nice if Brown plays well enough to win this one.

Just realized that a stat correction was applied to Week 16 grantng the New England defense with a blocked FG and an extra 2 pts. Instead of losing the championship game by 0.3 I am now crowned the champ by 1.7

Vince Wilfork and his magic fingertips are now my favorite football players!

Gotta love Antonio Brown's TD that gets me nothing. Woo hoo! I already lost 1 of my 3 championship games due to my own idiotic decision, so it would be nice if Brown plays well enough to win this one.
Thanks Antonio, I knew the reverse jinx would work.

Total points and SB $$$ thanks to the 1-2 punch of Brown and ODB. I scored the most points in the league in weeks 15 (no byes), 16 and 17 to make sure I didn't lose a game in the playoffs. Brown (PPR) had 22, 20 and 27 and ODB had 43, 37 and 38.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a rare brag. Just won the league title. I realized a few weeks in that the playoff settings had a two-week final that went into W17. I argued for a change but the commissioner opposed me. Now I face the commissioner for the championship. I'm trailing by 19 after W16, and I have to sit Brady and Hilton while all his players go as normal. Then I have Bell go out in the third quarter. But his Manning, Jordy, Forte, Green, Julius Thomas all tanked while I replaced Brady and Hilton with Eli and Randle. Now, the commish named this league "RIP Eli Manning's Career," so I picked up Eli in W12 anticipating that Brady would sit W17 and I would start him for the title. I figured it would be fitting for Eli to lead me to a championship in a league with that name. How could it not work with that setup?

And I'm also rubbing the commish's words back in his face now. After W12, with him mistakenly thinking I would miss the playoffs if I lost in W13 (I would have advanced on the points tiebreaker, and I won anyway), he pm'd me this: "I hope you do make it, I need an easy 1st round match up!!! It would make me very happy to bubble you. ... I'm definitely not unbeatable, but your ****ty team has no chance."

How sweet it is!

The ugly:

-- bounced in a semi-final in week 16. If Luck simply had not played and I had taken a zero, I would have advanced and eventually would have won the title (I can't help but check how I would have fared the following week)

The bad:

-- lost badly in a Super Bowl in week 16. No decision I could have made would have changed the outcome. Not even close.

The good:

-- In week 17, Aaron Rodgers somehow comes back into the game and scores two more times in the second half. Then Antonio Brown comes up big in the final game and I come from behind to win the title.

Oh, and the really ugly:

In my other league I made more roster moves than anyone by a wide margin...and missed the playoffs altogether. People don't always mention the teams that don't make it, but I wanted to put that in there. Weak team from week 1 until it ended.

Was leading the Super Bowl and the overall points race (our league has payouts for both) right up until Brown's touchdown catch last night. Still got a decent payout, but that touchdown cost me a good bit of cash.

A little late to the game. I lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to the only playoff team who outscored me. Dropped to a 2 week consolation round for 5th place. Outscored the entire playoff field both weeks. My opponent for 5th outscored the field except for me both weeks. Timing is everything.

Just thinking how unprobable it was for me to win my league this year when I started with the following Week 1 RB stable:

CJ Spiller

Zac Stacy

Trent Richardson

MJD

Bryce Brown

Oof.

Users who are viewing this thread