What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

Tried to drop Eagles D to get Dolphins D earlier this week but was outbid, so decided to drop Eagles this morning to grab Chiefs D!

Just when you thought that kickers didn't matter, I started Nick Novak (0 points) over Dustin Hopkins (21.4 points) in a 24 man roster league where I was forced to draft two kickers per league rules. 

There is an interesting league structure idea for everyone... have 24 man rosters and enforce a minimum of 2 Defenses and 2 Kickers to be drafted on every team so there are even more opportunities for owners to beat themselves up over line-up decisions!  :rant:

Can't make the right moves in one league. Picked up the wrong te to Play for gates.  Played the wrong wr.  Played the wrong rb.  Played the wrong def.  Ugh

Wilson, Mathews, Woodhead, Stewart, Abdullah, Watkins, Gronk

Dead QBs: Dez, Crowell, Bennett, Decker

Who is left? Hill, Gio, Fuller, Osweiler, Wentz, Boswell

Carnage

Wrong lineup decisions are absolutely killing me. Sat the Vikings D (worried about Panther offense) and it's going to cost me a win. It's infuriating when I'm about to have a good 1-2 team. 

Sat Emmanuel Sanders today after getting little from him the 1st 2 weeks.
Try sitting Emmanuel and desean Jackson after playing them 1st 2 wks.  Oh and to top it off get Gronk back this wk gotta put him in right ? Also dropped Jimmy Graham for the hot free agent Devante Parker 

Last edited by a moderator:
Try sitting Emmanuel and desean Jackson after playing them 1st 2 wks.  Oh and to top it off get Gronk back this wk gotta put him in right ? Also dropped Jimmy Graham for the hot free agent Devante Parker 
I sat djax for Lockett in a rtn yardage league.  Not one target

Also, sit ting djax was the right move looking at the numbers.  Nyg def has been nasty

Will likely go 1-2 this week

Zeke getting vultured 3 times sealed ine of them.

But, and not FF, all of that was secondary as my team held on for the title and I believe a $750 payday in my fantasy baseball auction league.

Heading into this week looked like a lock to be 3-0.  Projected score something like 104 to 80.  Wellllllll....then Big Ben looked pretty small, CJA disappeared, Maclin continued to disappoint, 9 of my 14 starters underperformed - and the other 5 just met expectation.  Meanwhile the opponent overperformed at 10 of 14 positions and the other 4 met expectations.  Perfect storm for an upset and wound up losing by 25 when I was favored by 24.  This game is so random.

Probably my second-worst loss in 20 years of fantasy football. I lose 138.80-138.06 with my starting RBs (Zeke and Freeman) getting sniped five times when there's no reason they shouldn't be getting goal-line carries. And if Freeman doesn't get caught on that long run at the end, I win. Nice time to start playing D, Saints.

Had Julio and Benjamin combine for 2pts and still scored 183pts on one of my FPC teams.  FF is such a strange game sometimes.

Getting crushed in my D/ST redraft with Julio, Novak, RJennings, Foster - Dez & Ingram the only players helping me at all.  :wall:

Crushing it in my IDP league with Brees, Evans, Ingram, D.Johnson, M.Thomas, Derek Johnson with the 55 yd pick 6, Everson Griffen with the hat trick of sacks, Reggie Nelson with the pick + a boatload of tackles, Von Miller with the sack, Landon Collins chipping in - highest score in the league, and that's with Snead, Watkins & Moncrief out.  Can't wait until I can play my full lineup - if the rest stay healthy I like my chances in this league. ;)  

Would have won this week if any of below happened

Didn't stream miamI

Spencer ware's td stood up

Picked up rudolph off ww

Played djax over lockett

Lost by 10

Ended up winning with the below players benched on one team, 12 team PPR:

McCoy, Gronk, Wilson, djax, Bell, Charles Sims, Tavon Austin and Eagles D

Took 2 0's out of Matthews and Pitt D, won by 1 point 

3-0

3-0

2-1

This games easy, just don't draft ####ty players

Last week I was the second highest scorer, lost by 9.58. Bortles over Taylor cost me 10.83. 

This week I was the second highest scorer, lost by 3.29. Fuller over Thomas cost me 14.00. 

That's 20-2 in all play, 0-2 in H2H.

First time I'm 0-3 since 2004. What really hurts is the last two weeks were against the historical doormats of my league.

I'm up for the challenge!

Scored highest in the league this week. 1-2, first draft pick out for the season, but looking up because of Stafford, Jones, Freeman, Hyde. I still think Hyde is underrated as a back in general, but that's for another day.  Second highest aggregate point total at 1-2. Yikes.  

Down 19 in PPR with Julio and Tevin Coleman left. Figured one guy would carry the weight and another one might chip in a little bit to help.

That's what happened, but they switched roles. Better to be lucky than good, I guess.

My dynasty team currently has the following players unavailable due to injury/suspension: Dez, Allen, Rawls, Lewis, Stewart, Eifert, Coleman, Martavis

If you're counting on Allen Robinson or Aaron Rodgers, probably best to sell before they get injured as well.

I was down 40 points (77.41-117.71) with my opponent starting Brandon Cooks. I had Sneed, but had to pick up Fleener on Sunday in case Sneed was out. My other two starters were Freeman & Coleman. Final score was 162.91 - 121.61. I've never snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat like that on a Monday night game. Oh, and that was the high score of the week in the league.

Managed to win despite Carson Palmer and Julio putting up 6 points combined.  Thanks ARob and Hilton for bailing me out.  

Went against Cooks in week 1, Benjamin in week 2 and now AJ in week 4. Somebody always blows up against me.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Knew I should have sat Landry with that patchwork Miami O line not being able to block anything but couldn't help myself. 

I don't have the balls to bench alshon for DeSean Jackson of fuller. . . . Even though I know he'll just be a decoy today . . . . . Agggggggg. . . . Because we all know what happens when we bench that stud we thought was hurt , 150 and 2, guaranteed 

0 out of th3 kicker spot is never a good morning.  Compounded by Doyle at TE (neglected the position and have Ertz and been rorating guys while he has been hurt and on a bye )

Users who are viewing this thread