What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Bolden (1 Viewer)

Good matchup this week, not so much next week. I realize the Titans line is better than many maybe realize and their FF rank vs RBs is very low (they allow 27th most) but this could be a blowout. With BB there is always a risk of getting skunked but who else is there if they get a lead and grind it out?

I for one will never trust a Patriot back in the fantasy playoffs. I do not care how good the matchup or how good the RB.

Normally I subscribe to the "You better Belichek yourself before you wreck yourself" but I'm not worrying about it. I nabbed Bolden and will roll with him.

My team has been ravaged by injuries and I'm lucky to be this far and I feel I'm playing house money at this point.

Normally I subscribe to the "You better Belichek yourself before you wreck yourself" but I'm not worrying about it. I nabbed Bolden and will roll with him.

My team has been ravaged by injuries and I'm lucky to be this far and I feel I'm playing house money at this point.
Same here. My four RB's were Ingram, Foster, Blount, and Lacy. Lacy is the last man standing.

Got Bolden with last priority. Was shooting for Denard Robinson, or B Brown, but I guess time will tell.

That's exactly my story too. Last ww priority and lost Rawls, Yeldon, Dion and Lynch along the way.

This is my final bullet and and if the Death Star doesn't explode I'm going kamikaze.

thatguythere said:
pantherclub said:
Is James white not even a factor here anymore? Seems like he had a decent fantasy week on very limited opportunity.
Stay on target......stay on target.
This is the part of the movie where Steven Jackson flies in out of nowhere in the Millenium Falcon and shoots both these guys out of the trench.

thatguythere said:
pantherclub said:
Is James white not even a factor here anymore? Seems like he had a decent fantasy week on very limited opportunity.
Stay on target......stay on target.
This is the part of the movie where Steven Jackson flies in out of nowhere in the Millenium Falcon and shoots both these guys out of the trench.
Funny because it's probably going to be true at some point. However, I do think this is a Bolden game. It would be too soon to trust someone off the street with pass pro. Unlike Obi Wan, if Brady gets struck down, NE does not get more powerful than you could ever imagine. A million voices will cry out in terror and suddenly be silenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to say I was shocked when Boldin had that 63 yard TD catch vs Denver. Didn't know he could fly like that. I know, snow aided and covered by LB, but still really nice.

Blount didn't do much this year. Wouldn't the assumption be Bolden would be less productive than Blount?

Yahoo loves him this weekend. They have an 18/80/1 projection. Seems very generous.

Some are down on him, thinking with TN front 7 this will be a passing script and White will get the action. I agree - in the 1st half. Realistically NE will be up 20 fairly early in this one, and that dictates some running attack. Which should be Bolden. I just want him to get in the end zone once and get double digits.

Some are down on him, thinking with TN front 7 this will be a passing script and White will get the action. I agree - in the 1st half. Realistically NE will be up 20 fairly early in this one, and that dictates some running attack. Which should be Bolden. I just want him to get in the end zone once and get double digits.
Pretty much how I see it. Bolden should benefit by second half volume, and could luck into a few shots at gl. they have no choice but to use him, and he's very versatile. They're not going to risk injury by pounding the smaller White. I think 15/50 rushing plus 4/20 receiving is a reasonable expectation. With a little luck could turn into 100 total yards and a couple tds.

The only thing I've heard on some of the FF shows is he is so valuable in special teams they don't want to risk him..I agree though, unless their plan is to throw it 60 times, even with a 20 point lead, I don't see what choice they have unless they are going to play someone like Ball fresh off the street. White won't get those carries.

Bolden will get 80% of Blount's carries. So four carries. Brady will just chuck it 50 times a game. Will be interesting to see if they get up big if they want to grind it out or if they go no huddle and just snap the ball with a second on the play clock and still dink and dunk.

Realistically, Bolden probably will see 10-12 carries. White with a few. Don't expect much production from running the ball.

Bolden will get 80% of Blount's carries. So four carries. Brady will just chuck it 50 times a game. Will be interesting to see if they get up big if they want to grind it out or if they go no huddle and just snap the ball with a second on the play clock and still dink and dunk.

Realistically, Bolden probably will see 10-12 carries. White with a few. Don't expect much production from running the ball.
I disagree..Bolden had 16 carries after blount went down last week. I don't think brady chucks it 60 times, they will be up and try to run some..mix in a few catches and bolden could have a productive day. I think he scores at least 1 td.

Holy crap, I hope he doesn't chuck it 50 or 60.

I'm playing against him :unsure:

AND

I have Bolden. If that happens I'm screwed big time. :yucky:

I just don't see the Pats chasing from behind against Tenn to warrant 50 passes.

I see a first half lead, 2nd half run oriented clock killing game plan. PLEASE :excited:

I guess I may be crazy but I think the Titans will score fairly regularly to make this a closer game than you guys think

Not sure how that would shake out for boldin or white but fantasy wise I think white would produce more.

Joey Iosefa | NE

(December 19, 2015 12:44 PM EST)

Patriots signed RB Joey Iosefa from their practice squad.

This is good news for Brandon Bolden. A seventh-round pick of the Bucs last spring, Iosefa is a plodding runner who fits better as a fullback than a lead back. Bolden should lead the team in carries in a game the Patriots are projected to win big. Bolden is a solid RB2 with some sneaky upside.

SOURCE: NESN

Like others have so eloquently posted, Bolden's value will come later on once the Pats are up 77. 80 yards and a TD would be amazing.

I don't know what to make of activating Iosefa. Maybe he plays the Devlin role? It just goes to show how you can't trust BB and that affects your FF decisions. all signs point to Bolden being a good start at flex today but I can't bring myself to do it.

This I believe.

Well, it's either Bolden or Antonio Andrews for me, and I think Bolden is clearly the better choice.

Plus, someone just mentioned this in the Brady thread:

Highly respected/reliable Pats beat writer Mike Reiss just said that "the Pats said that Brady is 100%, but he didn't look 100% to me."

So maybe Bolden might be more involved than expected.

Well, it's either Bolden or Antonio Andrews for me, and I think Bolden is clearly the better choice.

Highly respected/reliable Pats beat writer Mike Reiss just said that "the Pats said that Brady is 100%, but he didn't look 100% to me."

Slightly off topic, I saw that as well but not really sure what that means. The writer looked at Brady and says he look sick? Kindof vague

Or White/Iosefa are more involved and Bolden's role doesn't change. I just benched Bolden for Bryce. Wouldn't surprise me if Iosefa leads the rushing attack today a la Jonas Gray last year.

Or White/Iosefa are more involved and Bolden's role doesn't change. I just benched Bolden for Bryce. Wouldn't surprise me if Iosefa leads the rushing attack today a la Jonas Gray last year.
It wouldn't surprise me the least if Bolden gets usurped by some unknown. I vowed 4 years ago to NEVER draft or pick up a NE running back unless absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, it became absolutely necessary for me this year.

However, my situation also becomes easier knowing that pretty much EVERY FF site out there has Bolden ranked much higher than Andrews so I feel good about starting Bolden.

Users who are viewing this thread