What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Basanez (1 Viewer)

Hendo

Footballguy
having seen much of him this year i must say this is a kid who i think could excel at the next level. you could say that with alot of prospects however what intrigues me the most with Brett is when he first came to North Western out of highschool he was widely known as a pocket passer. in fact he hardly ran much in highschool. he has incredible mechanics for a QB with a really good strong arm. i mean he can drop back and fire it in there with the best of them. his accuracy on 3-step and throw screens or intermediate throws seems to need improvement but he has a really good deep ball with accuracy.(he doesnt throw it out of bounds but tends to give his WR a chance at catching it). aside from his strengths this kid has an incredible set of wheels and some good athletic ability. something i did not see prior to his scouting. his pocket awareness is pretty good and he is ellusive and has a good feel for pocket management somethign i think he's improved on as well. but his athletic ability is something i am far more impressed on. really watch out for Brett and where he goes at the next level. he could be a good surprise pending on where he lands. i wouldnt lump him in with Brady Quinn(my favorite current QB prospect at the college level) but i do like him to Drew Stanton (another favorite of mine) but he has the tools to succeed in the pro game from what i have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
having seen much of him this year i must say this is a kid who i think could excel at the next level.

you could say that with alot of prospects however what intrigues me the most with Brett is when he first came to North Western out of highschool he was widely known as a pocket passer. in fact he hardly ran much in highschool.

he has incredible mechanics for a QB with a really good strong arm. i mean he can drop back and fire it in there with the best of them. his accuracy on 3-step and throw screens or intermediate throws seems to need improvement but he has a really good deep ball with accuracy.(he doesnt throw it out of bounds but tends to give his WR a chance at catching it).

aside from his strengths this kid has an incredible set of wheels and some good athletic ability. something i did not see prior to his scouting. his pocket awareness is pretty good and he is ellusive and has a good feel for pocket management somethign i think he's improved on as well.

but his athletic ability is something i am far more impressed on. really watch out for Brett and where he goes at the next level. he could be a good surprise pending on where he lands.

i wouldnt lump him in with Brady Quinn(my favorite current QB prospect at the college level) but i do like him to Drew Stanton (another favorite of mine)

but he has the tools to succeed in the pro game from what i have seen.
So Hendo, Where do you see him going in the NFL draft next year?

i dont see him going on the first day but i do think he will be considered in the 4th-5th. early going of the 2nd day. actually let me edit this... *pending what juniors do come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
400 yards isn't terrible. A mobile QB who will find a spot in the 5-7th rounds and who is smart enough to catch on as a #3.

I've had the opportunity to see quite a few of his games this year on TV. The kid is underrated. He's a leader, typically pretty accurate, mobile, and smart. I've said since NW's 4th or 5th game this year that he'll be a steal in the draft. I still stand by that.

Users who are viewing this thread