What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre and the Pack this season (1 Viewer)

What would you like to ultimately see happen this season with Brett Favre and the Pack?

• Favre retires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Favre returns, but continues to try to force the hand of management to make moves to improve the tea

• Farve returns, shuts up, and plays football one last season

• Total voters
The Packers need to blow the whole thing up.

They've got nothing to hang their hat on - and the offensive skill position player with the most upside wants to be traded.

Time to rebuild in Packerland.

They've got nothing to hang their hat on - and the offensive skill position player with the most upside wants to be traded.
By this, you mean Favre or Walker?Because I think Favre is angling to be traded to a playoff team with a decent offensive line and which he doesn't have to carry the team. He could return to form in such a scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw.  I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." 

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told.  Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud.....   :shrug:
What is funny, rather real sad is the fact you are quoting Mark Chumura as to give reason to your explanation. That, in essence, is truly sad and shows what it is you lack in Packer knowledge.
Why? 'Cause he had an opinion that didn't conform to the Packer nation norm? Given his relationship with Favre, I'd be more inclined to value his words over someone else who claims to be a die hard fan and merely waves a flag for the team.
What relationship with Favre does he have? Chumura is pushing the legal pad because his decisions screwed up his life. Favre has kept away from him, like every other NFL'er has. If you want to see Chumura watch Court TV because he might be on with the current case going on in Milwaukee right now.
His past relationship. Again, you can choose to discount it, but he and Brett were friends and teammates for quite a few years. I'll take a statement he makes as being, at the very least, more valid than something uttered by a GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes.
So, anything uttered by your perceived "GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes" isn't valid yet we should listen to your views that are filled with hate and complete ignorance?
When the excuse makers and apologists speak, they lack objectivity. That's the point. If someone dares say something unflattering about Favre, you rush out to call them jealous or haters, which is very often not the case. Favre is a damn fine QB, top 6 or 7 all-time in my estimation, but he is not beyond reproach when his actions warrant it. It's not a black/white, right/wrong issue. Favre's decision making has always been suspect (although his fans will write it off as "gains outweigh the losses" or "he's had subpar talent around him"), and he's needed a stronger and shorter leash (Holmgren) to maximize his talents. Add the retirement soap opera to that and most reasonable people can understand why the public is being critical of him right now -- not 'cause they hate him, but because he's acting like the boy who cried wolf about it.....

The Packers need to blow the whole thing up.

Time to rebuild in Packerland.
Thank your for your opinion...no matter how ignorant it may be.

By this, you mean Favre or Walker?Because I think Favre is angling to be traded to a playoff team with a decent offensive line and which he doesn't have to carry the team. He could return to form in such a scenario.
By angling...do you mean repeating over and over throughout his career that he does not want to play anywhere else?

"There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." 
Whatever Favre & Chmura's relationship is today, it doesn't make the above statement any less valid. :shrug:
Does not make it valid at all either.

Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw.  I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." 

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told.  Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud.....   :shrug:
What is funny, rather real sad is the fact you are quoting Mark Chumura as to give reason to your explanation. That, in essence, is truly sad and shows what it is you lack in Packer knowledge.
Why? 'Cause he had an opinion that didn't conform to the Packer nation norm? Given his relationship with Favre, I'd be more inclined to value his words over someone else who claims to be a die hard fan and merely waves a flag for the team.
What relationship with Favre does he have? Chumura is pushing the legal pad because his decisions screwed up his life. Favre has kept away from him, like every other NFL'er has. If you want to see Chumura watch Court TV because he might be on with the current case going on in Milwaukee right now.
His past relationship. Again, you can choose to discount it, but he and Brett were friends and teammates for quite a few years. I'll take a statement he makes as being, at the very least, more valid than something uttered by a GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes.
So, anything uttered by your perceived "GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes" isn't valid yet we should listen to your views that are filled with hate and complete ignorance?
When the excuse makers and apologists speak, they lack objectivity.
The reason we defend him is because people like you have no clue what he is about. One example is when you call him an "8th grade drama queen". Anyone that has followed his career or NFL insiders know this is not anywhere close to describing Favre.It is funny that you write about lacking objectivity because........

:potkettle:

Except that Chewy is pissed that Favre cut ties with him....seems he has more of an agenda then to just talk about his old friend nicely.Or is it just you prefer to take the opinion of someone who dislikes Favre now over anything?

The reason we defend him is because people like you have no clue what he is about. One example is when you call him an "8th grade drama queen". Anyone that has followed his career or NFL insiders know this is not anywhere close to describing Favre.It is funny that you write about lacking objectivity because........

Follow along here, Flaw -- Favre is acting like a drama queen in the midst of this retirement soap opera, that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about his career as a whole, but most recently his daliance with the media and the attention he's seeking by making it a point to voluntarily talk about the subject (even though he's got nothing new to say about it) whenever a microphone is within a few feet of his mouth. Pretty simple concept, no? :yes:

Except that Chewy is pissed that Favre cut ties with him....seems he has more of an agenda then to just talk about his old friend nicely.Or is it just you prefer to take the opinion of someone who dislikes Favre now over anything?
Maybe he is pissed -- they used to good friends, no? What's interesting here is that the media was all over Chewy after he made those comments. Many outlets wanted him to be a guest and talk more about it. He declined all of them. He said his piece and that was it. If he really had an ax to grind (and wanted to capitalize on the spotlight), he should've and would've jumped at those opportunities. He didn't, though.As far as opinions go, I prefer those who have an actual basis for their views. A guy who spent time with Favre and knows him better than 99.9% of the GB/Favre fan base just holds more water to me, ya know? No offense, bro.

Follow along here, Flaw -- Favre is acting like a drama queen in the midst of this retirement soap opera, that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about his career as a whole, but most recently his daliance with the media and the attention he's seeking by making it a point to voluntarily talk about the subject (even though he's got nothing new to say about it) whenever a microphone is within a few feet of his mouth. Pretty simple concept, no? :yes:
He isn't seeking attention and all he has done is speak open and honestly about what has been going through his mind about retirement. Why as a non-Packer fan does his activities bother you so much?Also, please address how Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet you feel you are being objective in your rants about Favre.

Are you that arrogant or ignorant or both?

Maybe he is pissed -- they used to good friends, no? What's interesting here is that the media was all over Chewy after he made those comments. Many outlets wanted him to be a guest and talk more about it. He declined all of them. He said his piece and that was it. If he really had an ax to grind (and wanted to capitalize on the spotlight), he should've and would've jumped at those opportunities. He didn't, though.As far as opinions go, I prefer those who have an actual basis for their views. A guy who spent time with Favre and knows him better than 99.9% of the GB/Favre fan base just holds more water to me, ya know? No offense, bro.
So then do you have to accept what Don Majkowski stated about Favre this week?And regarding Chumura trying to jump at the opportunties to rip Favre....did you think he declined to do all those interviews because he may have realized he went too far and came across like a bitter tool? Of course, Brett took the high ground and didn't attempt to counterpoint against Mark but I'm sure you ignored that.

He isn't seeking attention and all he has done is speak open and honestly about what has been going through his mind about retirement. Why as a non-Packer fan does his activities bother you so much?Also, please address how Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet you feel you don't.

If it is as private a decision as we're being lead to believe, why does he talk about it at all? Simply because a media type asks him about it? You mean to tell me he hasn't mastered the intracacies of dealing with reporters yet after 15+ years? And I'm not bothered as much as I'm disappointed in his actions, Flaw. He's coming off as not conflicted, but almost amused by the attention he can garner by coming out to say (for the 10th time), "I really don't know what I'm going to do. I wish I would know soon. By the way, what has the team done to get better?" A class individual doesn't do that, IMO. Seems like he's trying to force the hand of TT in how he's going to run the team.

So then do you have to accept what Don Majkowski stated about Favre this week?And regarding Chumura trying to jump at the opportunties to rip Favre....did you think he declined to do all those interviews because he may have realized he went too far and came across like a bitter tool? Of course, Brett took the high ground and didn't attempt to counterpoint against Mark but I'm sure you ignored that.
I heard it and took into account Majik's relationship with Favre -- was it 1 season they were in GB together? That obviously influences how much Majik knows about the man, wouldn't you agree? But, yes, it does have some validity to it. :lmao: at Favre taking the high road. You do know that at his latest press conference the media was instructed not to ask His Highness about Chmura's comments, right?

Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw.  I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread."  It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told.  Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud.....   :shrug:
The reason we defend him is because people like you have no clue what he is about. One example is when you call him an "8th grade drama queen". Anyone that has followed his career or NFL insiders know this is not anywhere close to describing Favre.

It is funny that you write about lacking objectivity because........

Follow along here, Flaw -- Favre is acting like a drama queen in the midst of this retirement soap opera, that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about his career as a whole, but most recently his daliance with the media and the attention he's seeking by making it a point to voluntarily talk about the subject (even though he's got nothing new to say about it) whenever a microphone is within a few feet of his mouth.

Pretty simple concept, no? :yes:
He isn't seeking attention and all he has done is speak open and honestly about what has been going through his mind about retirement. Why as a non-Packer fan does his activities bother you so much?

Also, please address how Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet you feel you don't.

If it is as private a decision as we're being lead to believe, why does he talk about it at all? Simply because a media type asks him about it? You mean to tell me he hasn't mastered the intracacies of dealing with reporters yet after 15+ years?

And I'm not bothered as much as I'm disappointed in his actions, Flaw. He's coming off as not conflicted, but almost amused by the attention he can garner by coming out to say (for the 10th time), "I really don't know what I'm going to do. I wish I would know soon. By the way, what has the team done to get better?" A class individual doesn't do that, IMO. Seems like he's trying to force the hand of TT in how he's going to run the team.
What he has mastered is being open and honest with the media and coming across as a class act. It's amazing how that bothers people.

I heard it and took into account Majik's relationship with Favre -- was it 1 season they were in GB together? That obviously influences how much Majik knows about the man, wouldn't you agree? But, yes, it does have some validity to it. :lmao: at Favre taking the high road. You do know that at his latest press conference the media was instructed not to ask His Highness about Chmura's comments, right?
Are you really this clueless? So instead of taking the opportunity to respond to Chumura's remarks, Favre chooses to not take questions about it and that bothers you? Favre could have responded in several media outlets about Chumura but he didn't. This is just another example of how no matter what Favre does, it will bother someone like yourself.Let me guess, you already have your rants written for when Favre makes his announcement. 1. If he chooses to continue to play you will rip him in some way and 2. If he chooses to retire, you will rip him in some way.

Did you say you were objective? :rolleyes:

Also, please address how Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet you feel you don't do.
Fixored! :D
What a surprise. :rolleyes:
What, that you messed it up Bubba? No, that wasn't a surprise...to anyone :lmao:
Wow...I'm dealing with a mental midget. I didn't mess up what I wrote. Your Favre hating blinders have affected your reading comprehension(if you ever had any).I asked why he thinks Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet he feels he doesn't lack in objectivity. Do you understand the meaning of that? Doesn't lack in objectivity means he is being objective.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

I'm officially done in dealing with you two clowns on Favre.

Maybe he is pissed -- they used to good friends, no? What's interesting here is that the media was all over Chewy after he made those comments. Many outlets wanted him to be a guest and talk more about it. He declined all of them. He said his piece and that was it. If he really had an ax to grind (and wanted to capitalize on the spotlight), he should've and would've jumped at those opportunities. He didn't, though.

As far as opinions go, I prefer those who have an actual basis for their views. A guy who spent time with Favre and knows him better than 99.9% of the GB/Favre fan base just holds more water to me, ya know? No offense, bro.
A guy who spent time with him how long ago? Is talking about current issues he has as little a clue about as the rest of us?You chose to believe those whose ideas fall in line with your preconceived notions about Favre...nothing more.

If it is as private a decision as we're being lead to believe, why does he talk about it at all? Simply because a media type asks him about it? You mean to tell me he hasn't mastered the intracacies of dealing with reporters yet after 15+ years?

And I'm not bothered as much as I'm disappointed in his actions, Flaw. He's coming off as not conflicted, but almost amused by the attention he can garner by coming out to say (for the 10th time), "I really don't know what I'm going to do. I wish I would know soon. By the way, what has the team done to get better?" A class individual doesn't do that, IMO. Seems like he's trying to force the hand of TT in how he's going to run the team.
He has always talked about things when asked. It is his personality...why should he change now?He was amused by how many people showed up for a routine press conference that he holds every year at his charity tournament.

Maybe he is pissed -- they used to good friends, no?  What's interesting here is that the media was all over Chewy after he made those comments.  Many outlets wanted him to be a guest and talk more about it.  He declined all of them.  He said his piece and that was it.  If he really had an ax to grind (and wanted to capitalize on the spotlight), he should've and would've jumped at those opportunities.  He didn't, though.

As far as opinions go, I prefer those who have an actual basis for their views.  A guy who spent time with Favre and knows him better than 99.9% of the GB/Favre fan base just holds more water to me, ya know?  No offense, bro.
A guy who spent time with him how long ago? Is talking about current issues he has as little a clue about as the rest of us?You chose to believe those whose ideas fall in line with your preconceived notions about Favre...nothing more.
So what are you saying? Experience knowing someone has an absolute and finite shelf life? And don't discount the fact that Majik's words hold some sway here as well. It's not all negative.

If it is as private a decision as we're being lead to believe, why does he talk about it at all?  Simply because a media type asks him about it?  You mean to tell me he hasn't mastered the intracacies of dealing with reporters yet after 15+ years? 

And I'm not bothered as much as I'm disappointed in his actions, Flaw.  He's coming off as not conflicted, but almost amused by the attention he can garner by coming out to say (for the 10th time), "I really don't know what I'm going to do.  I wish I would know soon.  By the way, what has the team done to get better?"  A class individual doesn't do that, IMO.  Seems like he's trying to force the hand of TT in how he's going to run the team.
He has always talked about things when asked. It is his personality...why should he change now?He was amused by how many people showed up for a routine press conference that he holds every year at his charity tournament.
Was he also amazed that someone from his camp leaked a "big scoop" was supposed to be a part of that press conference?

Maybe he is pissed -- they used to good friends, no?  What's interesting here is that the media was all over Chewy after he made those comments.  Many outlets wanted him to be a guest and talk more about it.  He declined all of them.  He said his piece and that was it.  If he really had an ax to grind (and wanted to capitalize on the spotlight), he should've and would've jumped at those opportunities.  He didn't, though.

As far as opinions go, I prefer those who have an actual basis for their views.  A guy who spent time with Favre and knows him better than 99.9% of the GB/Favre fan base just holds more water to me, ya know?  No offense, bro.
So what are you saying? Experience knowing someone has an absolute and finite shelf life? And don't discount the fact that Majik's words hold some sway here as well. It's not all negative.
Who is to say Majik has not been in contact with Favre? In fact he has been around at Green Bay games.I am saying you believe Chmura is dead on...because he agrees with the opinions you already have about Favre.

Im saying Chmura's relationship with Favre that long ago makes him in no way qualified to really know what is going on with Favre right this minute.

If it is as private a decision as we're being lead to believe, why does he talk about it at all?  Simply because a media type asks him about it?  You mean to tell me he hasn't mastered the intracacies of dealing with reporters yet after 15+ years? 

And I'm not bothered as much as I'm disappointed in his actions, Flaw.  He's coming off as not conflicted, but almost amused by the attention he can garner by coming out to say (for the 10th time), "I really don't know what I'm going to do.  I wish I would know soon.  By the way, what has the team done to get better?"  A class individual doesn't do that, IMO.  Seems like he's trying to force the hand of TT in how he's going to run the team.
Was he also amazed that someone from his camp leaked a "big scoop" was supposed to be a part of that press conference?
From all accounts...yes...he was.

What he has mastered is being open and honest with the media and coming across as a class act. It's amazing how that bothers people.
I think you mean to say he's mastered manipulating the media, Flaw. Big difference there from being open and honest, IMO.

Are you really this clueless? So instead of taking the opportunity to respond to Chumura's remarks, Favre chooses to not take questions about it and that bothers you? Favre could have responded in several media outlets about Chumura but he didn't. This is just another example of how no matter what Favre does, it will bother someone like yourself.

Let me guess, you already have your rants written for when Favre makes his announcement. 1. If he chooses to continue to play you will rip him in some way and 2. If he chooses to retire, you will rip him in some way.

Did you say you were objective? :rolleyes:
If he's open and honest as you claim he is, why not respond? See, this is what I'm getting at when I say he's savvy when it comes to manipulating the media.As for what I'll do once His Highness finally makes up his mind on the retirement issue, the answer is nothing. I just hope that, if he does come back, he doesn't embarrass himself as some athletes do as their career comes to a close. He's too good a guy for that.

Who is to say Majik has not been in contact with Favre? In fact he has been around at Green Bay games.I am saying you believe Chmura is dead on...because he agrees with the opinions you already have about Favre.

Im saying Chmura's relationship with Favre that long ago makes him in no way qualified to really know what is going on with Favre right this minute.
Actually, I believe that a portion of what Chewy said had some factual basis, but I did not, ever, say that his comments were the end all, be all opinion on the subject. I merely said that I would lend more credence to someone who has actual experience with the man over a fanatic's POV. Nothing more, nothing less...

:link: ?

Also, please address how Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet you feel you don't do.
Fixored! :D
What a surprise. :rolleyes:
What, that you messed it up Bubba? No, that wasn't a surprise...to anyone :lmao:
Wow...I'm dealing with a mental midget. I didn't mess up what I wrote. Your Favre hating blinders have affected your reading comprehension(if you ever had any).I asked why he thinks Favre supporters "lack objectivity" yet he feels he doesn't lack in objectivity. Do you understand the meaning of that? Doesn't lack in objectivity means he is being objective.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

I'm officially done in dealing with you two clowns on Favre.
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you Bubba? :crazy:

I do wish he would make his decision and I'm frustrated he hasn't. However, I also am willing to cut him some slack in what he must be going through to make this decision.
The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that.
This is another one of your pathetic statements trying to diminish what Favre accomplished as a Packer. Yes Reggie played a key role, so did Desmond, so did Favre, so did Rison, so did Holmgren, so did Chumura, so did every other player and coach. That team also went to the Super Bowl the following year and was one of the winningest teams during those many years. I suppose his 3 MVPs don't mean anything in your view too?
Who's trying to diminish it? I merely said that credit for the Superbowl win should not be heaped solely on Favre's shoulders, as often happens by fans of the man and the team.Question, though -- did you vociferously defend Reggie when he came out with all of those gay bashing comments back then? Or was that a different circumstance for you?
Much the way the recent losses "should not be heaped solely on Favre's shoulders, as often happens by [non-fans] of the man and the team?"

I do wish he would make his decision and I'm frustrated he hasn't. However, I also am willing to cut him some slack in what he must be going through to make this decision.
The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that.
This is another one of your pathetic statements trying to diminish what Favre accomplished as a Packer. Yes Reggie played a key role, so did Desmond, so did Favre, so did Rison, so did Holmgren, so did Chumura, so did every other player and coach. That team also went to the Super Bowl the following year and was one of the winningest teams during those many years. I suppose his 3 MVPs don't mean anything in your view too?
Who's trying to diminish it? I merely said that credit for the Superbowl win should not be heaped solely on Favre's shoulders, as often happens by fans of the man and the team.Question, though -- did you vociferously defend Reggie when he came out with all of those gay bashing comments back then? Or was that a different circumstance for you?
Much the way the recent losses "should not be heaped solely on Favre's shoulders, as often happens by [non-fans] of the man and the team?"
Exactly. Give the man the accolades or boos based on his performance on the field. If he throws desperation passes in the hopes of completing them that kill GB's chances at winning, say that. If he makes plays to win a game, laud him. Just be evenhanded. That's all.

Sorry sho nuff, but I have a very, very hard time buying that Favre was surprised. :no: Considering that a "scoop" was leaked to the press by a personal assistant in Favre camp and then the fact that there would be a "scoop" became widely publicized before hand, not just on a local level, but on a national level, I'd put the chances of Favre being "surprised" by the media turn out and subsequent questions...at about 0.0001%.

I am with Grid I think:

I would like to see him traded and GB get something for him. I am not confident they can win this year under any scenario, so time to rebuild.

The real question is how many systems are similar enough that need a QB?

Although SEA and PHI are similar, they have no clear need.

TB? I cannot see GB letting him go the NFC competitor, not the GB will be any real competition with TB for the next 3 years...

Once again you prove you know nothing of the Packers or Favre.Favre slowly severed the relationship with Chumura soon after Favre completed his rehab in 1996. He did not want to participate in the party lifestyle Chumura was living. It was very difficult to find anyone in Wisconsin let alone Chumura's teammates supporting Chumura after that night at the post prom party.

Considering what Chumura brought on himself many people feel what he stated about Favre is jealousy and sour grapes. Does that ring a bell to you?

Don Majkowski was on ESPN radio today supporting Favre and stating that Favre didn't play bad last year considering all the injuries that took place on that team.

He knows Favre too.
No one really knows these guys, Flaw, including those fans obsessed with defending Favre from any and all criticisms. That's why I :lmao: at those people who struggle to separate reality from fantasy when speaking about them. No offense to you intended, of course. :thumbup: As for Majik, because he agrees with you his point is valid? What if he said something similar to Chmura, though? Then he's just jealous, a hater, and sour grapes? :loco:
:lmao:

I agree with DW except I would like to see that POS Thompson just do one thing to prove to Brett he wants to try and win a Super Bowl. Can they make one significant signing at least.
Who exactly was out there that would've changed the face of the teamso drastically, Crip? Favre wanted a "Reggie White" type signing. Was there a RW available anywhere? And Favre, as the marquee name for the franchise, with his maybe-I-will, maybe-I-won't BS, how can TT sell any potential FA on the fact they can come to Green Bay and play with a legend with that going on? Favre has turned into an 8th grade drama queen. It's sad, pathetic, and above all else, clueless on his part. He's hurting the team, whether he or the rest of the sychophants who believe the sun rises and sets in his pants care to admit it.....
I love these sychophant posts. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread