What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brice Butler (1 Viewer)

ROYALWITCHEESE

Footballguy
Is it time we start to discuss him as a factor in the Oakland passing game? Looks to have made a serious move up the depth chart. IMO they have nothing special ahead of him. Didn't do much in college, but is talented. Kind of a Michael Cox of WRs. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is talking about Brice Butler yet?

They should be. He is getting the targets now, but more important he's making the most of his opportunities. That TD grab he had this weekend was special. I know it was against a LB, but he seemed to find another gear on the way to the end zone.

They should be. He is getting the targets now, but more important he's making the most of his opportunities. That TD grab he had this weekend was special. I know it was against a LB, but he seemed to find another gear on the way to the end zone.
Best WR on the team.

Butler, Holmes and Jones make for a nice starting three, actually might promise better things for Carr than any one of the three. I did see Butler live a couple year ago and thought he showed a lot of promise, good to see him getting the time and targets.

Raiders finally decided to throw the ball downfield. Took four pathetic offensive performances and a coaching change but they finally unleashed Carr's reins a bit. We'll see if it becomes a trend or if it was something they saw in SD's defense.

If they commit to this new approach, suddenly Raider WRs become relevant. All three starters have promise. Jones has the highest floor but a lower ceiling than the other two. Holmes and Butler are similarly tall and fast, though I think Butler is better at catching the football and has a little more meat on his bones. Holmes is the starter right now, however, so there is that not so insignificant detail.

Carr throws a nice deep ball, but I can see meltdown games coming this year too, as he takes his rookie licks. Lots of potential here for some waiver value, but probably a weekly minefield at the same time.

Raider defense is going to be a work in progress at best, and Raider GM McKenzie's plan was to mix in some over the hill vets with his young talented LB crew. It's getting gassed in the fourth quarter. This will lead to some shootouts.

Anyway, like said above. There are three WR's to watch in this situation: Jones, Holmes, and Butler. The difference between this year's Raider WR flavor of the week and other years, is that now the Raiders have a gamechanger QB with a rocket rifle arm that can make all the throws. Raiders just need to protect him. If they repeat the performance they had against the Charger defensive front, Carr will pick apart most defenses. He's that good. Pressure him and then all bets off. Point is, he can make those waiver wire Raider WR's worth the investment in picking up. Brice included.

Butler was coming on when he got hurt vs the Saints. He had a sweet long catch which may have been Weeden's only long completion all year. It would not surprise me if he is one more change as starter that the Cowboys make coming out of the bye as Street has been so ineffective.

Users who are viewing this thread