What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BTTF 2018: MLB123746 (1 Viewer)

scoobus said:
Probably more valuable to still just use him as a starter for 15 starts or so.
You could ... Smith averaged less than 5 IP an outing, though. In WIS terms, he'd start throwing BP after about 75 pitches.

Has anyone played a 2B out of position at SS in this thing? Both Odor and Gordon will be in my starting lineup, but they both can't play 2B and I don't have a legit SS with Profar having to play 3B. Stupid Gallo not playing any 3B really put a kink in my plans.

Has anyone played a 2B out of position at SS in this thing? Both Odor and Gordon will be in my starting lineup, but they both can't play 2B and I don't have a legit SS with Profar having to play 3B. Stupid Gallo not playing any 3B really put a kink in my plans.
IIRC the glove grades carry over but the range will be a D-

@Doug B @Koya

I have a similar issue at 1B where I have Canha and Desmond who I don’t think have played a ton of 1B. Chris Taylor is my 2Bman, he’s played more SS. Maybe we can trade. 

Depending on what the grades are, might be better to put Profar at SS and then one of Odor/Gordon at 3B.  Man has Odor turned his season around for you.

does anyone even remotely have enough pitching here?  I've got 4 guys, 3 awful, between 100-150 innings pitched and I am just not in the mood to piece together a stinky staff again and again.  I had so much death, SP & RP.  I have some extra hitters.  Make an offer, don't, I am not going crazy.

does anyone even remotely have enough pitching here?
A month ago, I was cruising with starting pitching, but then Trevor Bauer, Sean Manaea, and Marco Gonzales all went on IR. I'll have the innings, but will have probably eight guys starting at least some games. Meanwhile, I missed on about 2/3 of my RP picks, so that's an issue.

But I know that at least half our league is in worse shape than me.

Depending on what the grades are, might be better to put Profar at SS and then one of Odor/Gordon at 3B.  Man has Odor turned his season around for you.
One month later ... Odor's fielding % at 2B is .983. That will be an A+ glove in the sim. I'm thinking that at worst, Odor will be something like a C+/D+ 3B (range at 3B could be a little better than that, maybe).

does anyone even remotely have enough pitching here?  I've got 4 guys, 3 awful, between 100-150 innings pitched and I am just not in the mood to piece together a stinky staff again and again.  I had so much death, SP & RP.  I have some extra hitters.  Make an offer, don't, I am not going crazy.
Mine's pretty similar.

How do tandems work?  I have a 120 IP/38 GP Brad Keller and a 67 IP/20GP Drew Pomeranz. Can I frankenstein them into one SP?

Then I have:

126IP/22GP Lance McCullers

132.2 IP/28GP Matt Harvey

94 IP/18GP Aaron Sanchez

102 IP/19GP Marcus Stroman

65IP/13GP Brett Anderson

Basically every game I'm hoping for a five and dive performance and a strong showing from my bullpen, I guess. In theory there are 700 ####ty innings there but it's going to be awful.

Mine's pretty similar.

How do tandems work?  I have a 120 IP/38 GP Brad Keller and a 67 IP/20GP Drew Pomeranz. Can I frankenstein them into one SP?

Then I have:

94 IP/18GP Aaron Sanchez

65IP/13GP Brett Anderson

Basically every game I'm hoping for a five and dive performance and a strong showing from my bullpen, I guess. In theory there are 700 ####ty innings there but it's going to be awful.
really, why bother.....you can't win with that staff.

I have enough innings but I have three starters, four guys who I can start, and a lot of good 1 inning guys. I have two good SS though if someone needs one of those. 

I'll have Rosario and Segura, either I can trade

I have Polanco, Mallex Smith, and Nick Williams all I can move. 

I have Gsellman, Peacock, Knebal, Watson and Colome. 

Need RH OF bats and starting pitchers with QS.  I have SPs with innings like JZimm, Liriano, and Suter but I need a starter with 15+QS.  This won;t change so let me know if you're interested.  :bye:

Mine's pretty similar.

Then I have:

94 IP/18GP Aaron Sanchez

65IP/13GP Brett Anderson

You can do up to 4 sets of tandems. The biggest issue you'll have is that you can't set a pitch count lower than 40.

40 pitches * 41 games = 1600 pitches, which is 100-110 innings.  So you'd have guys getting worn out a bit too often to stick with the same 4 tandems all season. You'd had to rotate them in and out.

Then you run into issues where you can only carry 13 pitchers, so if you have 8 starters, you've only got 5 relievers. 

Keller is a good candidate for a tandem though given his low IP/G. Pomeranz probably isn't worth the effort.

So you could probably go

1 - Harvey

2 - Stroman

3 -McCullers

4- tandem Keller and Sanchez

Then every once in a while sub in Anderson for 1 of the top 3. The top 3 will only give you maybe 3-4 innings, but your bullpen gets a little rest on the Keller/Sanchez day. 

I wonder if WIS is smart enough to handle the "opener" model. 2018 WIS - where every team is the Tampa Bay Rays.
Min. 40 pitches for your starter, so, sadly, no. WIS is still in the 80s. 

On the other hand, if you can get a good enough bullpen, having your starters go 40-50 pitches might work out well in this format.

I'll be looking to trade a package of Willy Adames and Jake Bauers to acquire a CF.  Any CFs out there??  Well, assuming we can actually play this out in WIS.

Have quality SP innings to trade, ranging from spectacular to serviceable. Need SS, OF, 1B ABs

Blake Snell -  175+ IP, 1.90 ERA, .962 WHIP

Kyle Freeland - 202.1, 2.85, 1.245

Zack Wheeler -182.1, 3.31, 1.124

Chris Archer - 148.1, 4.31, 1.375

Tyler Anderson - 168.1, 4,76, 1.289

Jon Gray - 170.1+, 4.91, 1.321

Hyun-Jin Ryu - 82.1, 1.97, 1.008 (5.5 IP/9)

Felix Pena - 92.2, 4.18, 1.241 (4.85 IP/9)

Have quality SP innings to trade, ranging from spectacular to serviceable. Need SS, OF, 1B ABs

Blake Snell -  175+ IP, 1.90 ERA, .962 WHIP

Kyle Freeland - 202.1, 2.85, 1.245

Zack Wheeler -182.1, 3.31, 1.124

Chris Archer - 148.1, 4.31, 1.375

Tyler Anderson - 168.1, 4,76, 1.289

Jon Gray - 170.1+, 4.91, 1.321

Hyun-Jin Ryu - 82.1, 1.97, 1.008 (5.5 IP/9)

Felix Pena - 92.2, 4.18, 1.241 (4.85 IP/9)
kendrys or cron for SP?

FishTacoTuesday said:
How many innings do you need?
Like 1250 but if you have a bunch of 25 inning relievers and 60 inning starters you’re SOL.
162 games X 9 IPs is 1,458 IPs. With the 10% bump WIS gives you, that's down to 1,326 IP. With no accounting for extra-innings games or anything like that.

I'll trade Joey Wendle or Lorenzo Cain for the best SP someone offers.

Or Cain and an RP for an SP and a lesser OF back.

I can also trade Many Pina 337 PA of 252/307/395 for someone who needs half a catcher.

I'm hoping that WIS will actually add the MLB players next week. They were pretty good about doing it last year.

I've got tons of depth hitters to trade if anyone needs ABs. Nick Ahmed slugged .411 and can be someone's full-time shortstop. (Ignore that .290 OBP... doesn't matter!) Wilmer Difo and Neil Walker also got almost 400 PAs each and can play multiple positions.

Probably some mediocre RPs available to trade as well. All I really need/want is competent catchers and upgrades for my existing guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping that WIS will actually add the MLB players next week. They were pretty good about doing it last year.
Based on their speed adding the 2018 NBA players, that seems..... unlikely.
Haven't done anything on WIS since our last WIS season ... but does the baseball stuff for them maybe get a little more attention than the other sports? Seems like baseball is their bread-and-butter, with everything else being considered a sideline.

Haven't done anything on WIS since our last WIS season ... but does the baseball stuff for them maybe get a little more attention than the other sports? Seems like baseball is their bread-and-butter, with everything else being considered a sideline.
If they added these players before the end of the playoffs I’d be surprised, still waiting on NBA players.

I'm probably set now.

C- Gary Sanchez

1B - Kendrys Morales

2B - Ozzie Albies

SS - Gleyber Torres

3B - Miguel Andujar

LF - Khris Davis

CF - Adam Jones

RF - Brian Anderson

B - A.J. Ellis

B - Jake Bauers

B - Orlando Arcia

B - Hunter Renfroe

B - Miguel Rojas

SP1 - Carlos Carrasco

SP2 - German Marquez

SP3 - Jose Berrios

SP4 - Gio Gonzalez

SP5 - Tyson Ross

CL - Blake Treinen

SU - Jose LeClerc

SU - Drew Steckenrider

SU - Jonny Venters

SU - Jake Diekman

SU - Brandon Morrow

LR - Frankie Montas

OTHERS

OF - Roman Quinn

C - Caleb Joseph

P - Jacob Barnes

P - Addison Reed

P - Eric Skoglund

P - Jarlin Garcia

P - Jordan Montgomery

Hoping to get some of them on roster via AAA.  Can trade any of them plus a member of the 25 man roster for an upgrade if anyone sees a fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread