What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/ Sell High Week 6 - Offers you sent/rec'd - Discussion (4 Viewers)

I think the earliest Luck comes back is Week 5. So if you make a move for Hilton, you still have to go 2 more weeks without Luck.
And given it's Week 5, I would give it a couple of weeks for Luck to get back into the groove.  

Hilton is a good buy low, assuming you're buying at about 60-70 cents to the dollar.  If the Hilton owner is 0-2 and desperate, you might be able to go cheaper than that.

Hilton is one of those guys whose owner bought in the first or second round and would still be unlikely to part with for cheap because of the price they paid for him. If I were a Luck owner I'd be trying to get something for him. I think he'll be out a couple of more weeks and by then with zero victories they wont have any need to rush him back.
I won't be shocked if Luck sat out the entire year.  If IND is 0-5, why rush your franchise player back to the field?

He's been OK without Luck thus far.  4-49 and 3-57 -

If you can get him for a WR3 type WR I'd go for it.  I'd guess Luck is back Week 6.  Encouraging he was on the sideline last week.  Guessing he practices soon then 2-3 weeks plays.
I'd be all for buying low on him, just not sure if the Hilton owner will sell, unless they are desperate. Worth a shot though.

Gottabesweet said:
I'm in a short bench league and have the 4th claim, I'm hoping I can swing a 2 for 1 deal today so I can claim him.

He was dropped last Wednesday.
Pretty sure if a player is on waivers he can only be claimed thru the waiver process.  In any serious league anyway.  
Pretty sure he means that he's trying to swing a 2 for 1 deal to free up a roster spot so he can claim him in the waiver process without cutting someone. It's better to trade someone than just drop him...in serious leagues.

I know it's a sell low but in the only league I have Howard I'm trying to package him with a WR to upgrade some where else. My RB depth is ridiculous in that league and I do not like Howard ROS.

Pretty sure he means that he's trying to swing a 2 for 1 deal to free up a roster spot so he can claim him in the waiver process without cutting someone. It's better to trade someone than just drop him...in serious leagues.
Yes trying to swing a 2 for 1 trade today, free up the roster spot and grab someone of equal James White ish value off waivers overnight..

I know it's a sell low but in the only league I have Howard I'm trying to package him with a WR to upgrade some where else. My RB depth is ridiculous in that league and I do not like Howard ROS.
Selling low rarely works....it's the people who buy low that win championships.

Selling high on Gurley if I can. Yes things look way better but he plays a bunch of tough defenses and things don't look THAT better

Hilton is one of those guys whose owner bought in the first or second round and would still be unlikely to part with for cheap because of the price they paid for him. If I were a Luck owner I'd be trying to get something for him. I think he'll be out a couple of more weeks and by then with zero victories they wont have any need to rush him back.
Don't be so sure.  Hilton owner in my local league has had him on the bench both weeks.  Wouldn't be surprised if he cashed out since he isn't even comfortable playing him.

Any thougts on Doug Baldwin for dynasty? Is he a good buy low or are you scared of decline (turns 29 in two days) or the seattle offense in general?

Any thougts on Doug Baldwin for dynasty? Is he a good buy low or are you scared of decline (turns 29 in two days) or the seattle offense in general?

Not sure about the Dynasty angle but generally he starts slow and then starts eating in the middle/end of season. So in general I think he's a great buy low 

Buy low: Jimmy Graham, AJ Green, Baldwin, Eli, Cousins, Jordan Howard

Sell High: Wentz, James White, Chris Thompson 

WRs don't decline at 29 - although it's starting to trend in the direction that their trade values does.
Yeah that's my main concern that I'm going to be forced to keep him over a younger option instead. Then again, this is why he's available in the first place and there are worse outcomes.

You don't totally know that.  Martin could easily share with Jacquizz and Sims and that backfield becomes a cluster...ck.

That said, I would still buy low and take that chance.
Koetter is being coy. As a Bucs fan, I can say that I would be shocked if Dougie doesn't get the lions share of the carries when he gets back.

Trying to sell AA in a package to land him as I type. Need to free up roster space so I'm even looking to overpay a little in a 2 for 1.

Selling high on Gurley if I can. Yes things look way better but he plays a bunch of tough defenses and things don't look THAT better
Confused by the bolded. Which is it?

Things look way better for the Rams O. 5TDs this year vs 0 TDs last year through 2 games. Much better playmakers and creative play calling. Goff looks confident, albeit not perfect, in learning the new offensive scheme. I'd be buying low on Gurley/Watkins while people are still thinking this is the Fisher offense of last year. Think they will take off in the back half of the year when they are more comfortable with the new O.

And Gurley's sched doesn't look all that bad. Small sample size and akk, but potential tough defenses like Seattle, Houston, Arizona, Jax, Tenn, Philly and Dallas have all averaged over 20 pts to RBS over the first two weeks. 

I think Jimmy Graham makes for a good buy low. I've seen him cut in some leagues. He's a little banged up, but still easily has top-5 upside. 

He's been mentioned a couple times already, but I'd be very interested in Cooks right now. He probably just had the worst game he's going to have, and he's been extremely unlucky so far. He could easily have 3 TD's right now. You'd like to see more targets though.

I'm not sure how low you could get them, but 2 guys I think are elite players, who might be slightly undervalued are Matt Ryan and Amari Cooper. I think they've both been pretty unlucky so far with how the TDs have shaken out for their teams.

Everything depends on your bench. (plus scoring, like PPR etc) If you are absolutely loaded at RB then why not?

I assume you have another "starting" WR also right.?

Just keep in mind Mixon is slowly moving towards taking over. Thats pretty much what everyone seems to think. (and I figured this would be a slow process, even before the preseason)  I never like giving up potential solid starting RB1s. Sure, Mixon isn't there yet, but in 4-5 weeks, this could be completely different for Mixon.

TZM
At 2.6 yards per carry, I think 4-5 weeks seems pretty optimistic. 

I'm someone who drafted Luck and has used Palmer through two weeks. I feel like I'm really playing with fire right now, thinking about targeting Cousins as a good bye low candidate. Thoughts? 

I was actually thinking James White as a buy low (or at cost) because of how many targets he is going to see moving forward. If people want to move him I may buy. 

Confused by the bolded. Which is it?

Things look way better for the Rams O. 5TDs this year vs 0 TDs last year through 2 games. Much better playmakers and creative play calling. Goff looks confident, albeit not perfect, in learning the new offensive scheme. I'd be buying low on Gurley/Watkins while people are still thinking this is the Fisher offense of last year. Think they will take off in the back half of the year when they are more comfortable with the new O.

And Gurley's sched doesn't look all that bad. Small sample size and akk, but potential tough defenses like Seattle, Houston, Arizona, Jax, Tenn, Philly and Dallas have all averaged over 20 pts to RBS over the first two weeks. 
Week 1 they looked like world beaters but then we found out they were playing the Colts. Week 2 they regressed back to the middle of the pack against a marginal team. They don't get to play the Colts every week. 

TheFanatic said:
Week 1 they looked like world beaters but then we found out they were playing the Colts. Week 2 they regressed back to the middle of the pack against a marginal team. They don't get to play the Colts every week. 
Middle of the pack is a massive upgrade.

I won't be shocked if Luck sat out the entire year.  If IND is 0-5, why rush your franchise player back to the field?
Because you're a coach who's about to get fired and won't be around to reap the rewards of Luck next year if you don't win some games asap?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish someone in my league would try to buy Eifert low. I'd give him away for Gio / Shepard bye week filler type stuff. Took him in the 7th with Bennett, Ertz, Rudolph, & Walker still available.

Because you're a coach who's about to get fired and won't be around to reap the rewards of Luck next year if you don't win some games asap?
Whether or not Luck plays isn't Pagano's call. If they're languishing mid-season why would they rush the franchise back with a bum shoulder? They could be looking at the #1 pick in the draft.

As I mentioned in the Abdullah topic, I think now is the time to sell on AA. 

His usage gives the perception of a high-volume back, which gives the perception of great value. But watching closely, he's unlikely to get more receptions with Riddick in the mix, and he's used primarily between the 20s. And as we saw last night, he seems to lack the breakaway speed in the open field to outrun a defense.

Plus, he reportedly tweaked his ankle little bit last night, and he's not the biggest or most durable running back. So I do have questions as to whether he can maintain 17+ carries a game and stay on the field. 

That all combined, in my humble opinion, leads me to believe he is a perfect sell high candidate where his perceived value exceeds his actual value. 

Yeah this. Plus my issue is that who would I trade Gurley for at this point? I'd need another RB to take his spot...nobody is trading a Gordon/Freeman/Hunt type of player for Gurley. So I'm probably stuck hoping that he maintains his value with his newfound PPR skills 

People always say this, but Luck has a say. If he says no I am healthy I want to play then he can file a grievance. What is worse alienating your franchise player, or playing him, when healthy and risking an injury when your season is over?

People always say this, but Luck has a say. If he says no I am healthy I want to play then he can file a grievance. What is worse alienating your franchise player, or playing him, when healthy and risking an injury when your season is over?
You think Luck is watching that same ####ty OL play and thinking "man, if the season is over I can't wait to get back and get killed again!"?

You think Luck is watching that same ####ty OL play and thinking "man, if the season is over I can't wait to get back and get killed again!"?
What you just described is Kenny Britt. You clearly haven't played sports much and don't know what drives great players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish someone in my league would try to buy Eifert low. I'd give him away for Gio / Shepard bye week filler type stuff. Took him in the 7th with Bennett, Ertz, Rudolph, & Walker still available.
Ugh.  You passed on Ertz for Eifert.

I was actually thinking James White as a buy low (or at cost) because of how many targets he is going to see moving forward. If people want to move him I may buy. 
Like this call a lot. I am going to try and acquire him in ppr leagues. 

You really think these guys think that way? No they don't they have massive egos and think they can fix or overcome anything.

Like this call a lot. I am going to try and acquire him in ppr leagues. 
Why is he seeing increased targets going forward?  Hogan serious injury?  Amendola will be back,  Gronk likely back.

He's RB24 ROS for me in my league but that's just 4-43-0 a week and 7-30 rushing - I guess it's a safe floor 11ppr points.

As I mentioned in the Abdullah topic, I think now is the time to sell on AA. 

His usage gives the perception of a high-volume back, which gives the perception of great value. But watching closely, he's unlikely to get more receptions with Riddick in the mix, and he's used primarily between the 20s. And as we saw last night, he seems to lack the breakaway speed in the open field to outrun a defense.

Plus, he reportedly tweaked his ankle little bit last night, and he's not the biggest or most durable running back. So I do have questions as to whether he can maintain 17+ carries a game and stay on the field. 

That all combined, in my humble opinion, leads me to believe he is a perfect sell high candidate where his perceived value exceeds his actual value. 
This part just isn't true. He never missed a game in college, then played all 16 games his 1st year in the league, then got hurt last year. He really has only had 1 big injury that caused him to miss time.

This part just isn't true. He never missed a game in college, then played all 16 games his 1st year in the league, then got hurt last year. He really has only had 1 big injury that caused him to miss time.
The missed time part is true, but as a guy who owned him 2 seasons I recall he got banged up pretty good. He didn't miss time but he did get banged up.

i'm not saying he's injury prone, just that he's not the biggest dude and workload would concern me were I an Abdullah owner. I think it's a fair observation. 

Users who are viewing this thread