What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/ Sell High Week 6 - Offers you sent/rec'd - Discussion (3 Viewers)

As I mentioned in the Abdullah topic, I think now is the time to sell on AA. 

His usage gives the perception of a high-volume back, which gives the perception of great value. But watching closely, he's unlikely to get more receptions with Riddick in the mix, and he's used primarily between the 20s. And as we saw last night, he seems to lack the breakaway speed in the open field to outrun a defense.

Plus, he reportedly tweaked his ankle little bit last night, and he's not the biggest or most durable running back. So I do have questions as to whether he can maintain 17+ carries a game and stay on the field. 

That all combined, in my humble opinion, leads me to believe he is a perfect sell high candidate where his perceived value exceeds his actual value. 
I doubt a "big" game from him is going to change anything.  He's 2 down RB in a passing offense who doesn't get goal line or receiving looks.  There is no upside there and everyone knows it.  I'd roster guys like Jamaal Williams or D'Onta  Foreman before Abdullah.  

I doubt a "big" game from him is going to change anything.  He's 2 down RB in a passing offense who doesn't get goal line or receiving looks.  There is no upside there and everyone knows it.  I'd roster guys like Jamaal Williams or D'Onta  Foreman before Abdullah.  
I agree, unless Riddick gets hurt, which would obviously increase AA's value due to receptions.

I'm suggesting now is a good time to sell high because he's now seen 17+ carries 2 games in a row & Washington got banged up.

the workload and maybe some guessing that he'll see some RZ usage may elevate his value.  

Anyway, I own no shares of AA this year - missed him by 2 picks as my RB4.

It just seemed to me he'd be a good sell high candidate. Anyone is welcome to agree or disagree. They're all just opinions. 

:yes:  

I'd say Cincy players are bound to be Buy Lows. Likely owners are desperate to dump them. However Lazor coming in at OC could change emphasis.

I'd say Cincy players are bound to be Buy Lows. Likely owners are desperate to dump them. However Lazor coming in at OC could change emphasis.
I think they will turn it around. Probably better to target the guy 0-2 guy. I'm 2-0 with AJ and he is a definite hold for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm someone who drafted Luck and has used Palmer through two weeks. I feel like I'm really playing with fire right now, thinking about targeting Cousins as a good bye low candidate. Thoughts? 
Love the idea, Cousins always seems to start slow.

As if Chuck has any say in the matter of when Luck plays.  He is a lame duck coach right now.
Everyone above him is on the hot seat as well. You think the GM is looking to lock up some job security by going 0-16 in his first year?  

The only one not trying to save their own job is the owner and its not like he's Jerry Jones meddling with this stuff. Plus his own pocketbook is affected by whether or not there are butts in the seats and there are a lot more people willing to pay to watch Luck than Brisset. 

It's kind of bizarre to me that people think nfl executives are playing a Madden franchise. These guys don't bench their starters at the end of the year to get a better draft pick and they don't give up after 5 weeks to make sure the guys that succeeds them when they get fired has more to work with. 

Seahawks generally have horrible September's. I know they have a horrible o-line...But they could be a good buy low.
I agree on Wilson, and Baldwin. I think Graham is done as an te1. I hope I am wrong, I bought into him quite a bit this year. 

I won't be shocked if Luck sat out the entire year.  If IND is 0-5, why rush your franchise player back to the field?
If they thought like this why didn't they shut hm down last year, get the surgery done in December and be healthy by now? He'll why doesn't every team out of contention sit their best players? Ridiculous.

You think Luck is watching that same ####ty OL play and thinking "man, if the season is over I can't wait to get back and get killed again!"?
All time great quarterbacks don't relish the thought of sitting on the bench for an entire year.  That narrative is ridiculous and absurd 

I agree on Wilson, and Baldwin. I think Graham is done as an te1. I hope I am wrong, I bought into him quite a bit this year. 
Nah.  The entire offense has sucked both games.  He was a top 3 te just last year.  He's not gonna drop out of the top 12.  But yeah these first games have been brutal

I think they set the record for punts in a game last game.  Horrible

Nah.  The entire offense has sucked both games.  He was a top 3 te just last year.  He's not gonna drop out of the top 12.  But yeah these first games have been brutal
True, but last year was a wasteland for tight ends. Reed, Gronk, Eifer all hyrt. Olsen disappeared. I think this year's tight end class will be solid goimg forward Ertz, Doyle moving up. I think Grahams days as a tight end 1 are over. 

True, but last year was a wasteland for tight ends. Reed, Gronk, Eifer all hyrt. Olsen disappeared. I think this year's tight end class will be solid goimg forward Ertz, Doyle moving up. 
It's weird the league I have Graham in Doyle and ebron are on ww.  I may get bailed here if he's really done.  I am trying to decide if it's worth burning my 8 spot for one of these guys but I think at least one will be there in the morning.  I will be happy with either.  I will be starting them over Graham until he shows some life.

As an AJ Green owner in one league I'm a hold until I see the new OC. He's a guy who can get hot in a hurry and carry a team. It helps that I'm 2-0 and points leader even with his slow start of course, but I wouldn't sell low regardless. 

But I could definitely see targeting him as a buy-low. I don't see Dalton coming off people's FA list for a while though. 

I agree with all of this. The Seahawks found their run game which will keep defensss on their toes a bit more and slow down opposing pass rushes.

i like the upside of both Wilson & Baldwin, and seeing as they're benched in my leagues (in one by me) owners are likely down on them. 

Baldwin goes as Wilson goes. Niners game was hardly a shootout. Against better teams Seahawks will have to throw more. between Wilson's mobility & running a less predictable offense, I see improvements on the horizon. 

Kind of feel like Hyde is a good sell high. He's bound to get injured and though he's running really well I can't imagine many TD opportunities.

Hilton is one of those guys whose owner bought in the first or second round and would still be unlikely to part with for cheap because of the price they paid for him. If I were a Luck owner I'd be trying to get something for him. I think he'll be out a couple of more weeks and by then with zero victories they wont have any need to rush him back.
TY owner offered me him for Hyde. I declined.

Lmao at Graham, cousins, and cooks continually mentioned in this thread who I have all on one team. No wonder I'm 0-2.

After careful consideration and detailed statistical analysis performed by Ernst & Young my fool proof strategy is that I am buying everyone who is underperforming their ADP and selling everyone who is overperforming their ADP.

After careful consideration and detailed statistical analysis performed by Ernst & Young my fool proof strategy is that I am buying everyone who is underperforming their ADP and selling everyone who is overperforming their ADP.
Brilliant! 

:doh:  

12 team with 4 bench spots. I'm still holding Mixon until I see him with the new OC.  Waivers has Derrick Henry, Buck Allen and Luck/Wentz on it.  

You'd drop Mixon, Watkins or James White in a PPR short bench for Henry?

QRWTFFKD

4 bench. 

I have no issue dropping Mixon or White either one.

True, you have perilously short benches, but the other side of that comes into play too. Think about it.

Henry can be a league winner.  I sincerely doubt White will be that, or even Mixon. 

I guess my point is, since the benches are so short, you have to remember you can always find serviceable talent on the wire. Its not just you having tough decisions, its the entire league.

But one thing is for sure, you can't always find a league winner on the wire.

DeMarco Murray is having "hamstring issues" , and it seems to have carried over from the preseason. Those type injuries can linger, and even if you discount that, look at Murrays numbers through 2 weeks.

Henry is an easy add, and even if Murray returns, in a week or two, if Henry goes bonkers in the next week or so, we could be looking at a changing of the guard.

NOTE:  Murray will likely always be a part of their game plan. But if his health issues persist, then Henry simply won't go away. Henry is the perfect flier, not only can he be a league winner, he ALSO has at least some immediate value. (In your short bench league, his current value might not be as significant as other more standard leagues)

At this point, we don't even know if Murray will play this week, or if he does he may be extremely limited.

TZM

I have no issue dropping Mixon or White either one.

True, you have perilously short benches, but the other side of that comes into play too. Think about it.

Henry can be a league winner.  I sincerely doubt White will be that, or even Mixon. 

I guess my point is, since the benches are so short, you have to remember you can always find serviceable talent on the wire. Its not just you having tough decisions, its the entire league.

But one thing is for sure, you can't always find a league winner on the wire.

DeMarco Murray is having "hamstring issues" , and it seems to have carried over from the preseason. Those type injuries can linger, and even if you discount that, look at Murrays numbers through 2 weeks.

Henry is an easy add, and even if Murray returns, in a week or two, if Henry goes bonkers in the next week or so, we could be looking at a changing of the guard.

NOTE:  Murray will likely always be a part of their game plan. But if his health issues persist, then Henry simply won't go away. Henry is the perfect flier, not only can he be a league winner, he ALSO has at least some immediate value. (In your short bench league, his current value might not be as significant as other more standard leagues)

At this point, we don't even know if Murray will play this week, or if he does he may be extremely limited.

TZM
Makes sense. I worry about Henry's lack of catches or if he just becomes Tevin Coleman this year.  I'd lean dropping Mixon as Whites floor seems safe 4-43. 

Kind of feel like Hyde is a good sell high. He's bound to get injured and though he's running really well I can't imagine many TD opportunities.
That's what the people buying think though. I've always been a big fan but he's risky and the team is awful.  You need another couple of big games.

You'd drop Mixon, Watkins or James White in a PPR short bench for Henry?

QRWTFFKD

4 bench. 
I've never been a Watkins fan, so dropping him for Henry would be an easy choice for me.  Though I can surely see the argument for dropping White instead.  As always would depend on the rest of your roster.

I've never been a Watkins fan, so dropping him for Henry would be an easy choice for me.  Though I can surely see the argument for dropping White instead.  As always would depend on the rest of your roster.
I have the 4th claim. I'd guess 40% chance at getting him. I put my Texans DST as my claim. If I get Henry it allows me 4 more days to try and work a 2 for 1 upgrade to pick up a D.  Fingers crossed. 

Lmao at Graham, cousins, and cooks continually mentioned in this thread who I have all on one team. No wonder I'm 0-2.
Graham- not buying. There has ever been anything to ever show that the Seahawks know how to use Graham. Unless they cut him or trade him then I am not buying. 

Cousins- not buying. I expected a decline in his numbers. I have him in a couple of leagues and was trying to move him without looking like I was moving him (not successful). The biggest and most obvious problem is that he lost a whole lot of weapons and did not replace them. Reed has me worried with his foot injury and I continue to get more worried. I like Pryor but he can't carry the offense on his shoulders, he just is not that polished as a WR. 

Cooks- Buying at discount. The Pats are running out of options. Edelmen- gone. Amendola- concussion and huge history of injury. Gronk- apparently not serious but banged up already and has been the last few years. Then Cooks? All that talent? Brady has to use him. I can't see it not happening. 

Cousins- not buying. I expected a decline in his numbers. I have him in a couple of leagues and was trying to move him without looking like I was moving him (not successful). The biggest and most obvious problem is that he lost a whole lot of weapons and did not replace them. Reed has me worried with his foot injury and I continue to get more worried. I like Pryor but he can't carry the offense on his shoulders, he just is not that polished as a WR. 
Agreed. Plus AZ and DEN weeks 15 and 16.  I'll pass.

Just tested my theory and sold Hyde & Maclin to a RB desperate team for Evans!
Wow....this trade illustrates the problem with buy low/sell high discussion generally - it tends to assume that you play in a league of idiots who only look at box scores, don't pay any real attention to what is going on and exist just to facilitate helping your team get better. This type of thing works in those leagues I guess.

I just SOLD Lev Bell ? felt pressured bleeding points at WR3 and TE

Bell for Zeke Martavis Bryant and Bennett  

Before                  After 

QB Brady.            Brady 

RB Bell.                Zeke

RB Lynch.            Lynch 

WR. DThomas.    DThomas 

WR.  Ginn.           Bryant 

WR.  Hogan.       Hogan.  

TE.  Eifert.           Bennett

Flex. Doug/Quizz.  Doug/Quizz

I just SOLD Lev Bell ? felt pressured bleeding points at WR3 and TE

Bell for Zeke Martavis Bryant and Bennett  

Before                  After 

QB Brady.            Brady 

RB Bell.                Zeke

RB Lynch.            Lynch 

WR. DThomas.    DThomas 

WR.  Ginn.           Bryant 

WR.  Hogan.       Hogan.  

TE.  Eifert.           Bennett

Flex. Doug/Quizz.  Doug/Quizz
Nice trade, I'm surprised someone values Bell that much higher that Zeke.

That suspension might not fully go away this year. There is even a chance (remote) that it starts this week but even if he doesn't NFL is trying to have it expedited and the chances of that happening are very good. Zeke is too risky IMO as the center part of this trade for you.

If I have Zeke, and I do in one league I would trade him in a heartbeat for Bell even if I had to throw in some parts.

Also, that play where he quit this week after the interception is very concerning to me. It would be easy to dismiss it but that really was a punk move and showed that he has a real bad attitude. That kind of thing is not lost on his teammates and he is starting to look more and more like a ticking timebomb to me. I don't think he is long for this league. He is going to get in trouble again.

got Henry with my fourth waiver claim. Dropped Houston DST. Now without D. I have 4 days to pull a 2 for 1 buy low.  The torture.  Teams very rarely trade. 

What would you target?

my roster  12 team PPR  

Rivers, Zeke, OBJ, Cooper, Tate, Ertz, K

bench.  Watkins, D Henry, Mixon, Fitzgerald 

need to send two guys out.  

got Henry with my fourth waiver claim. Dropped Houston DST. Now without D. I have 4 days to pull a 2 for 1 buy low.  The torture.  Teams very rarely trade. 

What would you target?

my roster  12 team PPR  

Rivers, Zeke, OBJ, Cooper, Tate, Ertz, K

bench.  Watkins, D Henry, Mixon, Fitzgerald 

need to send two guys out.  
Watkins and Mixon for some paper towels. 

Watkins and Mixon for some paper towels. 
Only if they have that lumberjack on them!

I'm trying Fitzgerald/Mixon for Diggs/Steelers - Thoughts?

However first I'm trying Watkins/Mixon for Diggs/Steelers

If he wants to keep the Steelers I may even let him.  I'd do Watkins/Mixon for Diggs.

Edit to add - apparently Watkins thinks the earth is flat.  Even more reason to try to trade him.

Bennett is waiver wire fodder.  Martavis is good but if that guy had WR depth it's a move I make all day.  Bell is going to outscore Zeke by a healthy margin this year.  

Users who are viewing this thread