What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Call Your Shot (1 Viewer)

Thomas Jones has a big day against the Pats:

140 yards, 2 TDs.
You MUST BE a T.J. owner, because there is no way in hell that happens.If it does, I'll come back for a big helping of crow.
Nope. Sitting out fantasy football this year entirely.I think the Jets will have success running at a Seymour-less line. But that Jet secondary is going to give up a ton of points.
I know this is a thread hijack, but why are you sitting out? Did you need a break, and if so, why are you still posting on a fantasy football message board? After missing the drafts you'd normally participate in...do you regret it?

Travis Henry explodes for 200 and 2 TD's and everyone who passed on him weeps.
Just a quick FYI on this here. (I felt like doing some research)Henry did drop 135 on the Bills at Buffalo last year with Tennessee. Only one player has reached 200 yards rushing at Buffalo in the last 5 years. It was Ricky Williams - in the snow. (228 yds)Buffalo has allowed 13 100-yd rushing games from a RB in the last 5 years. That's 2.6 per season or 32% chance of it happening on any given road game at Buffalo.

Drew Brees will outscore Manning, and New Orleans wins.

Chester Taylor doubles Peterson's carries, and goes for over 100 yards and a score

Jake Delhomme is the #1 fantasy QB after week 1.

Giants defense with 1-2 picks and 3 sacks.

Kitna goes 250yds 3TDs

Deion Branch 2TDs 100 yds.

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Workhorse said:
RAIDERNATION said:
Workhorse said:
Thomas Jones has a big day against the Pats:

140 yards, 2 TDs.
You MUST BE a T.J. owner, because there is no way in hell that happens.If it does, I'll come back for a big helping of crow.
Nope. Sitting out fantasy football this year entirely.I think the Jets will have success running at a Seymour-less line. But that Jet secondary is going to give up a ton of points.
I know this is a thread hijack, but why are you sitting out? Did you need a break, and if so, why are you still posting on a fantasy football message board? After missing the drafts you'd normally participate in...do you regret it?
Few reasons:Needed a break after 10+ years.

My decade long money league just dissolved and I moved 1000 miles away. Didn't really try very hard to find a new league.

I still enjoy following player performance as it relates to fantasy, so I'm still here. Just not playing this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that this is exactly going out on a limb but Bush and Peterson both rip off a huge run in Week 1 and Bush has a HUGE game vs that vaunted Colts D. :loco:

LJ is a total fizzle in his first game, as that offensive guru Edwards rushes him all of 10 times or less and the rest of the team sucks badly.

PS no way Owens scores because I own him and will desperately need the pts as I play vs LT. Oh yeah, LT blows up vs an overrated CHI D.

Matt Schaub passes for over 250 yards and 3 TDs in Week 1.
where do I sign up!Lamont Jordan leads the NFL in rushing after this weekend's game.James Jones leads GB in receptions and yards this weekend.Portis gets hurt...

Lee Evans puts up 127 yds rec & 2 TDs on Bailey.

I have Evans benched in favor of Jennings so this will surely happen. :yes:

One call - Patrick Crayton has 100 yds and a TD on Sunday night against the Giants
Devery Henderson is the top fantasy WR in Thursday's game.
GRRRR....... you guys are killing me! I have one WR spot left, and I have to decide between those two and Braylon.I'll throw a dart. :(
B.Edwards, don't over-think it
Why is it over-thinking? Braylon is probably the best talent of the three, yes.But he also has the worst QB of the three (by far) and is playing the toughest defense of the three (by far). :yes:
You just over-thought it...

1. Everybody on my bench blows up, and everybody I start does nothing.

2. AD=15/70/1 Rush + 4/30/0 Rec but walks off the field limping late in the 3rd quarter. :mellow:

Mike Sellers

1 carry, 1 yard, 1 TD

1 reception, 1 yard, 1 TD

Former University of Miami players reign supreme in week 1:

Top RB after week 1 = Gore

Top WR after week 1 = S. Moss or Wayne

Top TE after week 1 = Winslow

Oh I agree with pizzatyme, Manning eats NO D alive.
Looking good so far. :wub:

Brandon Jacobs will make people regret passing on him. Anyone that has seen him over the last few years has seen how explosive he can look (reminiscent of Larry Johnson when he took over for Priest in 05-just runs through people). I am a Giant homer so my judgement may be skewed but I believe that he will definitely outperform his draft position this year. Plus, NY papers report that he ran a 40 in the 4.4 range. With his size that's scary.

BTW I had a shot at him at 3.12 and 4.1 and reluctantly passed him up for Holt/Fitzgerald (I already had Henry/Maroney). I'll prob. regret it but I felt it was the right move.

Guesstimate tonight 125 rush 1 TD/ 4 rec 46 yds rec

Peterson has a lock on the starting Vikes RB job by the end of the game today. Taylor won't touch the ball inside the 10...again...and he touches the ball less than 30% in Week 2. Even with a 50-50 split today Peterson will get the opportunity to do the heavy lifting and put away any scoring drives.

Peterson 100 total yards and a pair of TD.

Im gonna say Lee Evans has a big day today. Evans may be the most unheralded great player in the NFL, and if Champ Bailey is left alone on an island throughout the game with Evans, he will get burnt at least a couple of times. Losman and Evans already have an incredible chemistry, imo, leaving ANYONE 1 on 1 with that guy is just crazy. And Buffalo is absolutely winning that game.

Im gonna say Lee Evans has a big day today. Evans may be the most unheralded great player in the NFL, and if Champ Bailey is left alone on an island throughout the game with Evans, he will get burnt at least a couple of times. Losman and Evans already have an incredible chemistry, imo, leaving ANYONE 1 on 1 with that guy is just crazy. And Buffalo is absolutely winning that game.
Evans will have to make a play(s) with YAC IMO. Bailey does not challenge WRs at the LOS. At least not ones he knows will beat him deep. He will be playing an 8+ yd cushion any time he is man up on Evans. I guess he could beat Bailey with a double move, he is very susceptible to them with his aggressiveness, but we'll have to see how the Oline plays 1st.

Evans will have to make a play(s) with YAC IMO. Bailey does not challenge WRs at the LOS. At least not ones he knows will beat him deep. He will be playing an 8+ yd cushion any time he is man up on Evans. I guess he could beat Bailey with a double move, he is very susceptible to them with his aggressiveness, but we'll have to see how the Oline plays 1st.
I would agree, and I would say Evans has the speed and skill to beat a corner either way. And if Champ isnt on him all day, and they move Evans around and he ends up with Dre Bly on him, even with safety help, Evans is killing that matchup. No matter the situation though, I like Evans today...especially if the field is wet and corners have to try and match his moves on a wet field. Denver doesnt have the one of the league's better pass rushes. I see Losman getting enough time to get something done.

Users who are viewing this thread