What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin (GTD?) (1 Viewer)

steelerfan1

Footballguy
thought there would be something. no practice this week. what are owners doing since 1 pm game. think it would effect whether you start Stafford as well against jets.

I wouldnt be worried until they announce him inactive, theres always times that doesnt practice for an entire week and still plays well. Just have a decent option just incase.

middle of last year he was active and only had 3-40 or something as he gimped around the field... a few weeks later he put 329 yards up... the missed practice time is a concern but hopefully he is more than a decoy this week

middle of last year he was active and only had 3-40 or something as he gimped around the field... a few weeks later he put 329 yards up... the missed practice time is a concern but hopefully he is more than a decoy this week
You have to start him if he plays..I would be sick to my stomach if he blew up on my bench

Good news I guess but remember a thanksgiving day game when he did the same thing and gimped around for a half and had a bad day. I know...never ever bench Calvin..ever

Great news

You have to start him if he plays..I would be sick to my stomach if he blew up on my bench
Definitely. There are some guys that, if they suit up, you just HAVE to start them. At least I do. Calvin is one of them. At least it's a 1:00 PM game, so for most of us no real issue with subbing in the (hopefully unlikely) even he doesn't go

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here we are again. What are you other owners doing this week if he rolls out there? Personaly looking at Ruben or Robinson from jax.

If he plays start him. Think about it this way. He played last week even though he was hurt. He's rested all week. What are the odds that he is worse? What are the odds that he's better? If he practiced today I am definitely playing the guy.

Well, here we are again. What are you other owners doing this week if he rolls out there? Personaly looking at Ruben or Robinson from jax.
I think that, if he starts, I start him. And hope for the best, since I'm facing the #1 team who has nobody on bye.

At least it's another 1:00 game.

I'm starting Brian Quick instead just to be safe. I'm still projected to win, and I don't want to risk another 2-catch performance...

Thats when he goes off for 200. Always play your studs. Dont overthink it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting Brian Quick instead just to be safe. I'm still projected to win, and I don't want to risk another 2-catch performance...
Smart move, but I hope you're not referring to espn site projections...craziest numbers ever.

If he plays start him. Think about it this way. He played last week even though he was hurt. He's rested all week. What are the odds that he is worse? What are the odds that he's better? If he practiced today I am definitely playing the guy.
That's a pretty rudimentary line of thought. My eyes saw what they saw last week and what Calvin was doing does not constitute "playing". He couldn't cut and push off AT ALL.

Like the other poster, I'm benching for Quick unless I see him in pre-game warmups running anything resembling a route. Then I might rethink it.

I'm fortunate enough to have Golden Tate waiting in the wings should Calvin be an early-game scratch, but it would be nice for my studs to start acting like studs (hear that, Shady?).

All the Det papers saying he's playing etc. He always has that one game he goes nuts when he's questionable. If McKelvin or Graham is on him he'll have a nice day even on one leg

All the Det papers saying he's playing etc. He always has that one game he goes nuts when he's questionable. If McKelvin or Graham is on him he'll have a nice day even on one leg
I think he's going to have to do it on my bench this year. Over the years I've had players that would perform below expectations for weeks, and if leave them in expecting a break out. Then, when I finally bench them, they go off. With Eddie lacy this year, I decided to bench him early. I missed out on this week's game, but for two weeks I got better production than if I would have started him.I'm going to take the same approach with Calvin. Hopefully this is the only week he'll be on my bench...

I think he's going to have to do it on my bench this year. Over the years I've had players that would perform below expectations for weeks, and if leave them in expecting a break out. Then, when I finally bench them, they go off. With Eddie lacy this year, I decided to bench him early. I missed out on this week's game, but for two weeks I got better production than if I would have started him.I'm going to take the same approach with Calvin. Hopefully this is the only week he'll be on my bench...
I like Calvin's mojo this week he told the players on the team that he is playing this week, no way you can sit him this will be one of his classic blow up games for 200 yards and 2 td's, you only get a few of those games a year from him, you drafted him for those games.

I like Calvin's mojo this week he told the players on the team that he is playing this week, no way you can sit him this will be one of his classic blow up games for 200 yards and 2 td's, you only get a few of those games a year from him, you drafted him for those games.
I'm starting him but I'm sure not expecting 200/2, I'll take 80 or 90 yards with 1 TD.

Is the Buffalo defense that weak? I hope so, because my opponent this week just picked them up...

Users who are viewing this thread