What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carolina at Arizona (1 Viewer)

How do you not feel bad for Cam Newton. He has put the ball on his receivers hands time after time and they drop ball after ball.

Maddening!

I see Ellington has 3 carries, same as Mendenhall. Did something happen with Mendy, or just rotating in?

Palmer is the best in the league at throwing red zone interceptions. Feels like he has one or two every week.

Yes, Smith is being shadowed tightly by PP. On Carolina's first drive that led to their first FG, Smith dropped a wide open 5yd slant TD on the goalline.

I've barely seen the Panthers this year, but I don't understand how the QB run game isn't more a part of the Panthers plan. That's what gives Newton a chance to be special, not being a pure drop back passer.

I've barely seen the Panthers this year, but I don't understand how the QB run game isn't more a part of the Panthers plan. That's what gives Newton a chance to be special, not being a pure drop back passer.
Reminds me of mcnabb, but earlier in cam's career

Good question. He should have nothing to "Superman" about after throwing 3 INTS, losing a fumble, and taking 7 sacks.

This new version of "in-the-pocket-Cam" is an average to below average fantasy QB. Frustrating.

Forcing Cam to stay in the pocket is a MORTAL sin. Move the guy around, allow him to run. He had an awful go of it in the second half but it is hard to put the blame solely on him.

Countless drops in the first half hurt the Panthers, as did atrocious line play in the second half.

TS Garp said:
Does Palmer look as bad as the stats indicate? Or is the line not giving him any time? Or both?
Bit of both.

Even when he has time he's not been good. Cards are going nowhere with him at QB. He's an improvement over what they've had the past 2 seasons. (Though probably minimal improvement over Hoyer -- who came off the street late last year with the Cards)

TS Garp said:
Does Palmer look as bad as the stats indicate? Or is the line not giving him any time? Or both?
Bit of both.

Even when he has time he's not been good. Cards are going nowhere with him at QB. He's an improvement over what they've had the past 2 seasons. (Though probably minimal improvement over Hoyer -- who came off the street late last year with the Cards)
I'd agree with this.

IMO Arians's veritical offense and the NFC West is a match made in hell. Carson can't move, the O-line is bad. Unreal effort by the D today to somehow pull this out.

Users who are viewing this thread