What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carson Palmer Traded to Oakland (1 Viewer)

I think Palmer thinks more of Palmer than anyone else does except the genius in oakland who pulled the trigger on this one. Congrats, Bengals -- HUGE deal for them! For Palmer, maybe top 15 potential? Top 20? Bueller ... Bueller ...

'Apple Jack said:
'BustedKnuckles said:
As a Raiders fan im ok with the choice of QB ...but the price was too steep...maybe 1 first round pick(a second round pick would have been more in line) but TWO first round picks ???? :shock:
It's one first round pick, with the conditions of the second not made public yet. I imagine he'd have to be pretty successful in order for that to be bumped up to a first rounder, in which case, it would obviously be worthwhile to the Raiders. I'm in agreement with those who say draft picks can be wildly overvalued. It's a gamble, just like anything else. Obviously, they feel they need a QB and don't like who would be falling to where they'd end up, and most importantly, this is somebody they can plug in now with a team they feel is competitive and they believe can give them results. How many mid to late first round QBs end up producing like Palmer in the NFL? Clearly, it's very important to the Raiders organization that they pull all stops this season. I respect the aggressiveness.
Tuesday report by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, Brown had been talking with the Oakland Raiders about a trade that would send Palmer to the Raiders for a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013. If the Raiders make the playoffs in 2011, the Bengals will get a first-rounder in 2013; it will be a second-round pick if they don't.The deal makes Oakland's 2012 draft very interesting — not only did they give up their 2012 third-rounder when they selected Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor(notes) in the 2011 supplemental draft, but they will also have traded away their first-round, second-round, fourth-round, and seventh-round picks for 2012 in various other deals. The second-rounder left in a draft weekend trade with the New England Patriots, the fourth-rounder was for Jason Campbell(notes), and the seventh-rounder was for former Seattle Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry(notes). Add in the third-rounder sacrificed for Pryor, and the Raiders might as well go fishing next April.Of course, that's not entirely true -- they'll get compensatory picks for losing veterans like Nnamdi Asomugha(notes), Zach Miller, and Robert Gallery(notes) -- but it's obvious that the 4-2 Raiders, who are currently in second place behind the San Diego Chargers in the AFC West, are going all out to win in a 2011 season that has been marked by the loss of Al Davis.http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner
Will the Raiders get compensatory picks? I'm no expert, but I thought that picks were only doled out when you lost a restricted free agent.

'Apple Jack said:
'BustedKnuckles said:
As a Raiders fan im ok with the choice of QB ...but the price was too steep...maybe 1 first round pick(a second round pick would have been more in line) but TWO first round picks ???? :shock:
It's one first round pick, with the conditions of the second not made public yet. I imagine he'd have to be pretty successful in order for that to be bumped up to a first rounder, in which case, it would obviously be worthwhile to the Raiders. I'm in agreement with those who say draft picks can be wildly overvalued. It's a gamble, just like anything else. Obviously, they feel they need a QB and don't like who would be falling to where they'd end up, and most importantly, this is somebody they can plug in now with a team they feel is competitive and they believe can give them results. How many mid to late first round QBs end up producing like Palmer in the NFL? Clearly, it's very important to the Raiders organization that they pull all stops this season. I respect the aggressiveness.
Tuesday report by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, Brown had been talking with the Oakland Raiders about a trade that would send Palmer to the Raiders for a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional first-round pick in 2013. If the Raiders make the playoffs in 2011, the Bengals will get a first-rounder in 2013; it will be a second-round pick if they don't.The deal makes Oakland's 2012 draft very interesting — not only did they give up their 2012 third-rounder when they selected Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor(notes) in the 2011 supplemental draft, but they will also have traded away their first-round, second-round, fourth-round, and seventh-round picks for 2012 in various other deals. The second-rounder left in a draft weekend trade with the New England Patriots, the fourth-rounder was for Jason Campbell(notes), and the seventh-rounder was for former Seattle Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry(notes). Add in the third-rounder sacrificed for Pryor, and the Raiders might as well go fishing next April.Of course, that's not entirely true -- they'll get compensatory picks for losing veterans like Nnamdi Asomugha(notes), Zach Miller, and Robert Gallery(notes) -- but it's obvious that the 4-2 Raiders, who are currently in second place behind the San Diego Chargers in the AFC West, are going all out to win in a 2011 season that has been marked by the loss of Al Davis.http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner
Will the Raiders get compensatory picks? I'm no expert, but I thought that picks were only doled out when you lost a restricted free agent.
RFAs net you teams' picks. Compensatory picks come from UFA signings, depend also on who else each team signs, and are "created" picks in that they're tacked on to the end of the round, and didn't previously belong to someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Apple Jack said:
'BustedKnuckles said:
Compensatory picks are only for unrestricted free agents (restricted FA picks work differently, the pick is immediate and comes from the team that signed the player, comp picks are additional picks and not taken from any team and they come the following year not immediately). The best you can get is a pick at the end of the 3rd round. I'd expect the Raiders get a 3rd for Nnamdi and 5th or 6th rounders for Gallery and Miller. (You can't trade comp. picks.)The Bengals should get a 3rd for losing Jonathan Joseph which will give them 2 1sts, a 2nd and 2 3rds next April. With nearly all of their own key players locked up long term and a ton of cap space to go along with the extra draft picks, there is legitimate reason to be hopeful as a Bengals fan.

'yellowdog said:
'VaTerp said:
'FavreCo said:
'5-ish Finkle said:
Did the Raiders also get a jar or marinara sauce in this deal? Cuz Palmer's spaghetti shoulder is going to be pretty bland without it.
Why don't we wait and see. I'll put up my 'Ochcosuckos suckage at route running' vs your 'Palmer's spaghetti shoulder'.
Chad's route running has NOTHING to do with the complete lack of arm strength Palmer has demonstrated since his elbow problems in 2008.Maybe the time off has magically rejuvenated his arm but there is no debate among those who have seen him play that Palmer has not had the same velocity or overall arm strength the last few years.
Watch
Definitely not a composite of the 2010 season. For starters, that home game against the Jets that was prominitely featured in that clip you provided was from the 2007 season.

'FavreCo said:
Boatload of 'lack of arm strength' guys are going to look foolish. 26 TD's last year with a noodle arm. :lmao:
Right- because TD passes is the absolute indicator of arm strength. Pennington was known as "noodle arm" and he threw 22 TDs in 12 starts once for the Jets. Nobody is saying Palmer cant have success in Oakland (In fact, I kinda hope he does). And if you want to look at stats look at Palmer's ypa. 7.5, 7.8, and 7.2 the three years prior to elbow problems. 5.7, 6.6, 6.8 since. Maybe his arm is improving but the last few seasons he has demonstrated that his arm clearly wasnt what it was before. Again, based on watching him play he didnt drive the ball, have the same velocity, or tightness in his throws that he had previously. IMO Oakland is paying a VERY steep price for a QB who is somewhat damaged goods.And speaking of looking foolish. I think that would be citing a video that includes highlights from 2007 and pre-elbow problems as evidence that Palmer's arm was fine in 2010 and blaming everything on a WR while calling him third grade names is quite foolish. But that's just me.
:goodposting:

Compensatory picks are only for unrestricted free agents (restricted FA picks work differently, the pick is immediate and comes from the team that signed the player, comp picks are additional picks and not taken from any team and they come the following year not immediately). The best you can get is a pick at the end of the 3rd round. I'd expect the Raiders get a 3rd for Nnamdi and 5th or 6th rounders for Gallery and Miller. (You can't trade comp. picks.)
Really? Joseph signed a 5 year, $48 mill deal. Miller signed a 5 year, $34 mill deal. Gallery signed a 3 year, deal, I cannot find the details. Nnamdi signed a 5 year, $60 mill deal. So the Bengals are going to get the same for Joseph as the Raiders get for Nnamdi, but Gallery and Miller, two of the bigger free agent signings, are only worth a 5th or 6th? I don't think so. Now, I know the formula for comp picks is a bit of a mystery, but I know per-year contract average plays a big part in it. I think there's a good chance that the Raiders get a 3rd for Nnamdi (I would almost guarantee it) and Joseph, Gallery, and Miller are worth 4th rounders.

'notdarkyet said:
At worst it's a first and a second. As a Bengals fan, I am ecstatic. Hell hath frozen over and Mike Brown ended up making the right move and making out like a bandit.
I have not gone through the whole thread, so I am not sure whether this has been stated, but when Mike Brown chooses to trade someone, it is usually because he feels he will make out big time or that player is at the end of their rope. You look at some of the recent decisions with skilled players (not resigning Housh, moving Ocho, and now Palmer) and he only will move those players when he feels he has people in place that are as good or better. Even the trade of Dillon was orchestrated only after he knew he had a RB in Rudi...then Rudi is gone and he fades away, just like the rest.I am not saying this is the right way to do it (he did leave a 1st on the table when he did not move Ocho a few years back to the Skins, but it does show a pattern. Whem Mike Brown says, OK, lets trade", as a GM, you better watch out because you likely will get the short end of the deal.
hell even the trades he turned down woulda been huge wins, a first for ochostanko, also all whole draft+ for ricky. they did make a meal of trading down to get chris perry in lieu of sjax.

I think this is a good move for the Raiders - just in the context of this trade by itself. You could argue that the Raiders are just an experienced, proven QB away from putting them on par with the Chargers, Patriots and Ravens in terms of pure talent on offense in the AFC. If you start to consider the ramifications of the trade with regard to future draft picks, then I think you can say it's a risky move for the Raiders. But clearly, if they think they have an opportunity to win this year and next - I can't blame them for going for it.
Agreed

'ImTheScientist said:
lolRaiders, joke of a franchise, joke of the NFL.
Not for nothing bro, but your 'calls' haven't been that strong. Let's see, you predicted the signing of Gallery was going to devastate the running game (passed on McFadden in your fantasy draft? Nice!).You did predict that Tarvaris would start game 1, nice call there. But you spun it nicely, explaining it was all part of the Suck for Luck campaign. Ummmm, Whoopsie. I fell bad for a lot of people. Zach Miller, whose career has been put on hold as he plays right tackle for Seattle. Other Hawks fans on this board, that get lumped in with your nonsense. Lots of good Hawks fans post here, they don't need the extra hassle of apologizing for you.Leg Swept, buddy, Leg Swept.

Obviously the Bengals made out like bandits... But I'm curious, for those of you bashing the Raiders, what would you do? Say you're in the organization, your leader just passed away, you're fielding the best team you have in over 10 years, you're invested in the players you have now and you believe in them. What do you do? Just ride it out with Boller and watch your season go down the tubes? Clearly they overpaid for Palmer and in part, mortgaged their future, but they do have a realistic opportunity to win the AFC West and make the playoffs. Do you just throw in the towel and run DMC and Bush 50 times a game and continue to call fake punts to win games? I'm being sarcastic with the last statement, but seriously Boller is not the answer. They NEED a QB in the worst way now. They might be a little crazy, but I commend them for at least trying. There are no garauntees with 1st round picks, especially the ones the Raiders draft.

Obviously the Bengals made out like bandits... But I'm curious, for those of you bashing the Raiders, what would you do? Say you're in the organization, your leader just passed away, you're fielding the best team you have in over 10 years, you're invested in the players you have now and you believe in them. What do you do? Just ride it out with Boller and watch your season go down the tubes? Clearly they overpaid for Palmer and in part, mortgaged their future, but they do have a realistic opportunity to win the AFC West and make the playoffs. Do you just throw in the towel and run DMC and Bush 50 times a game and continue to call fake punts to win games? I'm being sarcastic with the last statement, but seriously Boller is not the answer. They NEED a QB in the worst way now. They might be a little crazy, but I commend them for at least trying. There are no garauntees with 1st round picks, especially the ones the Raiders draft.
All depends on Carson's health. I do like the aggressive move, and what it says to the rest of the players. But I have the same concerns others have about Carson. The arm, his confidence, whatever. I watched more Bengal games than any non-Bengal fan should be expected to watch, and he just didn't look right. Can't put my finger on it more than that, he just didn't look right. Gotta echo the sentiments here regarding Mike Brown. He's got a rookie QB not too many people were excited about, playing well, and got a great return on Palmer. Bengals haven't made too many bad moves lately.

I think this is a good move for the Raiders - just in the context of this trade by itself. You could argue that the Raiders are just an experienced, proven QB away from putting them on par with the Chargers, Patriots and Ravens in terms of pure talent on offense in the AFC.

If you start to consider the ramifications of the trade with regard to future draft picks, then I think you can say it's a risky move for the Raiders. But clearly, if they think they have an opportunity to win this year and next - I can't blame them for going for it.
Agreed
QB - Carson PalmerRB - Darren McFadden

WR - Jacoby Ford

WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE - Kevin Boss

Really? Aside from McFadden (and maybe Palmer), none of their other skill players would probably crack the lineup on most teams in the league.

'yellowdog said:
'VaTerp said:
'FavreCo said:
'5-ish Finkle said:
Did the Raiders also get a jar or marinara sauce in this deal? Cuz Palmer's spaghetti shoulder is going to be pretty bland without it.
Why don't we wait and see. I'll put up my 'Ochcosuckos suckage at route running' vs your 'Palmer's spaghetti shoulder'.
Chad's route running has NOTHING to do with the complete lack of arm strength Palmer has demonstrated since his elbow problems in 2008.Maybe the time off has magically rejuvenated his arm but there is no debate among those who have seen him play that Palmer has not had the same velocity or overall arm strength the last few years.
Watch
Thanks for the link.

Palmers arm looks good to me, one throw of 66 yards,good zip on short throws, not bad for someone with a noodle arm.

All depends on Carson's health. I do like the aggressive move, and what it says to the rest of the players. But I have the same concerns others have about Carson. The arm, his confidence, whatever. I watched more Bengal games than any non-Bengal fan should be expected to watch, and he just didn't look right. Can't put my finger on it more than that, he just didn't look right. Gotta echo the sentiments here regarding Mike Brown. He's got a rookie QB not too many people were excited about, playing well, and got a great return on Palmer. Bengals haven't made too many bad moves lately.
I agree with you and others about Palmer... But their hands are tied. He's really the only option.

'baconisgood said:
'McBokonon said:
'Apple Jack said:
It's one first round pick, with the conditions of the second not made public yet.
The second becomes a first if the Raiders win a playoff game, per Mort.
Please god, let the Raiders play Bengals in the first round.
My thoughts exactly.
As a Bengals fan I would sign up for this as it implies that we will make the playoffs.-QG

'steelwind said:
A 1st round pick what? Giving up a 1st rounder means Palmer is not a rental. What message are they sending to Jason Campbell now? They expect Palmer to be their QB in future years to come? Palmer may have a few years left but that's all you're gonna get from him. The Bengals win huge on this deal.
Jason Campbell isn't a franchise QB.

I agree with you and others about Palmer... But their hands are tied. He's really the only option.
Oh, I am not even against the signing of Palmer, I just think we have to wait and see what kind of condition he is in. I am nervous as to how much he has left, so I am just hoping Hue has a good bead on his physical condition. I don't have an opinion on this move, until we see Carson. One thing that I have realized over the last couple years: Fantasy players are terrible, just terrible, at evaluating QBs. Myself included. Dying to see how Carson adjusted his contract. We'll see how much he wanted to get back to football, and out of Cincy.

'ImTheScientist said:
Not for nothing bro, but your 'calls' haven't been that strong. Let's see, you predicted the signing of Gallery was going to devastate the running game (passed on McFadden in your fantasy draft? Nice!).You did predict that Tarvaris would start game 1, nice call there. But you spun it nicely, explaining it was all part of the Suck for Luck campaign. Ummmm, Whoopsie. I fell bad for a lot of people. Zach Miller, whose career has been put on hold as he plays right tackle for Seattle. Other Hawks fans on this board, that get lumped in with your nonsense. Lots of good Hawks fans post here, they don't need the extra hassle of apologizing for you.Leg Swept, buddy, Leg Swept.
Whoa...u mad bro? LOL...bunch of lies in your post, but I wouldn't expect you to be happy today.As for fantasy...Im 5-1 in the NFFC. LEG SWEPT!! Try playin with big boys instead of your lame ### local raider fanboy leagues. BODY BAGGED

'yellowdog said:
'VaTerp said:
'FavreCo said:
Watch
AGAIN! That video is NOT from the 2010 season as was incorrecly implied by the person who shared it. Many of the highlights are from 2007 prior to his elbow problems. I'm not sure which throw you are saying is 66 yards but many of his longest throws on the video are from 07'.

Doesnt mean Palmer cant be good in Oakland but can we please stop using FALSE information. TIA

'ImTheScientist said:
Whoa...u mad bro? LOL...bunch of lies in your post, but I wouldn't expect you to be happy today.As for fantasy...Im 5-1 in the NFFC. LEG SWEPT!! Try playin with big boys instead of your lame ### local raider fanboy leagues. BODY BAGGED
I couldn't care less about your fantasy team. And no lies there at all. All stuff you said. Apologies to the rest of the thread for engaging this......person.

'ImTheScientist said:
Not for nothing bro, but your 'calls' haven't been that strong. Let's see, you predicted the signing of Gallery was going to devastate the running game (passed on McFadden in your fantasy draft? Nice!).

You did predict that Tarvaris would start game 1, nice call there. But you spun it nicely, explaining it was all part of the Suck for Luck campaign. Ummmm, Whoopsie.

I fell bad for a lot of people. Zach Miller, whose career has been put on hold as he plays right tackle for Seattle. Other Hawks fans on this board, that get lumped in with your nonsense. Lots of good Hawks fans post here, they don't need the extra hassle of apologizing for you.

Leg Swept, buddy, Leg Swept.
Whoa...u mad bro? LOL...bunch of lies in your post, but I wouldn't expect you to be happy today.As for fantasy...Im 5-1 in the NFFC. LEG SWEPT!! Try playin with big boys instead of your lame ### local raider fanboy leagues.

BODY BAGGED
I couldn't care less about your fantasy team. And no lies there at all. All stuff you said.

Apologies to the rest of the thread for engaging this......person.
BUT HE'S 5-1 IN THE NFFC!!! :nerd:

If you end up giving 2 1st round picks for Carson Palmer, that means he's the starting QB there for the next 4 or 5 seasons, right?

'FavreCo said:
watch some film please. it's on page 3.
'VaTerp said:
Definitely not a composite of the 2010 season. For starters, that home game against the Jets that was prominitely featured in that clip you provided was from the 2007 season.
:lmao: @"watch some film, please." Oopsie!I've watched Palmer plenty. His arm strength was not what it once was in 2009 or 2010. You wanna argue he'll perform like a stud anyway? That's your prerogative. I completely disagree.

I'm not saying Palmer completely sucks nor am I saying that he has "lost ALL his arm stregnth" as suggested. What I am saying is that based on watching him play and the opinions of talent evaluators that his arm is not nearly the same as it was prior to his elbow problems and it shows on tape and in games.
Completely agree with this.

Jason Campbell--this guy gets no breaks.

I am assuming he'll be looking for a job next year, another new coach, another new offense. Poor guy.

'yellowdog said:
'VaTerp said:
Watch
First off all i know is the poster said video was from 2010. If some of the content is from 2007 how can you tell(just asking i can't tell)?As far as th 66 yard throw, Palmer let go of the ball on his own 24 yard line, ball was caught on the 20 yard line. which is 56 yards so my math was at fault. My bad.

For everyone saying this is a bad deal, what would you have given for Rich Gannon when the Raiders got him? How much did you think he was worth. Most felt he was another Raider retread and look at how that played out. I'm not saying Palmer will light the world on fire, but it is way too early to call this a bad deal.

This move has Hue Jax written all over it. Based on what was paid here, I'd bet that Palmer was going to be targeted by Hue this coming offseason unless Campbell played lights out, which he didn't to this point in the season. Hue was giving Campbell a fair shake and wanted him to succeed and develop and eliminate the need to ever pursue Palmer.

But Campbell proved once again to be nothing more than a game manager and with Oakland's promising 4-2 season about to implode, Hue went ahead a got his guy early. Based on everything else I've seen from Hue Jax so far, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one and hope that he knows something the rest of us don't about Carson Palmer's health and mindset.

I believe in Hue Jackson. If Al Davis was still around calling the shots, I'd be on suicide watch today. Instead, I'm cautiously optimistic about this move.

A 1st and a conditional 1st/2nd should buy a lot more than Carson Palmer.

The Bengals have potential this year, young playmakers on offense and are loaded up with future picks. They could finish with a losing record and still consider 2011 a "win" for them. Congrats, Cincinnati fans.

Jason Campbell--this guy gets no breaks. I am assuming he'll be looking for a job next year, another new coach, another new offense. Poor guy.
Please, not this again.
:confused: Hey, I am no Jason Campbell apologist, but the guy has really had awful luck.
He's been mediocre in every offense he's been in. He's just not very good. Few QB's have been afforded more chances than this stiff. The offenses he was in weren't the problem....

'yellowdog said:
Watch
Didnt mean to come off like I was singling you out. I just said again b/c of the ongoing, and overblown (guilty as charged) debate about his arm strength.It's just a lil annoying that some people get a little toolish in telling people to watch the film and using a highlight video to suggest that Palmer's arm is the same after his elbow problems and then low and behold, much of the video evidence they claim is from 2010 is from 2007 and NONE of it is from the 2010 season since it was uploaded in Jan of 2010.

And a quick look at the Bengals schedule shows that highlights against teams like the Rams (the 56 yard throw), the Cardinals, 49ers and others oare from the 2007 season since that's the last time they played them.

Oh, I am not even against the signing of Palmer, I just think we have to wait and see what kind of condition he is in. I am nervous as to how much he has left, so I am just hoping Hue has a good bead on his physical condition. I don't have an opinion on this move, until we see Carson. One thing that I have realized over the last couple years: Fantasy players are terrible, just terrible, at evaluating QBs. Myself included. Dying to see how Carson adjusted his contract. We'll see how much he wanted to get back to football, and out of Cincy.
I agree... This was Hue's deal, we'll have to just wait and see on Palmer. The Raiders screwed themselves by not developing a solid QB2 behind Campbell, which put them in desparation mode when he went down. Its not like they had Aaron Rodgers under center.

Jay Glazer "Mike Brown didnt expect a first rd pick. Hue convinced him" Mike Brown didnt expect a first round pick at all. Then Hue inquired about him. Mike Brown was being stubborn as well, but since he had such a good relationship with Hue from his time in Cincy it was able to work out. Hue convinced him to make the deal. All from the Dan Patrick radio show.
From another forum. Explains why this deal seems so lopsided. MB had ZERO intention of trading Palmer. And Hue had to majorly sweeten the pot to get it done. Say what you will about Palmer. Few here, including myself, have a high opinion of him. But one guy who clearly does is Hue Jackson.And please forgive me for having more faith in Hue's opinion than all of yours (and my own). Hue has been working wonders in Oakland developing talent since the day he arrived as OC. And now he's risking his reputation on Palmer. You think he would do this without analyzing Palmer's "noodle?"

Jason Campbell--this guy gets no breaks. I am assuming he'll be looking for a job next year, another new coach, another new offense. Poor guy.
Please, not this again.
:confused: Hey, I am no Jason Campbell apologist, but the guy has really had awful luck.
He's been mediocre in every offense he's been in. He's just not very good. Few QB's have been afforded more chances than this stiff. The offenses he was in weren't the problem....
Is that why all those Redskin offensive coordinators took off and reached new heights of success once they got out from under Jason Campbell?Campbell can also be not very good, and have bad luck. The two thoughts are not mutually exclusive. I was just observing that in the midst of a nice, stable season, Campbell gets another bad break. Campbell seems like a nice guy, and I think he had some bad luck. That's all I was saying. No more, no less. You seem to be thinking I am lamenting the Pro Bowl player Campbell would have become if not for the merry-go-round offenses he's been running. Not what I was saying. Go find someone else to assign an opinion to.

Jay Glazer "Mike Brown didnt expect a first rd pick. Hue convinced him"

Mike Brown didnt expect a first round pick at all.

Then Hue inquired about him. Mike Brown was being stubborn as well, but since he had such a good relationship with Hue from his time in Cincy it was able to work out. Hue convinced him to make the deal.

All from the Dan Patrick radio show.
From another forum. Explains why this deal seems so lopsided. MB had ZERO intention of trading Palmer. And Hue had to majorly sweeten the pot to get it done. Say what you will about Palmer. Few here, including myself, have a high opinion of him. But one guy who clearly does is Hue Jackson.And please forgive me for having more faith in Hue's opinion than all of yours (and my own). Hue has been working wonders in Oakland developing talent since the day he arrived as OC. And now he's risking his reputation on Palmer. You think he would do this without analyzing Palmer's "noodle?"
Well yeah but....didn't you read in this thread how many guys "study the tape"? FF lovers and NFL fans that DVR games and fast forward, slo-mo, rewind recordings of games. Surely they know as much or more than HueJack ever will about football players because they watch a lot of tape. :nerd:

'ImTheScientist said:
So being 5-1 in a fantasy league makes all of your predictions about players correct? :confused: Okay. I'm 6-0 in my own fantasy league, and I predict you'll add nothing of substance to this thread.

He cost many solid offensive coordinators their jobs. No need to feel bad for Jason Campbell.
Yup."Coach Killer"."Captain Checkdown"."Candle".This guy has gotten plenty of chances. And he's likely to get another, at some point. He's got the sympathy of the media behind him, that's for sure.

Wow, just wow. Carson Palmer 5 years ago maybe but really? First rounder and then another first or second rounder? WTF? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread