What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carson Palmer (1 Viewer)

I dropped him in one league... was promptly scooped off waivers by another manager who's a bit of a shark. Sort of regretting my move now.

I dropped him this week to make room for Torain.. His owner in my other league dropped him as well. I personally think he's done for the year, but even if he does come back, he's playing like absolute shyte.. not worth the roster spot.

He'll be IR'd soon. Surprised it hasn't happened yet.
The fact that it hasn't happened yet is the only reason I'm keeping him. Every single sign points to the Bengals IR'ing him if this was truly serious (aborted season, still a young talent, terrible team etc). I need to replace Rodgers on the bye this week and I'm still not dropping him (only because I have Chris Perry still...), will probably pick up Garcia against the 'Boys this weekend.

He'll be IR'd soon. Surprised it hasn't happened yet.
The fact that it hasn't happened yet is the only reason I'm keeping him. Every single sign points to the Bengals IR'ing him if this was truly serious (aborted season, still a young talent, terrible team etc). I need to replace Rodgers on the bye this week and I'm still not dropping him (only because I have Chris Perry still...), will probably pick up Garcia against the 'Boys this weekend.
that being said, now i'm reconsidering:* Jake Delhomme revealed recently that he's spoken to Carson Palmer about the Tommy John elbow surgery he underwent last offseason, leading to speculation that Palmer is thinking about going under the knife himself. Delhomme said that he advised Palmer "not to be afraid" of having the ligament in his elbow replaced because "the surgery works" and "was a very easy rehab."

For now Palmer is said to be weighing his options while multiple doctors look at his MRI results, but he's already been ruled out for Week 8 and nothing suggests that he's capable of returning any time soon. Ryan Fitzpatrick will once again get the nod in Palmer's place after starting three of the past four games, but his total inability to stretch the field severely hampers the Bengals' offense.

Fitzpatrick has averaged a pathetic 4.7 yards on 103 passes to rank dead last in the NFL among quarterbacks with at least 100 throws, trailing the next-worst guy (Derek Anderson) by nearly a yard per attempt. He's also taken 15 sacks in three starts, predictably going down seven times versus the blitzing Steelers. In other words, Palmer's elbow hurts Chad Ocho Cinco and T.J. Houshmandzadeh too.

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/northwe...ally.d6267.html

:rolleyes:

I don't know why he wouldn't want to call it a season unless he needs to collect a paycheck. I don't really know how the compensation parts work in NFL. If Bengals place him on IR I assume he doesn't get paid but if he's available as a back-up he get's his $$$. That being the case it may be more an issue of money than playing because seems like all the advice I've been reading including his own teammates is to call it for for the season...and the Bengals ain't going anywhere in the playoffs.

I don't know why he wouldn't want to call it a season unless he needs to collect a paycheck. I don't really know how the compensation parts work in NFL. If Bengals place him on IR I assume he doesn't get paid but if he's available as a back-up he get's his $$$. That being the case it may be more an issue of money than playing because seems like all the advice I've been reading including his own teammates is to call it for for the season...and the Bengals ain't going anywhere in the playoffs.
I'm fairly certain he still gets paid if placed on IR.

redraft drop him..... dynasty keep him and hope you have a ir spot for him. if no ir spot still keep him. bungals will some day... some year get there ofense going again. just not this year it looks like. even this year they will win a couple i bet with Fitz. He is improveing by the week.

Threads like this have been running weekly for the last couple of weeks. That's when I dropped him and I haven't looked back.

I threw him on IR. In my league players on IR do not count towards reserve totals. If he comes back great, if not, I'll drop him.

I was keeping him for what seemed like too long. It was hard to let go of him last week with him being my #1 drafted QB, but it needed to be done. If the Bengals were even close to a playoff spot, I can see him coming back, but not a chance. Now I think they should be looking at the draft...

But I agree, I was holding onto him too, but need the bench spot thanks to other BIG injuries on my team, Colston, Westbrook, Galloway, etc, plus byes, man is my team looking terrible.

Pyro boy

Dropped him in a start 2 qb league. We only have 4 bench positions. He hasn't been picked up for two weeks now.

Just dropped him today to activate Curtis. We'll see if he gets picked up, but already being labeled out for next week doesn't bode well for his future this year.

Users who are viewing this thread