What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CB Historical Metrics (1 Viewer)

Whitney26

Footballguy
After doing some work on the pass rush group, I thought it would be interesting to run some filters on CBs. I'd like to include some production metrics, but the data is too difficult to come by. Instead, I focused entirely on the physical characteristics. It's not finished, but I thought it provided some interesting insight.

I've broken it down into a few different categories. In the first table, the only filter I used was an agility metric. I listed the top 20 guys from 1999 to 2013. I listed the top 10 guys (to date) from the 2013 in the table below.

I did the same thing in the second group, but I used a speed metric. The third group are the overall scores.

The final group is the one I found the most interesting. Instead of one filter, I used two.....Twitch & Change of Direction. Some will argue there the same, but there are some minor differences. I listed the top 20 guys from 1999 to 2013.

Like I mentioned, it's an unfinished project. However, I feel comfortable saying that Trufant would be the #1 CB on my board.

Here is the data:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hftel63r2o_cTwezp4a4bazC8ZWBon3RzMi05g-mJ1s/pub

I'd love to hear any thoughts or ideas on where to take it next. The eyeball scout will think it's trash, but I think it has some potential.

Users who are viewing this thread