What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cedric Benson (1 Viewer)

happy_donut

Footballguy
Now seems like a good time to discuss this year's rookies & their potential (or not).I'm interested in the shark pools evaluation of Cedric Benson as a Keeper or Dynasty pick. What do you think his value is? Does Thomas Jones return next year and steal more thunder? Why hasn't he gotten his chance yet?

Now seems like a good time to discuss this year's rookies & their potential (or not).

I'm interested in the shark pools evaluation of Cedric Benson as a Keeper or Dynasty pick.

What do you think his value is? Does Thomas Jones return next year and steal more thunder? Why hasn't he gotten his chance yet?
TJ will return as the starter, almost certainly.Benson hasn't gotten his chance simply because Jones played at a Pro Bowl level.

Fair enough.

How do you feel about Benson as a Keeper or Dynasty prospect?
Not good, unfortunately. I have him, myself. :( It's going to take Thomas Jones remembering he's Thomas Jones (or a TJ injury) in order for Ced to see the field. Even then, there is no guarantee he will be any good.

I chose Benson over Ronnie Brown last August, and I regret it already.

My pick for 'the next Larry Johnson' :) (or backup to to become a #1 fantasy RB).Jones will almost certainly start next year. Like others have mentioned, all it takes is a Jones' injury & he may never see the starting job again.Benson owners will just have to be patient. Johnson owners had to wait almost 2 seasons for him to show what he can do.

I am a TJ owner and I can see CB getting more carries next year assuming he's healthy. But TJ should remain the starter assuming he's healthy. Glad we got this cleared up, assuming we are all healthy. :lmao:

My pick for 'the next Larry Johnson' :) (or backup to to become a #1 fantasy RB).

Jones will almost certainly start next year. Like others have mentioned, all it takes is a Jones' injury & he may never see the starting job again.

Benson owners will just have to be patient. Johnson owners had to wait almost 2 seasons for him to show what he can do.
:goodposting: It is only a matter of time. Cedric Benson will see his chance and make the most of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's a headache. I would rather trade him for a pick in line with one of this year's rook RBs

Benson hasn't gotten his chance simply because Jones played at a Pro Bowl level.
Lest we forget that Cedric Benson also hasn't gotten his chance because of his attitude, blocking ability, and unwillingness to play dinged, week 17 being a prime example. I seem to remember several times last year where Adrian Peterson got the nod because of a hurt Thomas Jones for those reasons.This is not to say that Cedric Benson won't get his chance, am I just of the opinion that it will later than most seem to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough.

Not good, unfortunately. I have him, myself. :( It's going to take Thomas Jones remembering he's Thomas Jones (or a TJ injury) in order for Ced to see the field. Even then, there is no guarantee he will be any good.

I respectfully disagree.. Bears ownership is CHEAP..they aren't paying benson, what, $30 mil , to sit on his fanny..he's actually done fairly well as a rookie..remember, SA did nothing in his first year, while LJ did little in each his first TWO years, Priest Holmes was a nobody in Baltimore, Ahman Green did nothing in each of his first two seasons in Seattle, and didn't become a decent rb until he got traded to GB in his third year, Deuce McAllister ran for a paltry 91 yards his rookie season, Thurman Thomas ran for only 881 yards his first year, Emmitt Smith averaged 3.9 per carry his rookie season, then came back the following year to average 4.3 per carry,TJ did nothing in each of his first 5 years & he's played on 3 teams different already..Benson , in limited duty this year, has averaged 4.1 yards/carry..not bad considering he didnt practice until the final week of the preseason..

which brings me to my other point, if Benson didn't hold out in preseason, we're not even having this conversation, TJ would be an afterthought..He'd be holding a clipboard watching Benson tear it up as the Bears starting RB..I don't remember seeing 32 NFL teams scurrying in an effort to out bid each other for TJ last year, do you?!?!?

he is a glorified Michael Pittman...

Benson will start opening day, 2006..

Fair enough.

I respectfully disagree.. Bears ownership is CHEAP..they aren't paying benson, what, $30 mil , to sit on his fanny..he's actually done fairly well as a rookie..remember, SA did nothing in his first year, while LJ did little in each his first TWO years, Priest Holmes was a nobody in Baltimore, Ahman Green did nothing in each of his first two seasons in Seattle, and didn't become a decent rb until he got traded to GB in his third year, Deuce McAllister ran for a paltry 91 yards his rookie season, Thurman Thomas ran for only 881 yards his first year, Emmitt Smith averaged 3.9 per carry his rookie season, then came back the following year to average 4.3 per carry,TJ did nothing in each of his first 5 years & he's played on 3 teams different already..Benson , in limited duty this year, has averaged 4.1 yards/carry..not bad considering he didnt practice until the final week of the preseason..

which brings me to my other point, if Benson didn't hold out in preseason, we're not even having this conversation, TJ would be an afterthought..He'd be holding a clipboard watching Benson tear it up as the Bears starting RB..I don't remember seeing 32 NFL teams scurrying in an effort to out bid each other for TJ last year, do you?!?!?

he is a glorified Michael Pittman...

Benson will start opening day, 2006..
Bears ownership is also about winning and if Lovie makes it to the NFC Championship they won't be dictating to him who he should start.

Users who are viewing this thread