What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cell Phone addiction thread (1 Viewer)

People will think this sounds counter-intuitive but I found getting a smartwatch cut my time on my phone way, way down. My phone buzzes all day with texts/emails and just checking quickly on your wrist to find out who the sender is and even the first half a sentence means I actually pull the phone out of my pocket ~1/5th of the time. It even helped the battery life of my phone because I'm turning on the screen to check messages so much less frequently.

If you REALLY wanted to look at your phone less frequently throughout the day you should really purchase a phone with terrible battery life and then you would be forced to use the device frugally to make it through the day. If nothing else it would be a good self check to find out when you are using your phone when you NEED it(like a tool) as opposed to when you are just using it to pass the time out of boredom. 

I'm not too bad with it, but I'm pretty boring and don't find social media to be very interesting. The current political environment has contributed to the latter. The stuff from both sides is pretty irritating and feels like a huge waste of time. 

Really, all the stuff that used to make smartphones interesting has gotten boring to me.

My phone is pretty much only used for texts with the family and some friends, and streaming podcasts. I do check the google news feed while taking the morning dump, but that's really only interesting because it's a daily reminder of how much Google is tracking me. 

Users who are viewing this thread