What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CHANCE FOR HOPE FOUNDATION - 2019 Enchanted Night photos linked on page 5 (1 Viewer)

This past weekend, we launched our newest program - Chance for Hope Enchanted Night, a dance for teenage cancer patients.  We hope to have the professional photos from the event soon, but here's the FB write-up that accompanies some of the video I captured of the dance floor at the event.  My wife put it best I think:  "This dance was the dance Chance never had, the socialization he missed while in treatment. In my heart, this dance was for him."

https://www.facebook.com/chanceforhopefoundation/posts/1055124681316249?notif_id=1539714813326111&notif_t=page_post_reaction

This past Saturday, we hosted our first ever Chance for Hope Enchanted Night, a fun, social and magical experience for teenage patients of Texas Children’s Cancer Center. Our goal was to create an environment where teens can be teens. We know all too well that kids with cancer can feel isolated, and that sometimes socialization can be challenging. Our hope was to help these teens break down some of those barriers, and boy did they! We saw a transformation that was so special - kids making new friends and breaking out of their shells. It was such a beautiful sight to see. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to spend an enchanted evening with these amazing teens. This video is just a glimpse of the fun that was had by all. Stay tuned for event photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking in...how was the holiday season for the foundation?  I often wonder if charitable giving increases during this time of year.  I know for churches, Christmas and Easter are huge days from a contribution perspective but that's only because that's when they get the butts in the seats.

Psychopav said:
Checking in...how was the holiday season for the foundation?  I often wonder if charitable giving increases during this time of year.  I know for churches, Christmas and Easter are huge days from a contribution perspective but that's only because that's when they get the butts in the seats.
Thanks so much for asking!  We actually launch our annual mail campaign every November, so we get a lot of donations over the holidays and prior to year end.  We were actually pretty nervous about the impact of tax reform (resulting in far fewer people itemizing their charitable deductions) and the tanking market in December, but we're actually slightly up over last year I believe.  The real indication will be how our fundraising goes in 2019 after people have fully realized the impact of tax reform, I think.  We're hoping to enter the world of applying for grants in the coming year, so hopefully that will reduce our dependence over time on individual donations (which is close to 100% of our funding at this point).  But we're doing okay all things considered.  Just funded another $75,000 research grant, and launched a new program (Enchanted Night - see post above).  Funding is still solid on our five Chance for Hope Residences and we're looking to expand our meal delivery program.

What you are doing in Chance's name is absolutely heart warming. God bless you for your work with kids with cancer and their families. ❤

In case anyone is interested in learning more about the most recent research grant we awarded, set forth below is the announcement we released:

In addition to the support services provided by the Chance for Hope Foundation to pediatric cancer families, our organization is also committed to funding medical research to improve treatment protocols and hopefully one day find a cure for childhood cancer. As part of that mission, we are excited to announce that the Chance for Hope Foundation has awarded a $75,000 grant to Texas Children’s Hospital to support the groundbreaking research of Dr. Holly Lindsay in the area of pediatric brain tumors.

This major grant will support Dr. Lindsay’s important work in connection with a trial called the PIRATE study, which will determine the safety, toxicity, and recommended phase 2 dose of a novel drug, RRx-001, given in combination with chemotherapy in children with recurrent or refractory central nervous system tumors. RRx-001 is a novel agent that should make brain tumors more susceptive to treatment with radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. It works by occluding dysfunctional tumor vessels, leading to shunting of blood flow through functional blood vessels and improving the delivery of chemotherapy to the tumor. RRx-001 also improves immune-medicated tumor destruction.

As brain cancer is now the deadliest form of cancer in children, this major grant (our fourth) serves to fulfill our ongoing commitment to finding a cure for the cancer that took the life of the amazing boy who is the inspiration for the Chance for Hope Foundation. Unfortunately, only 4% of federal government cancer research funding goes to study pediatric cancer of all types. As a result, it is up to us to do our part to make up the difference in this funding gap so that we can improve the effectiveness of childhood cancer treatment protocols and one day find a cure for this terrible disease. We thank you for joining with us in this important effort.

So inspirational BB.  What you are doing in honor of Chance is phenomenal.
Thank you so much Judge.  I went back and looked at the first post in this thread from December 2014 when we were just launching this charity.  I'm amazed at how far we've come since then, but I'm also amazed how we've done precisely what we set out to do - we put a strategic plan in place, and through the generosity and support of our donors and volunteers, we've accomplished all of the goals (and then some) that we set out four years ago.  2019 will likely be a year in which we revisit our strategic plan, to see what we want to accomplish in the next 4-5 years.  Many thanks to all of you for joining us on this journey, and for all of the incredible support (financial and otherwise) you have shown along the way. 

Thank you so much Judge.  I went back and looked at the first post in this thread from December 2014 when we were just launching this charity.  I'm amazed at how far we've come since then, but I'm also amazed how we've done precisely what we set out to do - we put a strategic plan in place, and through the generosity and support of our donors and volunteers, we've accomplished all of the goals (and then some) that we set out four years ago.  2019 will likely be a year in which we revisit our strategic plan, to see what we want to accomplish in the next 4-5 years.  Many thanks to all of you for joining us on this journey, and for all of the incredible support (financial and otherwise) you have shown along the way. 
You should be amazed because it's truly amazing.  Your family has helped, and continues to help so many people.  This thread is incredibly inspiring and shows what can be accomplished with resolve and hard work.  Kudos to you guys.

You should be amazed because it's truly amazing.  Your family has helped, and continues to help so many people.  This thread is incredibly inspiring and shows what can be accomplished with resolve and hard work.  Kudos to you guys.
Thank you!  Really, my wife is the driving force.  She is a woman on a mission.

Photo highlights from our second annual Chance for Hope Enchanted Night dance for teenage cancer patients can be viewed at the link below. Please check them out - seeing these kids having a blast is so incredibly moving.  This is by far my favorite night of the year. 

https://www.facebook.com/chanceforhopefoundation/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1324819334346781

EDIT:  Well, if you're on your phone, it looks like the above link just links to our Chance for Hope FB page.  If you scroll down to the most recent posting, you can view the photos (which I encourage you to do if you want to smile and/or be inspired).  Also, if you're on FB, please like our page!  (If anyone knows how to link directly to the FB photo album, please post the link as I can't seem to figure it out).

The infographic is great. I love your logo, though.
We are still using this amazing infographic courtesy of IC FBGCav’s team! Regarding the logo, when Chance and his brother were around 7 and 4 respectively (if memory serves), we had an artist draw a silhouette of the two of them that we have framed In our bedroom.  Years later, after we had lost Chance and we were coming up with the logo for the Foundation we were establishing in his name, we had the idea of using that silhouette.  So the face of the boy with the balloons in our logo is actually Chance’s silhouette.

Edit: yes, I’m responding to a 2015 post, but I don’t know whether I ever shared the above story about our logo. 

Chance would be so proud of you and your wife for what you've done for others in his name.  You honor Chance, his legacy and yourselves with all of the positive actions you've taken after suffering such a terrible loss.  The world is a better place because of you and your wife.  Thank you.

Chance would be so proud of you and your wife for what you've done for others in his name.  You honor Chance, his legacy and yourselves with all of the positive actions you've taken after suffering such a terrible loss.  The world is a better place because of you and your wife.  Thank you.
Thank you very much for your kind words. The Enchanted Night dance is really special for us. Because Chance passed at 13, he never got to experience Prom or Homecoming. We wanted to create an event for teens that he would have loved. So it’s got a bunch of stuff geared towards teens (food, modern music, dancing, candy, cool prizes), but also has a touch of magic and whimsy.  My wife and I were talking last night about the event and how things went, and she remarked that this dance would have been the highlight of Chance’s year. None of the patients who attended this past weekend ever knew Chance. But we feel that they were touched by him nonetheless. Just check out the pictures and you can see Chance’s legacy.

Thank you again for your kindness. 

@bigbottom. I tried to come up with cool stuff to say here, but all I came up with is you and your wife are full of grace. You are truly amazing people and what you’ve done for your son and his honor is simply amazing. You are what’s good in this world.

I’ll leave it at that. 
Thank you so much. Honestly, were it not for this Foundation, I believe that my wife and I would have been trapped in a very dark place. It may have saved us, figuratively, if not literally. Whatever we have been able to do for others through the Foundation, we have received back tenfold. 

Is there a place not on Facebook where I could see the pictures?  We just never took to it.
You should be able to view the photo album on FB without having a FB account. That album contains highlights. But if you can’t access it, you can always view all the photos in the comprehensive Flickr galleries (there are a ton of photos, so I’d recommend trying to access the FB album first).

Hair and Make-Up: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9rmUi

Enchanted Night Gallery 1: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9uptb

Enchanted Night Gallery 2: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9q44Q

You should be able to view the photo album on FB without having a FB account. That album contains highlights. But if you can’t access it, you can always view all the photos in the comprehensive Flickr galleries (there are a ton of photos, so I’d recommend trying to access the FB album first).

Hair and Make-Up: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9rmUi

Enchanted Night Gallery 1: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9uptb

Enchanted Night Gallery 2: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ9q44Q
Aha.  Got it.  I like the dog in a tutu.  It also looks like you need a bigger dance floor.  People sure are partying down.

Aha.  Got it.  I like the dog in a tutu.  It also looks like you need a bigger dance floor.  People sure are partying down.
Yes, that's one of the animal-assisted therapy dogs at Texas Children's Hospital.  She's very sweet.  As for the dance floor, we are somewhat constrained by the size of the room (which is in a meeting space at the hospital).  Besides, we love a packed dance floor!

First of all, I want to thank everyone in the FFA for all of the support you have shown during the fifteen or so months since I shared the news regarding my sons cancer diagnosis. I have been truly overwhelmed by the emotional support, prayers, well wishes, and donations made in Chances name, which have been such a tremendous help to me, to my family, and to other families that have been touched by the devastating disease that is pediatric cancer. It has obviously been a difficult and painful journey for my family since Chances diagnosis in June of 2012. But there have also been many incredible memories and some of the most cherished moments of my life. The Chance for Hope Foundation is the next chapter in our lives.

The mission of the Chance for Hope Foundation is to provide support services for children with cancer and their families, funding for pediatric cancer research and treatment, and educational resources to the general public regarding pediatric cancer.

The centerpiece of the Foundations support services mission is the Chance for Hope Residence, which is a fully-furnished apartment in the Texas Medical Center, provided free of charge on a temporary basis to families traveling to the Texas Medical Center to undergo pediatric cancer treatments at one of the Centers member institutions. We signed our first lease in November and will begin providing free temporary housing on December 11, just a little over a week away. We plan to introduce a second Chance for Hope Residence in the first half of 2015, with the possibility for additional residences as funding allows. If you know of anyone who is traveling to the Texas Medical Center for pediatric cancer treatments and is in need of temporary housing, please contact us through the website link below. Additionally, as part of our support services effort, the Foundation will be delivering gift cards, goodies, and healthy meals to children undergoing inpatient cancer treatment and their families, as well as providing guidance and assistance with issues such as transportation, parking and local area resources.

Another focus of our Foundations mission will be to evaluate and provide grant funding for medical research designed to improve treatment protocols for pediatric cancer, with a focus on brain tumors and other cancers of the nervous system. As part of our research funding efforts, the Foundation will be working with its contacts at Texas Childrens Hospital (the largest pediatric cancer and blood disease center in the country) and MD Anderson Cancer Center (ranked by U.S. News as the #1 or #2 cancer hospital in the country every year since 1990).

A number of you have heard about our efforts to get this organization off the ground and have asked for more information. For this reason, I started this thread and provide the links below. I know that there are countless charities that are worthy of your support. But if you have an interest in supporting a grassroots organization dedicated to helping children with cancer and their families, please consider supporting the Chance for Hope Foundation.

Please know that the Foundations board members, officers and volunteers all donate their time to the organization. Not a dime will be paid for salaries or any other form of compensation. Additionally, because the Foundation is being run out of our home office, there is minimal overhead no rent, utilities, etc. As such, the dollars donated will go directly to the support services and research funding provided by the Foundation, with only minimal amounts spent on expenses such as printing and postage for our annual mail campaign and other related fundraising efforts.

Thank you once again for everything you have done for me, and for my family. I realize that by introducing the Chance for Hope Foundation in this manner, I am also introducing myself to all of you in a new way. My name is Scott, and I am proud to be a part of the FFA community. If you or anyone you know are ever in need of any of the services provided by the Chance for Hope Foundation, please reach out. It is our dream that Chance will continue to touch the lives of others through the good works of this organization. The Chance for Hope Foundation is his legacy.

www.chanceforhopefoundation.org

Facebook Page

Local News Article
Could not find the other topic, but I got this e-mail today.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Chance For Hope Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $170.60 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

$2,598.00 to Chance For Hope Foundation

$169,850,767.10 to all charities

Thank you for supporting Chance For Hope Foundation by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.
Make Sure when you shop Amazon you go to smile.amazon.com and put Chance for Hope as your foundation

I'm searching the charities list at smile.amazon.com and Chance for Hope isn't coming up. Searched several different ways. @bigbottom any suggestion?
I have my amazon account setup for Chance for Hope. I am trying to navigate and find a link for ya. I also searched and it didn't show up.

Users who are viewing this thread