What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CHANCE FOR HOPE FOUNDATION - 2019 Enchanted Night photos linked on page 5 (1 Viewer)

ANNOUNCING THE CHANCE FOR HOPE CIRCLE OF SUPPORT DIAMOND PENDANT RAFFLE!!!

FFA Brothers and Sisters:

As you know, my wife and I founded the Chance for Hope Foundation in 2014 to honor the memory of our son, Chance, who passed away from brain cancer at age 13. Each year, we have an annual charity event that funds the majority of the support services we provide to pediatric cancer families, as well as our research grant program.

Unfortunately, with the exception of a couple of folks (like Ignoramus who has attended our big bash), most of you live outside the Houston area and are thus unable to attend the event.  Well, there is now an opportunity for out-of-towners to help make our event a success.

For the first time ever we are conducting a raffle in conjunction with the event, and YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. Tickets are $100 each and a maximum of 150 tickets will be sold. The prize is a beautiful black and white diamond circle pendant valued at $3,000!  Your wife/significant other will love it.

Tickets are on sale now! Please help us reach our fundraising goal by purchasing a ticket in support of this very worthy cause.

Here's the link (with photos and more info):  https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circle-of-support

The FFA has been a huge support for our Foundation over the years, which means the world to us.  Thank you all so much for everything!

(p.s. Our big drive for this year's event is to raise enough to open a fifth Chance for Hope Residence.)

As you know, my wife and I founded the Chance for Hope Foundation in 2014 to honor the memory of our son, Chance, who passed away from brain cancer at age 13. Each year, we have an annual charity event that funds the majority of the support services we provide to pediatric cancer families, as well as our research grant program.

Unfortunately, with the exception of a couple of folks (like Ignoramus who has attended our big bash), most of you live outside the Houston area and are thus unable to attend the event.  Well, there is now an opportunity for out-of-towners to help make our event a success.

For the first time ever we are conducting a raffle in conjunction with the event, and YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. Tickets are $100 each and a maximum of 150 tickets will be sold. The prize is a beautiful black and white diamond circle pendant valued at $3,000!  Your wife/significant other will love it.

Tickets are on sale now! Please help us reach our fundraising goal by purchasing a ticket in support of this very worthy cause.

Here's the link (with photos and more info):  https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circle-of-support

The FFA has been a huge support for our Foundation over the years, which means the world to us.  Thank you all so much for everything!

(p.s. Our big drive for this year's event is to raise enough to open a fifth Chance for Hope Residence.)
In

Thank you so much all.  I see the raffle ticket purchases coming in!

And GM, turn that $100 wager into a chance to win a diamond pendant for your lady!

Bump for Day Two of the Diamond Pendant Raffle!  Day One is in the books and 38 of the 120 pre-event tickets have been sold.  We are off to a fantastic start!  Thanks so much to those of you who have purchased tickets, and thanks in advance to those who are considering buying one today!  100% of the money raised will go to funding the support services (free temporary housing, meal delivery, gift card drive) we provide to children with cancer and their families, and our pediatric cancer research grant funding.

https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circle-of-support

Just paid off my bet with Fantasycurse42.  He passed on the option for a ticket so it wouldn't eat into the limited number.  Donation made "GM FBO FantasyCurse42".  Can't wait to read how you explained that one to Mrs. BB. :)

Just paid off my bet with Fantasycurse42.  He passed on the option for a ticket so it wouldn't eat into the limited number.  Donation made "GM FBO FantasyCurse42".  Can't wait to read how you explained that one to Mrs. BB. :)
Thank you brother!  For what it's worth, we received the contributor report and it just had your name on it. 

Thanks Krista!  And you've already found the greatest love of all.  It's inside of you.

So gift it to yourself!

Only sold one ticket so far today.  Please consider buying a raffle ticket to support the Chance for Hope Foundation!  If we sell out all of our tickets, you'll have a 1 in 150 chance of winning!  (Don't bother calculating the EV - it's not positive, but it's way better odds than the lottery!)

https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circle-of-support
In.

I find all this that you guys have done so incredibly impressive and inspiring. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to play a little part in it. 

All that said, I want to win the jewelry, too.  :)

How we doing here,  biggie?

How we doing here,  biggie?
We've sold 64 of the available 120 presale tickets.  Hoping to get to above 100 tickets sold by April 20 when pre-sale closes.  Then we'll push at the event itself to sell the remaining to get to 150.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to thank you all for your support of the Chance for Hope Foundation.  The raffle was a huge success and we did ended up selling out all the available tickets.  Set forth below is the "Event Results" email that went out earlier today regarding THE SPACE BALL.  Reading the first post in this thread, it is hard to believe how far we have come in a relatively short period of time.  We plan to open our fifth Chance for Hope Residence later this year.  The Foundation wouldn't be where it is without all of the amazingly generous people who have supported the mission, and the FFA has played a big part in our organization's success.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Dear Friends and Supporters:

We are thrilled to report that THE SPACE BALL - A CHANCE FOR HOPE BENEFIT raised over $185,000 and exceeded last year's incredible results by more than 20%!  You are all so amazing!  To all of our event sponsors, donors, host committee members, volunteers and participants, as well as every single one of you who attended or purchased a raffle ticket, please accept our heartfelt thanks for making this evening such a smashing success.  The event exceeded every expectation, and that is due entirely to you, our generous supporters.

Please know that every dollar that we receive counts, and helps our Foundation fulfill its mission.  All of your generous donations go directly to provide support services for pediatric cancer families and to fund critically needed pediatric cancer research.  Importantly, all Board and Executive members of the Chance for Hope Foundation donate their time to the Foundation (there are no paid positions), which allows us to minimize overhead costs and maximize the good works of our organization.

In just three short years, the Chance for Hope Foundation has raised over $1,000,000!  With the tremendous success of this event, we will be able to further our reach in helping pediatric cancer families.  Annually, our Chance for Hope Residence Program provides over 1,400 nights of temporary housing for families absolutely free of charge!  We have also funded multiple pediatric cancer research grants, with a focus on treating and curing brain cancer, which is now the deadliest form of cancer in children.  Additionally, our meal delivery program provides healthy and delicious meals to families on the in-patient cancer floor at Texas Children's Hospital.

Once again, we so very much appreciate the incredible support the Chance for Hope Foundation has received during these past three years.  It is only through you, our cherished friends and supporters, that our Foundation is able to impact the lives of pediatric cancer families.  Thank you for joining us in our mission, and we look forward to continuing this wonderful journey with you.

A quick update to let you all know that we launched our fifth Chance for Hope Residence this past month!  Annually, we now provide over 1800 nights of free temporary housing for families undergoing pediatric cancer treatments.

In September, we also held our second annual Go Gold Fun Run, which is our yearly childhood cancer awareness event. We were worried about participation after Hurricane Harvey, as most organizations cancelled their events that month, but we decided to move forward anyway. We ended up with over 400 registered runners, a 25% increase over the prior year and the event was a great success.

On the Hurricane Harvey front, we were able to house a family with a young boy undergoing cancer treatment at Texas Children's Hospital after floodwaters displaced them from the home they were renting (and they lost most of their possessions).  We also donated $5,000 in gift cards to assist pediatric cancer families impacted by the hurricane so they can buy groceries, clothes and needed supplies. 

Thought I would provide these periodic updates because so many of you were instrumental in getting this little charity off the ground. We are so blessed by the support we have received and privileged to do the work we do. Thanks to all of you for making it possible and for touching the lives of pediatric cancer families in such a meaningful and positive way. 

We're gearing up again for our big annual fundraiser in April.  This year's theme is YACHT ROCK PARADISE!, a nautical voyage celebrating Seventies Smoothness.  Our featured entertainment for the evening is Yacht Rock Revue, a band out of Atlanta that is the country's No. 1 Yacht Rock Tribute Band.  For any of you in the Houston or surrounding areas, we'd love to see you out at the event, which will be held on Friday, April 6th.  Ticket link:  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1624874?_ga=2.195127343.2047469149.1516293354-1406204938.1500317368

As always, we're going to have a crazy live auction with a bunch of really cool items, one of which is this Slash Signature Model Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop, autographed by Slash for our event and featuring some of Slash's custom artwork.  Link to a Photo

@chet @Otis or anyone else with boatloads, let me know if you need a proxy to bid on this item at the event!

@Worm wonders if you're willing to consider interesting trades for the drum head. A couple of kids, maybe? Protection for a weekend from a real life ninja?

bigbottom said:
We're gearing up again for our big annual fundraiser in April.  This year's theme is YACHT ROCK PARADISE!, a nautical voyage celebrating Seventies Smoothness.  Our featured entertainment for the evening is Yacht Rock Revue, a band out of Atlanta that is the country's No. 1 Yacht Rock Tribute Band.  For any of you in the Houston or surrounding areas, we'd love to see you out at the event, which will be held on Friday, April 6th.  Ticket link:  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1624874?_ga=2.195127343.2047469149.1516293354-1406204938.1500317368

As always, we're going to have a crazy live auction with a bunch of really cool items, one of which is this Slash Signature Model Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop, autographed by Slash for our event and featuring some of Slash's custom artwork.  Link to a Photo

@chet @Otis or anyone else with boatloads, let me know if you need a proxy to bid on this item at the event!
Is there anywhere to find all the auction items?  I couldn't find it on the Facebook page, but I'm lame.

Not interested in bidding on rock-star stuff, but I was intrigued by the words "luxury vacations" I saw on the link.

Is there anywhere to find all the auction items?  I couldn't find it on the Facebook page, but I'm lame.

Not interested in bidding on rock-star stuff, but I was intrigued by the words "luxury vacations" I saw on the link.
Hey Krista!  We’ll have our full auction preview up a couple weeks before the event. The big luxury vacation item is a seven day “Exclusive Resorts” vacation at one of eight destinations. I have photos and write-ups for each of the destinations if you want to know more. These places are seriously badass. I think it’s around a quarter mill to join this club. Anyway, here is the general prize info:

Exclusive Resorts®: Experience the World Together

Fleeting dinner table talks are about as close as many of us get to family bonding in our hectic day- to-day lives. As a result, the trips we’re able to take with family and the memories made are all the more meaningful.

Today, you have the opportunity to experience Exclusive Resorts with a seven-night vacation in one of the Club’s exquisitely appointed three – to five-bedroom private residences some able to accommodate up to ten with you and your closest friends, family – or if you are feeling generous - colleagues.

Averaging 3,500 square feet in size, each home is equipped with luxuries like chef-grade kitchens, private pools and expansive gathering spaces. You’ll be invited to choose from eight of Exclusive Resorts’ flagship destinations ranging from the slopes of Lake Tahoe and shores of Grand Cayman to the beaches of Los Cabos and spectacular jungles of Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica.

Choose from: 

• Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
• Lake Tahoe, California
• Los Cabos, Mexico
• Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
• Real Del Mar, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
• Scottsdale, Arizona
• Sea Island, Georgia
• Steamboat Springs, Colorado

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread