What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CHANCE FOR HOPE FOUNDATION - 2019 Enchanted Night photos linked on page 5 (1 Viewer)

Hey Krista!  We’ll have our full auction preview up a couple weeks before the event. The big luxury vacation item is a seven day “Exclusive Resorts” vacation at one of eight destinations. I have photos and write-ups for each of the destinations if you want to know more. These places are seriously badass. I think it’s around a quarter mill to join this club. Anyway, here is the general prize info:

Exclusive Resorts®: Experience the World Together

Fleeting dinner table talks are about as close as many of us get to family bonding in our hectic day- to-day lives. As a result, the trips we’re able to take with family and the memories made are all the more meaningful.

Today, you have the opportunity to experience Exclusive Resorts with a seven-night vacation in one of the Club’s exquisitely appointed three – to five-bedroom private residences some able to accommodate up to ten with you and your closest friends, family – or if you are feeling generous - colleagues.

Averaging 3,500 square feet in size, each home is equipped with luxuries like chef-grade kitchens, private pools and expansive gathering spaces. You’ll be invited to choose from eight of Exclusive Resorts’ flagship destinations ranging from the slopes of Lake Tahoe and shores of Grand Cayman to the beaches of Los Cabos and spectacular jungles of Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica.

Choose from: 

• Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
• Lake Tahoe, California
• Los Cabos, Mexico
• Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
• Real Del Mar, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
• Scottsdale, Arizona
• Sea Island, Georgia
• Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Looking forward to when they are viewable to be bid on.  My brother-in-law is involved in the Fisher Houses for Vets and my cousin benefited greatly from Ronald McDonald House so this is near and dear to my heart. 

The ABC affiliate in Houston did a story on Chance, our family, and the Foundation. It’s a really well done piece and we feel so privileged to be able to speak about Chance and his legacy.  Thanks to everyone here in the FFA for all of your support. 

http://abc13.com/health/pearland-family-keeps-sons-legacy-alive/3606793/
I dont get here as much as I used to...but 1) you have a lovely family and I admire what you do, 2) I have said before that Chance and your story has made me a better father...so thank you  for sharing such hard events, and 3) I hadn't seen some of these updates for tickets, if you @ me I will for sure help.

God bless you all, you are awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ABC affiliate in Houston did a story on Chance, our family, and the Foundation. It’s a really well done piece and we feel so privileged to be able to speak about Chance and his legacy.  Thanks to everyone here in the FFA for all of your support. 

http://abc13.com/health/pearland-family-keeps-sons-legacy-alive/3606793/
Not much to say after watching that other than thank you and bless you for all you've gone through and all you do. A true inspiration.

Mrs. O and I just watched.  She’s also been following Chance’s story over the years.  I actually beamed it up to the Apple TV from my iphone without telling her.  She was in the middle of a call with my sister talking about somesuch nonsense, but instantly when they showed the first photo looked at me wide eyed and said “!!  It’s Chance!!” 

Beautiful piece.  Hard to watch, not a dry eye in my house, but so much credit to you all.  I hope one year we can make it down for one of the big galas.  

O

I dont get here as much as I used to...but 1) you have a lovely family and I admire what you do, 2) I have said before that Chance and your story has made me a better father...so thank you  for sharing such hard events, and 3) I hadn't seen some of these updates for tickets, if you @ me I will for sure help.

God bless you all, you are awesome!
Thank you so much for your kind words. Will give you a shout next time there is an opportunity to get involved!

Mrs. O and I just watched.  She’s also been following Chance’s story over the years.  I actually beamed it up to the Apple TV from my iphone without telling her.  She was in the middle of a call with my sister talking about somesuch nonsense, but instantly when they showed the first photo looked at me wide eyed and said “!!  It’s Chance!!” 

Beautiful piece.  Hard to watch, not a dry eye in my house, but so much credit to you all.  I hope one year we can make it down for one of the big galas.  

O
O: Thanks so much for sharing this.  It means a lot. There were a lot of tears here when we watched it for the first time earlier today. We had no idea how it was going to turn out, but we’re so happy. The ABC production team did an amazing job. 

We would LOVE it if you could make it down for the annual event. I promise you would have a blast. 

I love seeing the Chance for Hope updates on my FB feed.  I've told you before, but I'll say it again, you are a truly inspirational person.  I think I would be broken inside going through what you have, but you have managed to turn your grief into hope and provide such a positive impact to so many people that are going through such a stressful and scary time.  Thank you for all you, your wife, your son, and all the rest of the people of your foundation do every single day.

It means nothing but I have a post it on my computer monitor where I've written "chance" "conner" "riley" and a few other names from my top long life.  And on days where I don't feel like giving my best, my all, it jolts me back. All the best to you. 

Absolutely fantastic work you are carrying out in the name of your son.  Incredible.  I wish you continued success in your efforts.

I love seeing the Chance for Hope updates on my FB feed.  I've told you before, but I'll say it again, you are a truly inspirational person.  I think I would be broken inside going through what you have, but you have managed to turn your grief into hope and provide such a positive impact to so many people that are going through such a stressful and scary time.  Thank you for all you, your wife, your son, and all the rest of the people of your foundation do every single day.
Thank you so much for your kind words. Make no mistake, I am broken. So is my wife. But despite being broken, we feel compelled to keep Chance’s legacy alive. Honestly, without that purpose, it’s hard to know where we would be. 

Beautiful story, biggie! Warm thoughts to you and your family. Your whole family has been an inspiration for us.

That really touched me.  All I can think to say is God bless you and your family. 

Absolutely fantastic work you are carrying out in the name of your son.  Incredible.  I wish you continued success in your efforts.

Amazing story. With all the negativity about this place changing posts like this remind me what a great site this place is. 
Thanks so much to all of you. I love this place. 

It means nothing but I have a post it on my computer monitor where I've written "chance" "conner" "riley" and a few other names from my top long life.  And on days where I don't feel like giving my best, my all, it jolts me back. All the best to you. 
That is really amazing. Thank you for sharing that.  I think about Conner and Riley quite a bit. Father’s Day is always a tricky holiday, and I hope Ham and shady are hanging in there okay. 

Love the video, and love what you guys are doing. I actually recently referred the family of one of my patients to CFH, since the patient is likely having a procedure at MD Anderson. Thanks for doing what you do.

Channel 13 did a great job on that report, even if it did give me flashbacks.  I guess we need to go to the gala at some point.  Asking for "Big Bottom" could be a bit weird.

bigbottom said:
That is really amazing. Thank you for sharing that.  I think about Conner and Riley quite a bit. Father’s Day is always a tricky holiday, and I hope Ham and shady are hanging in there okay. 
Thought of you while I was driving today and heard an NPR story from a father that lost his daughter. The story brought me to tears just thinking about losing my son. Then when I got home I saw the thread update and the Channel 13 piece... you're an amazing father with an amazing family. We are in awe.

My thoughts are with you. Tomorrow is 6/18, a date that brought devastating news then a year later, good news. The news reel really shows what a great kid he was, an inspiration to us all.

I follow the foundation's page on fb with a smile knowing Chance is looking down proud with that unforgettable infectious smile of his. ❤

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, incredible video by ABC. Thanks for sharing and always best wishes for what you are doing.

Love the video, and love what you guys are doing. I actually recently referred the family of one of my patients to CFH, since the patient is likely having a procedure at MD Anderson. Thanks for doing what you do.
You and I are forever linked, brother.  Please let me know how things are going in your new career!

Thought of you while I was driving today and heard an NPR story from a father that lost his daughter. The story brought me to tears just thinking about losing my son. Then when I got home I saw the thread update and the Channel 13 piece... you're an amazing father with an amazing family. We are in awe.
Thanks Ignoramus.  I look forward to hosting you at our next event.  Here's a teaser - it will be Drakkar Noir-friendly!

Wow, incredible video by ABC. Thanks for sharing and always best wishes for what you are doing.

My thoughts are with you. Tomorrow is 6/18, a date that brought devastating news then a year later, good news. The news reel really shows what a great kid he was, an inspiration to us all.

I follow the foundation's page on fb with a smile knowing Chance is looking down proud with that unforgettable infectious smile of his. ❤
Thanks to you both.  And, Curly, you have an incredible memory.  It means a lot to know that there are people out there who remember.

Just gave in lieu of a birthday present for my cousin on her 70th birthday. Donate in honor of others instead of a tangible gift is a great way to give twice!

Whoa!  Thank you so much!!! That is extremely thoughtful of you. I hope your cousin doesn’t mind!

We just applied for a grant that would allow us to open a sixth Chance for Hope Residence. Fingers crossed. 

Also, we are launching a new event in October. It’s a dance for teens with cancer called “Enchanted Night.”  It will be at the hospital in their big meeting room but we are completely transforming the space. It’s going to be really cool. DJ, dancing, entertainment, food. We are super excited about it. At the hospital, there is quite a bit of stuff for younger kids with cancer, but not as much for teens. So we’re hoping to make this event very special for them. Can’t wait to post photos!

And for anyone in the area, our Chance for Hope Go Gold Fun Run to promote pediatric cancer awareness is September 8.  Only $25 for the 5K and you get a race shirt, an event medal, food, and you are automatically entered into our raffle. There is also a 10K and both races are officially timed. 

Users who are viewing this thread