What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charbonnet or Achane at 1.10 of Rookie Dynasty Draft (1 Viewer)

Nuttz4Football

Footballguy
12 team PPR dynasty league. 30 Man roster. start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex (RB, WR, or TE).
Scoring: this league favors QB scoring, as all TDs are 6 pts and every 10 yds is 1 pt (whether it is passing, rushing, or receiving)....so QBs outscore all other players every week..... (for instance, Josh Allen scored 762.50 pts last year and was the #2 QB, Ekler scored 388.70 as the #1 RB, Jefferson scored 420.70 as the #1 WR)

I currently have the 1.10 in our rookie draft (straight line, next pick is 2.10) and am torn on how to go....
Here are my main players (have several depth players not listed):
QB: Josh Allen, Ridder, Tannehill
RB: Jacobs, Walker III, Mostert, Carter, Eno, Haskins, Vaughn
WR: Julio, Marvin Jones, Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, Wan'Dale, Osborn, Noah Brown
TE: Kelce, Hurst, Brate

Remaining players in draft:
QB: Stroud, Purdy, Levis
RB: Achane, Charbonnet, Spears,
WR: Hyatt, Mingo, Downs, Mims, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Laporta, Irv Smith (we can pick vets as well)

I need to get some youth and talent at WR, but I think there are more WRs in this draft than RBs, so I want to go RB. But do I go with Achane or Charbonnet.....Better landing spot for Achane, but Charbonnet is the better back and if Walker gets hurt, I then have a back that will instantly step in...but I hate the idea of using a 1st rd pick to draft a handcuff....

Who is the better choice..should I just abandon RB all together and maybe take Kincaid, as Kelce is getting old and I have no real back up for him...or do I go QB because of the high scoring for them in this league....

I go with the better player and I think that is Charbs... I would be tempted by Kincaid but would rather go RB.

It's really close. I've got Achane above Charbonnet based on probable immediate production but it's only a difference between 12 and 14 or there abouts in my (SF) rankings. With PPR I'd probably lean Achane as I think Miami will scheme in such a way that they give him designed receptions which will help. I do think Charbonnet is the better back though

In a similar position myself drafting at 1.11. I am looking at Kincaid thinking that 1) he will currently be a good scoring option in the flex position and 2) he will eventually be a long-term replacement for Kelce's firepower.

I'm picking now at the 1.10 in a 12 team, Non PPR.

Looking at: Charb (most likely), or Miller, Kinkaid or Bryce.

I'll need a TE, but I'm the only one that does, so will likely be able to get Mayer later. Want best value right now.

QB: Jackson, Stafford, D Jones
RB: Mixon, Pollard, Conner, Dillon, D Harris, Perine, J Warren
WR: D Adams, Waddle, D Hopkins, B Cooks, Claypool, Boyd, J Meyers, Skyy Moore, Smith-Njigba
TE: Gesicki (avaible- Kinkdaid, Mayer, Okonkwo)

The 4 guys I listed went with each of the next picks.

Appreciate your answer... Even if I went a different direction without it

It's really close. I've got Achane above Charbonnet based on probable immediate production but it's only a difference between 12 and 14 or there abouts in my (SF) rankings. With PPR I'd probably lean Achane as I think Miami will scheme in such a way that they give him designed receptions which will help. I do think Charbonnet is the better back though

Yet I had this exact decision come up in my rookie draft and ended up picking Charbonnet, probably based on reassessing the landing spot and betting on talent

I love Charbonet, I just wish that he didn't go to Seattle. Who's the Alpha, Walker or Charbonet? I don't need to guess every week.

Users who are viewing this thread