What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 1 (1 Viewer)

Yeah that's a little too calculative for me. I will probably vote - just because it seems like the right thing to do - but my only hesitation is because I just don't know if there's any real way to rank them fairly. I don't really like rap music but why should I penalize people that do?

I'm goin to try and just go with the lists that "fit" best I suppose.
When I joined the contest, I didn't know that contestants in the contest were also going to be voting. I thought people not in it were the voters. 

When I joined the contest, I didn't know that contestants in the contest were also going to be voting. I thought people not in it were the voters. 
This is what I had assumed.  When I made my "I don't plan to vote" comment earlier in the week, it's because, well, I'd be voting for myself and it didn't make sense to me.  I mean, which playlist is my favorite?  The one I drafted....

If there's a mathematical fairness reason to vote, I'll vote....but to be honest I'm not even sure where/how to vote :bag:

This is what I had assumed.  When I made my "I don't plan to vote" comment earlier in the week, it's because, well, I'd be voting for myself and it didn't make sense to me.  I mean, which playlist is my favorite?  The one I drafted....

If there's a mathematical fairness reason to vote, I'll vote....but to be honest I'm not even sure where/how to vote :bag:

Captain Cranks said:
Ok, for anyone who wants to vote (it's not required but strongly encouraged), send Krista a DM with your top three in order. The top team on your list will receive 3 points, second 2 and the third 1.  We'll sum up each drafter's total points and the high sum wins.  You have until Saturday at noon ET to submit your votes. 

Don't vote for yourself, ya cheaters.  

BTW, those who did not draft can vote as well.  

I have a dozen lists now.  Keep ‘em coming!  Without doing the math yet, I think there’s someone who’s establishing him/herself as the favorite now.  It’s still close, though, with a wide variety of opinions!

Yeah that's a little too calculative for me. I will probably vote - just because it seems like the right thing to do - but my only hesitation is because I just don't know if there's any real way to rank them fairly. I don't really like rap music but why should I penalize people that do?

I'm goin to try and just go with the lists that "fit" best I suppose.
It's hard to vote for music you don't listen to.  And "fit" is super subjective as well.  What turns my crank might cause another  in here(and prolly does!) to turn it off.

I have a dozen lists now.  Keep ‘em coming!  Without doing the math yet, I think there’s someone who’s establishing him/herself as the favorite now.  It’s still close, though, with a wide variety of opinions!

Oops, only had 11 at that time, but I have 12 now.  It would be great for all of the drafters to vote; we are at 50% participation from you guys so far.  The only interested observer vote so far is mine.  I know both @rockaction and @KarmaPolice have poked around here and maybe could send a list?  Anyone else?

I was gonna send an e mail to Joe Bryant telling him that this is merely his business and that what we are doing here saves lives. But that was too cheeky even for me, and I'm sure Joe was more frustrated more than all of us put together.

Yeah, fantasy football playoffs time is not an ideal moment for him to lose the site.  Luckily it was back up quickly.

It's hard to vote for music you don't listen to.  And "fit" is super subjective as well.  What turns my crank might cause another  in here(and prolly does!) to turn it off.
Sure but any judging will have some subjectivity. What I meant by "fit" is the playlist that exemplifies the scenario/theme the best which of course is also subjective - but at least a little less subjective than comparing a rap song to a heavy metal song to a country song....

As the votes continue to pour in it's time for the big Theme 2 reveal.  Hope you all don't get whiplash from the about-face Krista has mustered for us because we're going from happy to sad real quick. I am glad we're doing a dour theme this week because I had intended on having one but it's probably not ideal to have it during the week of Christmas.     

"It's a dreary Winter evening.  You and your partner have amicably decided to call it quits after a dozen years together, but as you prepared to separate your households, a pandemic struck, causing you to lose your income for the foreseeable future.  Until your job comes back, you and your soon-to-be-ex are living, together but apart, under one roof.  Most of the world is shut down, so you're stuck inside nearly all of the time.  What song are you blasting in the house?" 

I'll create a separate thread and new randomized draft order on Sunday.  Hit like if you want to participate.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure but any judging will have some subjectivity. What I meant by "fit" is the playlist that exemplifies the scenario/theme the best which of course is also subjective - but at least a little less subjective than comparing a rap song to a heavy metal song to a country song....

Voters can use whatever criteria they wish, but I definitely did not vote simply based on which songs I like the best.  I also incorporated "fit the theme," cohesiveness, and whether the selections told a story.  

As the votes continue to pour in it's time for the big Theme 2 reveal.  Hope you all don't get whiplash from the about-face Krista has mustered for us because we're going from happy to sad real quick. I am glad we're doing a dour theme this week because I had intended on having one but it's probably not ideal to have it during the week of Christmas.     

"It's a dreary Winter evening.  You and your partner have amicably decided to call it quits after a dozen years together, but as you prepared to separate your households, a pandemic struck, causing you to lose your income for the foreseeable future.  Until your job comes back, you and your soon-to-be-ex are living, together but apart, under one roof.  Most of the world is shut down, so you're stuck inside nearly all of the time.  What song are you blasting in the house?" 

I'll create a separate thread and new randomized draft order on Sunday.  Hit like if you want to participate.  
Not at all based on real life.

Not at all based on real life.

:lmao:   I just re-read it, and :bag:    

I was actually just trying to hit the opposite of the first one (joy and the open road vs. gloom and claustrophobia).

Update on this one:  15 lists are in.  There's currently a tie for second place, which I assume gets a set of steak knives?

:lmao:   I just re-read it, and :bag:    

I was actually just trying to hit the opposite of the first one (joy and the open road vs. gloom and claustrophobia).

Update on this one:  15 lists are in.  There's currently a tie for second place, which I assume gets a set of steak knives?
Are you quoting A Few Good Men?

Midway through voting, with 12 lists received:

18 (of 22) different drafters have received at least one vote.

Nine different drafters have received at least one first-place vote.

PARITY! 
How do I vote?  Do I PM my vote to you, or what?  

my picks for this next round are going to be obscure because i have a soft spot for emo stuff and it definitely fits the bill with that theme take that to the bank brohans

Is this really what went down with you and Orrin Hatch?

Not quite, though some elements are the same...  I guess I wasn't too creative in my thoughts.  :bag:  

By the way, scenario 3 will be a more upbeat theme and what I hope will be fun for Christmas week.  I'm going to enlist OH's help to map that one out (which might give some of you a clue on the theme), so he'll sit out that week.

We're now at 18 voters on this one, and the race has started to tighten up!  Someone who hadn't been near the top just got 2 of the most recent 3 first-place votes, and the then-current leader was not on any of the three lists.  Several people still in solid contention now.

Not quite, though some elements are the same...  I guess I wasn't too creative in my thoughts.  :bag:  

By the way, scenario 3 will be a more upbeat theme and what I hope will be fun for Christmas week.  I'm going to enlist OH's help to map that one out (which might give some of you a clue on the theme), so he'll sit out that week.

We're now at 18 voters on this one, and the race has started to tighten up!  Someone who hadn't been near the top just got 2 of the most recent 3 first-place votes.  Several people still in solid contention now.
:stillneedthisreaction:  :eek:  

Are we just drafting Rumours?

my picks for this next round are going to be obscure because i have a soft spot for emo stuff and it definitely fits the bill with that theme take that to the bank brohans
my first thought was finally, a chance to roll out the death metal. Then I chuckled and realized country has this covered for decades. But I'm seeing Bad Religion this weekend with one of their biggest fans and punk just may be the way to go here.

JFC

4 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:
Expand  

JFC

No, I'm in fully.  I love the music that will fit this scenario, just hate this scenario.  It's rough.

And I'm going to kill this one.

Just wish it could be 10 songs.

my first thought was finally, a chance to roll out the death metal. Then I chuckled and realized country has this covered for decades. But I'm seeing Bad Religion this weekend with one of their biggest fans and punk just may be the way to go here.

I was fascinated to see what direction people go with this one, as people can approach dealing with negative feelings so differently.

Oops, only had 11 at that time, but I have 12 now.  It would be great for all of the drafters to vote; we are at 50% participation from you guys so far.  The only interested observer vote so far is mine.  I know both @rockaction and @KarmaPolice have poked around here and maybe could send a list?  Anyone else?

Saw this, but I'm not too interested in judging. I looked last night and it'd be near impossible. I saw a bunch of good entries that came from radically different styles. I listened to a bunch of songs that stood out to me and am surprised by how well they fit the theme. I can submit a vote if you absolutely need, but it sounds like enough people voted to make it a go. 

Gotta give love to this exercise because the result was so good across the board. I'm in for the next one, I think. It sounds like an interesting theme, if not what I expected (I had all my fall picks picked out...). Peace.

Saw this, but I'm not too interested in judging. I looked last night and it'd be near impossible. I saw a bunch of good entries that came from radically different styles. I listened to a bunch of songs that stood out to me and am surprised by how well they fit the theme. I can submit a vote if you absolutely need, but it sounds like enough people voted to make it a go. 

Gotta give love to this exercise because the result was so good across the board. I'm in for the next one, I think. It sounds like an interesting theme, if not what I expected (I had all my fall picks picked out...). Peace.

We have 20 voters, and no one should feel compelled to vote if they don't want to.  :)  

Damn, That pesky qualifier. I had so much good stuff lined up.  :lmao:

Well, you're still breaking up a long-term relationship, so it's not all rainbows and unicorns.  Maybe I should have said semi-amicably.  :lol:   I actually added that at the last minute to try to make it a little more complex and not just 100% despair.

Also, @Captain Cranks, this is your show so please feel free to delete "amicably" or adjust any way you wish, or if a bunch of people would prefer it that way.  As I said, I originally wrote it up worse - there was infidelity, both people had lost their jobs, etc. - and then I adjusted to make it more subtle in its emotion.

Also, @Captain Cranks, this is your show so please feel free to delete "amicably" or adjust any way you wish, or if a bunch of people would prefer it that way.  As I said, I originally wrote it up worse - there was infidelity, both people had lost their jobs, etc. - and then I adjusted to make it more subtle in its emotion.
I didn't prefer it either way, I was just laughing. It's good enough as is, IMO. Adds a little thought to it instead of people thinking to use outright misandristic or misogynistic sentiments. 

Just my two cents on the deal. It's fine. 

I didn't prefer it either way, I was just laughing. It's good enough as is, IMO. Adds a little thought to it instead of people thinking to use outright misandristic or misogynistic sentiments. 

Just my two cents on the deal. It's fine. 

There is definitely some opportunity for humor here...

Nope.  We're leaving it as the artist intended:  Open for personal interpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread