What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Tyrwhitt: $25 or $50 off thru Living Social 5/14/15 (5 Viewers)

big fan

would be a bigger fan if they added a button at the forearm. Especially for their french cuff style.

Their ties are :moneybag: too.
There's no forearm button?
If that's true that's kinda a drag... not a HUGE deal but..
It only bothers me with the french cuff shirts. I hardly notice it with the regular shirts.

Also, avoid their poplin shirts. Wrinkle magnets. I've got a white one that comes back from the cleaners essentially pre-wrinkled.

big fan

would be a bigger fan if they added a button at the forearm. Especially for their french cuff style.

Their ties are :moneybag: too.
There's no forearm button?
If that's true that's kinda a drag... not a HUGE deal but..
It only bothers me with the french cuff shirts. I hardly notice it with the regular shirts.

Also, avoid their poplin shirts. Wrinkle magnets. I've got a white one that comes back from the cleaners essentially pre-wrinkled.
Yeah it's much more noticeable when you go french cuff; it never bothers me on regular cuffs. Probably because I never button those on any shirts I've ever had.

Just got these shirts yesterday, big fan :thumbup:

One question, do they tend to shrink in the regular wash?

Just got these shirts yesterday, big fan :thumbup:

One question, do they tend to shrink in the regular wash?
Got mine in last week and tried them on quickly before sending them out to the dry cleaners for a cleaning/pressing.

They seemed pretty nice for the money. I got the slim fit, and it was definitely more slim than the Brooks Brothers slim fit. Nearly too slim for me. That said, if this diet of mine kicks into gear and I can drop 10 or 20lbs, they look like they'll be rocking shirts.

I'll report back once I'm not a fat ####.

$150 for three shirts and a free tie? #### I'll give them a whirl, can't be bad. :popcorn:
About 90% of my dress shirts have been Tyrwhitt for the last five years. I never get holes in the elbow which is the best way to indicate quality, as anyone in banking/finance will tell you. To me, their normal spread collars are also the best. Not too wide, not too short.Their retail stores have been expanding a lot in NYC.
I was a Brooks Brothers guy all my life, but I've heard enough good things about these that for 39 bucks, I'll give it a whirl. Curious to see. I'll post a comparo with the BB non-irons (I've probably owned 4 dozen) once these come in.

:popcorn:
Pretty big BB non-iron fan myself. Willing to try these. Can't beat the price. Thanks OP.
Same here, just stumbling upon this thread. BB non-iron shirts are $ and I've worn them for the past 7 years in the workforce, but I am looking for an alternative out. I'd like to think I could do slightly better than Jos. A. Bank traveler shirts without dropping $100 a pop.

Looking forward to the FBG review, Charles Tyrwhitt seems to be good from reviews I've seen on other websites.

Got mine and am wearing one today, along with the free tie. Have already had every person in the office comment on how nice the tie is.

The shirt is really nice, though the fabric is a bit more see-through in the arms than I'm used to. It's a quality shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like the fit of these, will look great when I shed this gut. My one complaint is I got the longest sleeve size (36?) and the sleeves are a little short for my liking. Maybe I can get custom 37" sleeves from them next time. But so far, not bad.

They are thinner material than the BB non irons, but I dint mind that, sometimes the BB ones start to feel like wearing canvas

Really like the fit of these, will look great when I shed this gut. My one complaint is I got the longest sleeve size (36?) and the sleeves are a little short for my liking. Maybe I can get custom 37" sleeves from them next time. But so far, not bad.

They are thinner material than the BB non irons, but I dint mind that, sometimes the BB ones start to feel like wearing canvas
Yep. Popped my cherry with my first batch of 4 CT shirts and love them. Also makes me want to lose 10 lbs but they are not too slim by any means.

Tried mine on yesterday. Great for $35. Running it through the wash and dry (I got the non-iron) to see how that goes

Yep. Popped my cherry with my first batch of 4 CT shirts and love them. Also makes me want to lose 10 lbs but they are not too slim by any means.
I have a rock hard body so these should fit me perfectly.

I ordered one to try out. So far not bad. I got the classic fit since I have a small tire but I probably could have gone the cut down (slim?). But it isn't poofy.

It is a little tight in the shoulders if I reach an arm across my body, but not uncomfortable. If I reach up, the arm holes at the wrists get tight in a hurry as it moves up my arm. I wear 32/33 normally; ordered a 33 and it seems slightly shorter than I expected. The shirt is a good quality overall. Colors are vivid and came through wash ok. Length is nice, tucks in well. Was bummed when I realized it didn't have a forearm button. Tie was nice.

For $39 it was a great deal. Will probably order more when I need some shirts.

I ordered one to try out. So far not bad. I got the classic fit since I have a small tire but I probably could have gone the cut down (slim?). But it isn't poofy.

It is a little tight in the shoulders if I reach an arm across my body, but not uncomfortable. If I reach up, the arm holes at the wrists get tight in a hurry as it moves up my arm. I wear 32/33 normally; ordered a 33 and it seems slightly shorter than I expected. The shirt is a good quality overall. Colors are vivid and came through wash ok. Length is nice, tucks in well. Was bummed when I realized it didn't have a forearm button. Tie was nice.

Agree on all. The big lesson for lots of us seems to be order an extra size in sleeve length. The arms run short. I have that same smugness when I reach around but I think that's good, means it's a good fit.

Thanks OP

Agree on all. The big lesson for lots of us seems to be order an extra size in sleeve length. The arms run short. I have that same smugness when I reach around but I think that's good, means it's a good fit. Thanks OP
I do enjoy a nice, smug reach around.

Agree on all. The big lesson for lots of us seems to be order an extra size in sleeve length. The arms run short. I have that same smugness when I reach around but I think that's good, means it's a good fit.Thanks OP
I do enjoy a nice, smug reach around.
Oops.

Got mine... ####### love them. There are a wide range of materials.. Pale yellow poplin I got is a great fabric. French cuffs are great. stitching is awesome. The slim fit is perfect. I went with 34.5" sleeves (custom obv) that was exactly right. I measured before ordering though.

For $35ish I will be gradually replacing all my shirts with these.

Living social has a deal from here right now. $25 for $50 store credit or $50 for $100. It gave me a $5 promo as well.

Link
:thanks:

Thats how I got in the game originally so wil do so again. Get the $50 for $100 so wind up getting 4 shirts for $200 deal for all-in cost of $150.

:thumbup:
Hrmm:

• Cannot use in conjunction with other offers (ie any other code or URL that is in the market)
It says on the website that it can be combined with any deal they have going, including the 4 for $200.

eta: link

So the consensus is order the sleeves a little longer than normal? What about slim vs. extra slim fit? 6'0, 190 here, fairly broad across the shoulders...

So the consensus is order the sleeves a little longer than normal? What about slim vs. extra slim fit? 6'0, 190 here, fairly broad across the shoulders...
Slim unless you like wearing your shirts very tight.
Agree. The slim is a lot slimmer than Brooks brothers slim. Extra slim must be for euro fashion model dudes.
Agreed. CT slim fit is more equivalent to BB extra slim fit. At 6'0 190, I'd go with CT slim fit.

I got a catalog for these guys recently. If you go to www.ctshirts.com/CHRIS you get pretty much the same shirt offering but at $39.50/shirt plus free shipping. So for 4 shirts you come in at the same price as this Living Social deal. Or you can just buy less items and not worry about getting over the threshold of $50/$100 that you bought the coupon for. If you just want to try 1 or 2 it works out nicely.

Agree. The slim is a lot slimmer than Brooks brothers slim. Extra slim must be for euro fashion model dudes.
Agreed. CT slim fit is more equivalent to BB extra slim fit. At 6'0 190, I'd go with CT slim fit.
What about at 5'10" and 185?

I'm 5'8" 160 and the extra slim fits, but if I was any bigger it wouldn't

I got a catalog for these guys recently. If you go to www.ctshirts.com/CHRIS you get pretty much the same shirt offering but at $39.50/shirt plus free shipping. So for 4 shirts you come in at the same price as this Living Social deal. Or you can just buy less items and not worry about getting over the threshold of $50/$100 that you bought the coupon for. If you just want to try 1 or 2 it works out nicely.
nice.

6' 215lb and slim is perfect for me... though I carry a lot more of my weight in shoulders/legs (cycling/lacrosse/etc) than most guys my weight.

Anyone ever tried a pair of CT shoes? I don't know..maybe they are always on sale, but $199 for regular $450 shoes and some of them look pretty sweet.

That's me right now, and I'd recommend the same - CT slim or BB extra slim.

I'm 6', 175-180ish and the extra slim fit perfectly. Gets rid of a lot of extra fabric without being too tight anywhere. Big fan.

Just checking in for the next big sale?

These have become my favorite shirts. As I'm dieting and starting to cut down on this belly, they're fitting better and better. Love the shirts, love the price. The tie I got in the deal has also become one of my favorites, nice and long, good quality, wear it all the time.

I'm looking to order another 3 (2 white, 1 blue maybe) along with a tie. Maybe more.

I'm 6', 175-180ish and the extra slim fit perfectly. Gets rid of a lot of extra fabric without being too tight anywhere. Big fan.
A lot of it depends on the neck size too. Slim fit varies as it relates to the neck size.

As others have said, the sleeves seem like they run 1" shorter than Brooks Brothers.

Once you're old like me, you start to find brands that work for you. For dress shirts, I've settled on Brooks Brothers Non Iron and Charles Tyrwhitt. CT's have the next to top button very close to the top button if you like that. Also have no pocket if that matters to you (although I'd guess you could order with a pocket). Have the two button cuffs if that matters. Very nice shirts. Big fan.

J

Shrugs said:
My experience is if you're a skinny guy, even the extra slims fit like tents.
I can see that. I'm not skinny and the extra slims fit right for me. If you're thin, probably better to try a more "modern" brand than Brooks Brothers or Charles Tyrwhitt.

J

big sale going on right now. Depending on the style, $39/shirt + $15 off orders of $75 or more.

I like these and am going to slowly work a few more into my wardrobe. Got a ton of BB shirts thought that I'm still working through

big sale going on right now. Depending on the style, $39/shirt + $15 off orders of $75 or more.

I like these and am going to slowly work a few more into my wardrobe. Got a ton of BB shirts thought that I'm still working through
Is there much word on what's going with the sale? Those are huge discounts from their normal prices. CT has always been one of those companies where they always have a special sale going on it seems. But this is extreme. Is there change coming for the company? Good for the customer. But seems like something bigger is going on.

J

Is there much word on what's going with the sale? Those are huge discounts from their normal prices. CT has always been one of those companies where they always have a special sale going on it seems. But this is extreme. Is there change coming for the company? Good for the customer. But seems like something bigger is going on.

J
They've been expanding pretty heavily in NYC for the past year or so, maybe it's part of a larger plan to get the brand out. As you said, the "normal" prices don't really mean much since they always have the 4 for $199 sale going, which I assume was set to beat out BB's 3 for $199.

J
They've been expanding pretty heavily in NYC for the past year or so, maybe it's part of a larger plan to get the brand out. As you said, the "normal" prices don't really mean much since they always have the 4 for $199 sale going, which I assume was set to beat out BB's 3 for $199.
Cool. I really do like the company and hope it stays solid. If it is a "expand" type strategy, it seems to be working. This thread is a good example. I'm sure there will be people who give them a shot based on the price. And fortunately for CT, the product is excellent so I'd guess that many of those will buy more.

The trouble though (and maybe this is more for the startup business thread) is that they're creating a situation where $39 is the normal price people expect to pay. Discounting like this is super interesting from a business angle.

J

J
Cool. I really do like the company and hope it stays solid. If it is a "expand" type strategy, it seems to be working. This thread is a good example. I'm sure there will be people who give them a shot based on the price. And fortunately for CT, the product is excellent so I'd guess that many of those will buy more.

The trouble though (and maybe this is more for the startup business thread) is that they're creating a situation where $39 is the normal price people expect to pay. Discounting like this is super interesting from a business angle.

J
FWIW, in NYC there's a new Italian shop called Camicissima on 48th and Broadway that opened a few months ago almost exactly across the street from CT's shop on 49th and 7th (I believe this was CT's first US store and it's been closed for a couple of weeks now since they had a fire) where they have been offering 3 shirts for $99. I haven't been in the Italian place, but I'm guessing this is in response to them.

Has anyone had these for awhile? One of my biggest complaints around the BB non-irons is the ring around the collar. Now that being said, I wear those shirts probably 15x/year each and have had some for many years....and the only complaint I have about BB is the ring. Perhaps I'm just trying to have my cake and eat it too...but just curious.

Has anyone had these for awhile? One of my biggest complaints around the BB non-irons is the ring around the collar. Now that being said, I wear those shirts probably 15x/year each and have had some for many years....and the only complaint I have about BB is the ring. Perhaps I'm just trying to have my cake and eat it too...but just curious.
I have to think you're going to get that with any shirt you wear frequently. I wear my BBs into the ground and have the same issue. I'm expecting the same with CT. Normal wear and tear.

Do you launder your shirts? I've found that laundering them rather than exclusively dry cleaning them eliminates the ring issue.

Do you launder your shirts? I've found that laundering them rather than exclusively dry cleaning them eliminates the ring issue.
Can't (or at least not supposed to) launder non-iron shirts. Prolly just normal wear-tear like Oat said

Can't (or at least not supposed to) launder non-iron shirts. Prolly just normal wear-tear like Oat said
BB's own site says their non-irons are machine-washable. I haven't owned any, so I don't have any direct experience, but have you tried it? I launder and dry my other wrinkle-free shirts on a delicate setting with low temps.

Users who are viewing this thread