What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Tyrwhitt: $25 or $50 off thru Living Social 5/14/15 (4 Viewers)

I would launder them in the washing machine as usual but let them hang dry and iron them myself. Buy a decent iron and board and you're all set.

ETA: Didn't see this was for the non-iron shirts. For the non-iron ones I'll throw them in the dryer on delicate also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I interest you in 5 shirts for $29.99 each?

www.ctshirts.com/DENZEL

Ordered 5 last week...guess I was just selfish and didn't share the code. Good looking out Sammy3469. Can't beat that deal.

:thumbup:

Any feedback on the iron vs. non-iron material? I currently get all of my shirts laundered and pressed, but I suppose that could change. Can you iron non-iron shirts? That may sound kind of dumb, but a pressed shirt that doesn't wrinkle during the day would be quite nice.

I used to wear non-iron cotton trousers, but switched to all wool years ago. That's really my only experience with non-iron or wrinkle resistant clothes.

I will do some research, but any feedback would be helpful.

Any feedback on the iron vs. non-iron material? I currently get all of my shirts laundered and pressed, but I suppose that could change. Can you iron non-iron shirts? That may sound kind of dumb, but a pressed shirt that doesn't wrinkle during the day would be quite nice.

I used to wear non-iron cotton trousers, but switched to all wool years ago. That's really my only experience with non-iron or wrinkle resistant clothes.

I get all my shirts dry-cleaned and pressed...even the non-iron ones look better after a pressing. Just because they don't "wrinkle," doesn't mean they don't still look better pressed to get that crispness.

I get all my shirts dry-cleaned and pressed...even the non-iron ones look better after a pressing. Just because they don't "wrinkle," doesn't mean they don't still look better pressed to get that crispness.
Thanks for the feedback. How is the fabric compared to normal cotton?

Anyone ever tried a pair of CT shoes? I don't know..maybe they are always on sale, but $199 for regular $450 shoes and some of them look pretty sweet.
No, but I did a little research. Most are made by Loake. Decent, but ignore the "regular price" and the sense you are getting a deal. They aren't sold for that much.
Loake makes quality shoes. $200 is a good deal if you like them.Edit:

I will elaborate a bit. Loake's higher end model (1880 I believe) is a decent buy at $200. It's a slight step down from Allen Edmonds or Grenson, but not much. I actually like the Loake and Grenson styling better than AE or Alden (with a few exceptions), but they generally aren't available to try on and returns are a pain.

I don't get their size chart. How can they expect someone with a 36 in chest to have a 40 inch waist and be extra slim. what am I missing?

I only bought 5 more, feel like I should have doubled that. Pls. Keep posting these deals!

Thanks to everyone for the thread and Sammy for the code. I received the shirts today and really like them. They are a steal at this price.

My additions:

These have a semi-spread collar as the standard. Their spread is more of a cutaway. I actually like both, but just be aware.

I am 34 sleeve and ordered 35 based on advice in here. The advice was accurate. The sleeves run a tad short and the 35s fit great.

I am 5'11" 195 and 16-16.5 neck. The slim was snug. Perfectly wearable, but I definitely could lose 5-10 lbs. stepping up would be too big I think. I'm just putting that here as a point of reference for anyone else.

got mine as well. Great shirts, good fit but I think next time I will try the extra slim. I get the neck size a little bigger (17) than i probably should, but I've always found that more comfortable. I think the extra slim will cancel that out nicely.

I do miss the forearm button. I usually end up cuffing my sleeves about 10 minutes into the day and that button helps keep things nice and neat. Definitely not a deal breaker though.

Thanks to everyone for the thread and Sammy for the code. I received the shirts today and really like them. They are a steal at this price.

My additions:

These have a semi-spread collar as the standard. Their spread is more of a cutaway. I actually like both, but just be aware.

I am 34 sleeve and ordered 35 based on advice in here. The advice was accurate. The sleeves run a tad short and the 35s fit great.

I am 5'11" 195 and 16-16.5 neck. The slim was snug. Perfectly wearable, but I definitely could lose 5-10 lbs. stepping up would be too big I think. I'm just putting that here as a point of reference for anyone else.
Just got mine and these shirts are awesome. Agree with you on the sleeves. I usually wear 34/35, and the CT 35s are the perfect length. I got the slim and they fit well, although the are slightly bigger than I anticipated. If these were custom shirts, I'd have then cut a little slimmer. But I'm guessing the extra slim would be to tight, so I'm happy with how these fit at the price point. Quality and feel of these shirts is outstanding. First French cuffs I've worn in a while.

I got mine as well. I was always a BB slim fit guy and I am a huge fan of these. The fit is much better - more tailored. I also like the feel of the fabric better. I guess I'm officially a convert.

How do you guys launder the non-iron? For my BB shirts, my wife would always wash and hang dry and I would put them in the dryer the fluff them before wearing. Can I do the same here?

Living social has a deal from here right now. $25 for $50 store credit or $50 for $100. It gave me a $5 promo as well.

Link
Pinche I bought this coupon and didnt get around to using it. Promotional value expired 4/27. Usually get some sort of email reminder. I mustve missed it.

I did notice that the $29.50 DENZEL deal goes thru 6/30 which is nice.

About shirts for only $29.50:Orders are limited to one order of up to 5 shirts. The $29.50 shirt offer applies to Charles Tyrwhitt’s dress or sport shirts originally priced at $140 or $160. Piqué polos offer price is $39.50, originally priced at $110 and $120. Woven tie offer price is $39.50, original price $100. Handmade tie offer price is $59, original price $170. Offers are not valid in conjunction with any other offers or vouchers, or on website clearance section. Offer ends at midnight GMT on Monday 30th June 2014. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or extend these offers at any time, without prior notice.

So if I typically get a Joseph A Bank Traveler Shirt in the Tailored Fit at a 16 neck and 34 sleeve, what should I order from these guys?

If the sleeve length ends up being wrong, how easy are they for exchanges?

And finally, how do these compare to the "custom" shirts you can get from a company like Paul Frederick?

Ordered 4 a week ago and received 3 on Monday (one back ordered) and very pleased. I then ordered 5 more on the $29 deal that won't ship until June 9.

I'm 5'10 175 lbs and ordered 16.5" x 35" slim fit. Sleeves (went 1" longer than usual), shoulders, chest fit good but feel like there could be a little less material from chest down. They're very wearable and still a good deal just not perfect fitting. I'd have gone extra slim on the new batch but color/style options were few, so went with slim again. I did go w/ a few "business casual" options this time, maybe they are cut a little differently...

The shirts are also a little longer than my BB shirts of same size (less the 1" in the sleeve). I'm thinking they might be a tad too long to look good untucked with jeans. Has anyone machine washed then machine dried these things? Do they shrink a little? I wouldn't mind a little shrinkage but don't want to ruin them. Will probably experiment with one.

Ordered 4 a week ago and received 3 on Monday (one back ordered) and very pleased. I then ordered 5 more on the $29 deal that won't ship until June 9.

I'm 5'10 175 lbs and ordered 16.5" x 35" slim fit. Sleeves (went 1" longer than usual), shoulders, chest fit good but feel like there could be a little less material from chest down. They're very wearable and still a good deal just not perfect fitting. I'd have gone extra slim on the new batch but color/style options were few, so went with slim again. I did go w/ a few "business casual" options this time, maybe they are cut a little differently...

The shirts are also a little longer than my BB shirts of same size (less the 1" in the sleeve). I'm thinking they might be a tad too long to look good untucked with jeans. Has anyone machine washed then machine dried these things? Do they shrink a little? I wouldn't mind a little shrinkage but don't want to ruin them. Will probably experiment with one.
You and I are very similar in size. I too wish they were just a touch smaller in the midsection.

I don't wear any dress shirts untucked (all of them look too long to me) but I have a buddy who liked to and would just take them to the tailor. He'd cut off a few inches, do whatever magic necessary to make them look normal on the bottom, and he was good to go.

Think it cost him like $10 a shirt and that's city prices.

I don't get their size chart. How can they expect someone with a 36 in chest to have a 40 inch waist and be extra slim. what am I missing?
This is why I'm passing on this deal. Seems their sizing has been super sized.
That's not what I see on the size chart I'm looking at.
Oh, I see. Their waist is measured 8in below armhole. It's not a pants waist.
Yeah. And on the sizing chart I see, a shirt with a 36 chest would have a 37 "waist," not a 40.

You and I are very similar in size. I too wish they were just a touch smaller in the midsection.
First of all stop talking to yourself.

Second of all I hate you bastards who are like "oh man I'm too skinny for my shirts."

EYEROLLLZ :hot:

So if I typically get a Joseph A Bank Traveler Shirt in the Tailored Fit at a 16 neck and 34 sleeve, what should I order from these guys?

If the sleeve length ends up being wrong, how easy are they for exchanges?

And finally, how do these compare to the "custom" shirts you can get from a company like Paul Frederick?
Exchanges are easy and free.

bigbottom said:
culdeus said:
bigbottom said:
culdeus said:
This is why I'm passing on this deal. Seems their sizing has been super sized.
That's not what I see on the size chart I'm looking at.
Oh, I see. Their waist is measured 8in below armhole. It's not a pants waist.
Yeah. And on the sizing chart I see, a shirt with a 36 chest would have a 37 "waist," not a 40.
Well, I did email them about this. I wonder if they corrected it recently.

Got my 5 new ones today. My first three that I got a couple months ago, although my favorite shirts, are a little short in the sleeves and a little tight for a guy with my...uhm... girth. I went up a half neck size, which allowed me to go up a sleeve length too, and bam, these new ones are practically custom fitted. Awesome fit, great shirts, and at 29 bucks a pop I feel like I robbed the joint.

Easily the best dress shirts I've ever owned and at the best price I've ever paid. What a find. Thanks FFA. :thumbup:

I'm 6', 175-180ish and the extra slim fit perfectly. Gets rid of a lot of extra fabric without being too tight anywhere. Big fan.
6-1 and 185lbs. Athletic cut torso...broad shoulders and thin waist. I don't want fabric bunched up when I tuck it in. Guy I quoted here says extra slim fits perfectly but I've got a little on him....would I be pushing my luck with extra slim cut?

I'm 6', 175-180ish and the extra slim fit perfectly. Gets rid of a lot of extra fabric without being too tight anywhere. Big fan.
6-1 and 185lbs. Athletic cut torso...broad shoulders and thin waist. I don't want fabric bunched up when I tuck it in. Guy I quoted here says extra slim fits perfectly but I've got a little on him....would I be pushing my luck with extra slim cut?
What's the neck size?

J

Users who are viewing this thread