What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Check in if you're staying home New Year's (1 Viewer)

Same. Home and don't care. Back from a nice dinner with friends.  Kids playing board games, and I just finished watching the USA/Canada hockey game on DVR 

Now a few hours of bad music from people I don't know anything about and then bed. Happy new year. 

My daughter is having a sleep over & one of the mothers brought the largest Starbucks mocha java chip over for all of them.  

I don't think she likes us.

Also having 2-3 couples and 4 cougary divorcee friends of my wife over.  

This year I am and a good thing as it is actually raining right now in L.A. So I won't get wet - but my girlfriend will, as I gave her some money earlier in the week and told her to pick up something and she is getting some chicken wings and sushi (and some other stuff which is a surprise) plus I got a cheesecake in the fridge for desert.

Got a couple of DVD's to watch. Don Siegel's underrated Charley Varrick (with Walter Matthau) plus Singing In The Rain, in honor of Debbie Reynolds, which will probably bring in 2016.

Happy New Year everyone!

For those of you going to bed early and not watching football tomorrow (or have room on the DVR), Turner Classic has a nice Hitchcock marathon starting at 6 am ET.

Actually went out with the family to dinner in Cincinnati earlier.  Now partying at with the family.  2 TICKETS TO PARADISE!! 

I'm still wearing what I slept in last night and have no intention of changing. No way we are making it to midnight. 

Home with the wife and kids.  Making chicken wings right now,  also have a shrimp ring and a veggie tray and summer sausage and cheese plate.  A family party,  if you will.  

Buckeye game is on the DVR,  won't have to watch commercials. 

12 pack of Sam Adams is halfway gone. 

Home with the wife and kids.  Making chicken wings right now,  also have a shrimp ring and a veggie tray and summer sausage and cheese plate.  A family party,  if you will.  

Buckeye game is on the DVR,  won't have to watch commercials. 

12 pack of Sam Adams is halfway gone. 

better finish it if you are waiting on the game

Even when i partied I didn't go out on amateur night. Hanging at the house.  Gonna get my smoke on and game for a bit. Wife is on the Facebook doing her thing.

Home with some drinks, the wife, one of two kids and a pretty uninteresting college football semifinal.

Once Clemson finishes this one off, I guess I'll flip around and see what's happening on the countdown shows.  Woo hoo.

Staying in at home w/wife and my daughter back from college w/some of her friends over.  Just rented Jason Bourne.  On my 3rd Jack and Coke.

Yay!  I'm so exciting!  If my 25 year old self could see me now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staying in at home w/wife and my daughter back from college w/some of her friends over.  Just rented Jason Bourne.  On my 3rd Jack and Coke.

Yay!  I'm so exciting!  If my 25 year old self could see me now.
My twenty-five year-old self knew this was coming and proceeded headlong and apace.

Was out at friends, wife got sick, so I had to drive her back home while all the kids stayed over at the NYE party.  Looks like a boring night for me, beats working though.

I usually do Vegas for NYE-but I'll be there in early February--so didn't feel like going out there this year.  I got invitied to about 10 parties here in so cal--but I don't really feel like driving around in the rain with the drunks out to party hop.    Happily decided to lay low and have a rare lounging night--and so far--I'm digging my decision.   Regardless of what you are all doing on New Years--I do wish you all a very Happy New Year--and I thank you all for being a very fun facet of my life.  

Home here with Mrs. Smails.  Original plan was to have 2 other couples over but one of them must have read the fighting with the SO thread.  They bailed so decided to go solo.  We're not big going out anyway with those that feel like they have a license to be stupid.  Crab legs, watchin' Fergie on Rockin' Eve, sippin' wine, get nekkid, crash before midnight.

Had a nice dinner at a local Italian place, 3 bottles of wine in and the wife is passed out. Great night already. Who needs midnight.

Happy New Year!

Don Lemon hammered again on NYE and getting his ear pierced live on CNN.  :lmao:

He was going to get his nipple peieced and started unbuttoning his shirt, but his co-host stopped him.

I'm playing board games with the wife and kids -- just had round four of appetizers -- taco dip, crab stuffed mushrooms, loaded potato skins, pigs in blankets thus far. Shrimp cocktail and veggies / dip throughout, samosas w/ chutney from the local Indian place and spring rolls on deck. About 10 beers deep, wife tipsy too, sure I'll be getting it on later.

Honestly wouldn't rather be anywhere else.

proninja said:
My wife is due with #2 on the 9th. I had brain surgery a couple weeks ago. Yeah, we're staying in. 

I mean, we'd probably be staying in without any of those factors, but those seal the deal. 
Another surgery? How you doing?

proninja said:
Yeah, the shunt they put in in January in Bangkok got badly infected. Had to pull it. I'm recovering from meningitis and another surgery as we speak. The good news is that I don't actually need the shunt, and the recovery for this one is a lot less. 

Everyone else is complaining about 2016 and I'm all "boy, sorry to hear about all of your problems reading the ####### news."
Praying for the ability to pray for you. Seriously, get well soon!

Watching the Pitbull New Years party, and wife and I are commenting on all the old time acts they are rolling out.  As soon as Naughty by Nature came out, I sniffed the air and asked if she smelled mothballs.  She spit her beer all over the place.  

Trust me, it was hilarious.  You had to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread