What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicago run defense (1 Viewer)

sportsphysio

Footballguy
I have not had the chance to watch Chicago at all this year. Recent history tells me they have a dominant defense, but what is the outlook this weekend against the Jaguars run offense? Is the Chicago run defense likely to shut the Jaguars down? I know ADP has done well against them, but not sure about how the matchup looks this weekend.

Thanks!

I have not had the chance to watch Chicago at all this year. Recent history tells me they have a dominant defense, but what is the outlook this weekend against the Jaguars run offense? Is the Chicago run defense likely to shut the Jaguars down? I know ADP has done well against them, but not sure about how the matchup looks this weekend.Thanks!
You don't have to watch them to see the horrid stats recently aginst the run

If I could tell you I would, I just don't know which defense is going to show up from week to week, the one that gives up 10 rushing yards or the one that gives up 200 rushing yards, we will find out tomorrow I guess

Me too

Portis has been solid and has a better chance at decent points

MJD had about 65 total yards last week and 20 came in garbage time... against the Texans.

I think the Jags may be cashing it in where as the Redskins still play hard.

Bad_Mo said:
sportsphysio said:
I have not had the chance to watch Chicago at all this year. Recent history tells me they have a dominant defense, but what is the outlook this weekend against the Jaguars run offense? Is the Chicago run defense likely to shut the Jaguars down? I know ADP has done well against them, but not sure about how the matchup looks this weekend.Thanks!
Horrid stats? RB1 and RB2s over the last four weeksWeek 10 vs Tenn: CJ3 14/8/0 - Lendale 10/14/1Week 11 vs GB: Grant 25/145/1 - Jackson 10/50/0Week 12 vs StL: Pittman 9/8/00 - Darby 7/10/0Week 13 vs Minn: ADP 28/131/1 - Taylor 10/46/1I have a hard time calling each of the previous 4 weeks horrid. As a matter of fact, 2 of the weeks were elite run D numbers and one of those 2 weeks was against one of the best running teams in the NFL.It's basically a crap shoot as to which Bear Defense shows up each Sunday. Anyone trying telling you they know what to expect is a fool.

What may stop the Jax run game will be the cold weather Sunday. Also, if the Bears get out to a lead, that will slow it down too. If I had MJD, I still roll dice with him. Just don't expect big numbers. I think FF scoring will be down tomorrow, as there are many cold weather games.

Bears are home after three straight road games and will be fired up, and benefit from the crowd. It will be cold, they will hit Jax in the mouth, and the Jags will start thinking about their flight home to warm FLA.

The Jags run game has struggled all year under favorable conditions; I don't see them suddenly picking it up in hostile conditions.

Bad_Mo said:
sportsphysio said:
Horrid stats? RB1 and RB2s over the last four weeksWeek 10 vs Tenn: CJ3 14/8/0 - Lendale 10/14/1Week 11 vs GB: Grant 25/145/1 - Jackson 10/50/0Week 12 vs StL: Pittman 9/8/00 - Darby 7/10/0Week 13 vs Minn: ADP 28/131/1 - Taylor 10/46/1I have a hard time calling each of the previous 4 weeks horrid. As a matter of fact, 2 of the weeks were elite run D numbers and one of those 2 weeks was against one of the best running teams in the NFL.It's basically a crap shoot as to which Bear Defense shows up each Sunday. Anyone trying telling you they know what to expect is a fool.
I would liken JAX's RBs to those of MINN and GB not STL in terms of talent. I throw out the STL game because STL blows without SJax and is always playing from behind. They did do a good job vs. TENN, but 195 and a TD and 177 and 2 TDs is horrid, IMO. I guess I should revise my earlier comment because, by watching the def, they appear to be worse than their stats indicate.

They won't give up 6 yard runs all day, but they will give up big plays. I expect to see the Jax RBs alternately stuffed at the line then ripping off 20-yard runs.

They won't give up 6 yard runs all day, but they will give up big plays. I expect to see the Jax RBs alternately stuffed at the line then ripping off 20-yard runs.
Sounds to me like you're writing from the viewpoint of a frustrated Bears fan. From the viewpoint of a frustrated MJD owner, I can tell you he's had one run of more than 20 yards all season and I don't expect to see another one today.

Sounds to me like you're writing from the viewpoint of a frustrated Bears fan. From the viewpoint of a frustrated MJD owner, I can tell you he's had one run of more than 20 yards all season and I don't expect to see another one today.
It looks to me like the Chicago defense shows up at home (see Tenn) and not on the road (see Minn).

Users who are viewing this thread