What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicgao Bears (1 Viewer)

kinglochness

Footballguy
I was trying to remember when I saw a fantasy defense do what the Bears did today and I can't remember if there has ever been one. They ended up with 41 points allowed, 3 TD's, 2 sacks, 4 int's, a fumble recovery, and a blocked kick. I know they gave up 41 points, but have you ever seen any team come close to the rest of that stat line?

First of all they had only 2 DEF/ST TDs today. Second of all there's been plenty of better defensive fantasy games before.

I was trying to remember when I saw a fantasy defense do what the Bears did today and I can't remember if there has ever been one. They ended up with 41 points allowed, 3 TD's, 2 sacks, 4 int's, a fumble recovery, and a blocked kick. I know they gave up 41 points, but have you ever seen any team come close to the rest of that stat line?
2005 Seattle: 3 TD's, 4 INT, 2 FR, 4 sacks, ZERO points allowed.

It wasn't even the highest scoring DEF team output in my league so far this year. The Packers DEF versus the Lions in week 2 outscored this Bears DEF perfromance 16-15.

First of all they had only 2 DEF/ST TDs today. Second of all there's been plenty of better defensive fantasy games before.
Yahoo has it 3 DEF/ST TDs while CBS has it 2 :yes:
Garrett Wolfe had a blocked kick TD and Zachary Bowman recovered a muffed punt for a TD. Also, Desmond Clark fumbled at the 1 YD, and Rashied Davis recovered it for an offensive fumble recovery TD.Depending on league scoring, that could probably count as anywhere from 0 to 3 TD's. Most leagues probably wouldn't count the Davis one as DST touchdown. Interestingly, none of them was your classic INT return for TD or fumble return for TD, or even a kick/punt return for TD.

ESPN seems to not be counting the blocked kick or mufed punt retuirns as special teams or blocked kick return TD's in my league.

In 2000 the Titans demolished the Cowboys on the last night of MNF that season. They scored twice, had plenty of sacks and turnovers, shut the Cowboys out and allowed less than 100 yards of total offense.

Philly's Defense vs Pit in Week 3... 6 pts allowed, 9 sacks, 1 safety, 1 interception, 2 fumble recoveries... no TD's, but that was the highest score of any D (in my league) so far this year.. 24 fp.

Yahoo has it 3 DEF/ST TDs while CBS has it 2 :X
Garrett Wolfe had a blocked kick TD and Zachary Bowman recovered a muffed punt for a TD. Also, Desmond Clark fumbled at the 1 YD, and Rashied Davis recovered it for an offensive fumble recovery TD.Depending on league scoring, that could probably count as anywhere from 0 to 3 TD's. Most leagues probably wouldn't count the Davis one as DST touchdown. Interestingly, none of them was your classic INT return for TD or fumble return for TD, or even a kick/punt return for TD.
Looks like CBS changed the Rashied Davis TD to a defensive touchdown as well.

1. 158. Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 2006 15 Free Agent 31.002. 213. Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 2007 5 Free Agent 30.003. 256. Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def 2007 12 Red Storm - S 29.004. 367. Bears, Chicago CHI Def 2006 13 French Ticklers - S 27.005. 368. Packers, Green Bay GBP Def 2006 17 Free Agent 27.006. 445. Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 2006 12 T-Bones - S 26.007. 448. Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 2006 8 Free Agent 26.008. 449. Chargers, San Diego SDC Def 2007 10 Dingleberries - S 26.009. 454. Lions, Detroit DET Def 2007 9 Red Storm - S 26.0010. 535. Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def 2006 5 Free Agent 25.0011. 537. Raiders, Oakland OAK Def 2006 8 Free Agent 25.00
From just the past 3 years with minimal Points allowed scoring. Bears scored 24 (with another 7 teams tied)

2005 Seattle: 3 TD's, 4 INT, 2 FR, 4 sacks, ZERO points allowed.
I STILL remember that game! (or more accurately, the FF def score). I think that was the highest score EVER in our league, not just for a DEF. We score for pts & yds allowed, plus 10 pts for def tds. I'd have to dig, but I think they put up 60+ points in our format. (looking at their stats above, if they held em under 200yds of total offense, they would have scored 61)The Bears only had 32 yest, which isn't even their best score this year, let alone the best ever.

In 2000 the Titans demolished the Cowboys on the last night of MNF that season. They scored twice, had plenty of sacks and turnovers, shut the Cowboys out and allowed less than 100 yards of total offense.
I remember this one well...we played the whole 17 weeks back then and one of the guys in the championship game had the Titans and was losing going into the Monday nighter...not any more!

Users who are viewing this thread