What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs give Keyshawn the Heisman? (1 Viewer)

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
Keyshawn Johnson placed a call to Kansas City president/general manager Carl Peterson last week. Johnson had just been released by Dallas to make room for Owens. And as usual, he was very direct. “I’d really like to be a Chief,” Johnson told Peterson. Peterson said Tuesday that he appreciates the interest, but the Chiefs have told Johnson to wait a couple of weeks until the franchise addresses some needs on defense.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14154940.htm :lmao: :lmao:

Chiefs could use him, though. With Johnson and Gonzales taking the short and intermediate routes and Eddie stretching the field, it could make for a potent passing offense.

Chiefs could use him, though. With Johnson and Gonzales taking the short and intermediate routes and Eddie stretching the field, it could make for a potent passing offense.
Keyshawn was offered a multi-year 3-4mill from the Giants and he walked away. :no: He'll come down to reality soon.I agree they could use him.

How many other teams did Keyshaun call and say, "I want to be a __________."

He shoulda called Denver, Baltimore, San Fran (who dey gonna throw the ball to there with Lloyd gone?), Buffalo, Bears, Eagles, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, San Diego, Houston, Jets, Pats, and the Vikings. All could use help at WR.

About the only teams he shouldn't be calling are the Rams, Colts, and the Bucs.

He shoulda called Denver, Baltimore, San Fran (who dey gonna throw the ball to there with Lloyd gone?), Buffalo, Bears, Eagles, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, San Diego, Houston, Jets, Pats, and the Vikings. All could use help at WR.

This begs the question, why aren't they calling him?

Keyshawn Johnson placed a call to Kansas City president/general manager Carl Peterson last week. Johnson had just been released by Dallas to make room for Owens. And as usual, he was very direct. “I’d really like to be a Chief,” Johnson told Peterson. Peterson said Tuesday that he appreciates the interest, but the Chiefs have told Johnson to wait a couple of weeks until the franchise addresses some needs on defense.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14154940.htm :lmao: :lmao:
Are you implying Carl Peterson is lying to Key here? That would be a mistake as Peterson is one of the more straight up talkers when it comes to players. On March 15th we said on our site that Key's decision would come down to New England and Kansas City with Johnson ending up in New England...don't see it any differently today other than it's gonna be a little longer than we predicted as to when he actually signs the contract. Key would be an excellent fit in Kansas City and Peterson and the Chiefs know this...

:football:
No, I'm not implying anything, I do think it's rather funny that Key called KC and "he" was put on hold. The Giants offered a multi-year deal @ 3-4 mill and Key walked away. He's making a mistake. Good luck on your quest Key!P.S

The reason why it's taking so long.................Keyshawn is still dreaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many big, strong possession receivers that catch 95% of the balls thrown their way are out there? He'd be a great signing for any team looking to move the chains on 3rd downs.

How many big, strong possession receivers that catch 95% of the balls thrown their way are out there? He'd be a great signing for any team looking to move the chains on 3rd downs.
:goodposting: Don't understand why he didn't take the Giants offer. I thought they went in a little high and he still said no. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he still thinks he can be "The Man"? :shrug:

:link: to where he rejected the supposed offer?

-----------------------------------------

Via Rotoworld:

Keyshawn Johnson - WR - Cowboys

The Giants reportedly made an offer to Keyshawn Johnson.

It's believed to be a multi-year conctract for $3-4 million per year. If the sure-handed receiver accepts, he'll become teammates with Tiki Barber, who's brother Ronde Keyshawn once called an "Uncle Tom." Mar. 22 - 10:57 am et

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Parker in the slot will stretch the field.That offense would kick some major tail again with Gonzo, Key, Kennison and Parker.

Do not overlook Keyshawn's desire and ability to block downfield. The team that signs Key will improve their running game tremoundously. Scary thought if that team is KC.

Agreed. I think the Chiefs would be one of the top teams for Meshawn. I think he could help them out quite a bit. Despite his past problems, he still has some of the best hands in the NFL. If the Chiefs can come to terms with him, and Meshawn doesn't expect the farm, I think it'd be a good match.

Via Rotoworld:

It's believed to be a multi-year conctract for $3-4 million per year. If the sure-handed receiver accepts, he'll become teammates with Tiki Barber, who's brother Ronde Keyshawn once called an "Uncle Tom." Mar. 22 - 10:57 am et

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?...2980.xml&coll=1
Wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson came back to town for two days. The only question is whether he'll be returning soon for a much longer stay. As reported in yesterday's Star-Ledger, the 33-year-old former Jet visited the Giants, who made a big push to sign him before he left Giants Stadium. Three people with knowledge of the offer said it was a multiyear deal, paying Johnson between $3 million and 4 million in the first year. All of the people spoke on condition of anonymity because the negotiations could continue at a later date. Though Johnson departed yesterday without a deal, the Giants remain viable contenders for his services. Johnson will mull over his visit with the Giants and might meet with more teams in the coming days.
Edit to add: A caller close to Key called ESPN yesterday said it wasn't what Key feels he is worth. :shock:

He shoulda called Denver, Baltimore, San Fran (who dey gonna throw the ball to there with Lloyd gone?), Buffalo, Bears, Eagles, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, San Diego, Houston, Jets, Pats, and the Vikings.  All could use help at WR. 

that's easy. Let him sweat, get nervous that he won't sign, and the price will drop a bit.

Parker in the slot will stretch the field.That offense would kick some major tail again with Gonzo, Key, Kennison and Parker.

Do not overlook Keyshawn's desire and ability to block downfield. The team that signs Key will improve their running game tremoundously. Scary thought if that team is KC.
Agreed, as an LJ owner, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Via Rotoworld:

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?...2980.xml&coll=1
Wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson came back to town for two days. The only question is whether he'll be returning soon for a much longer stay. As reported in yesterday's Star-Ledger, the 33-year-old former Jet visited the Giants, who made a big push to sign him before he left Giants Stadium. Three people with knowledge of the offer said it was a multiyear deal, paying Johnson between $3 million and 4 million in the first year. All of the people spoke on condition of anonymity because the negotiations could continue at a later date. Though Johnson departed yesterday without a deal, the Giants remain viable contenders for his services. Johnson will mull over his visit with the Giants and might meet with more teams in the coming days.
Edit to add: A caller close to Key called ESPN yesterday said it wasn't what Key feels he is worth. :shock:
If I saw what Randle El just got, I'd probably want more too. It doesn't sound like Keyshawn is writing the Giants off at all. I believe he's right in believing quite a number of teams would pay him $3-$4 million this season. :2cents:

The Bucs? What am I missing here? I don't see their WR corps being in the same class as Indy or the Rams.

He'd make a great Eagle...great hands, has the size, possession type Wr who knows the WCO. That being said, Key walking away from 3-4 Million from the Giants, lol, theres no way the Birds' pony up that much money, that is if the Birds' are interested at all..regardless Key is undervalued player right now and he could help a team in the right system.

The Bucs? What am I missing here? I don't see their WR corps being in the same class as Indy or the Rams.
You're missing the fact that Gruden benched him for the last half of the season 2 years ago very much like TO got benched from the Eagles. They basically said they would pay him bout would rather not have him on the team or in the locker room. I doubt Gruden would accept Key with open arms....

He has already been offered $3.5M a year from the Giants. Have many teams want to beat that?

Keyshawn's problem he thinks he worth 3 times more then he really is.

And his mouth and negative locker room influence.

He is worth the 2 million a year he is being offered. But not the 5 million a year he wants. Simple as that.

He didn;t really help Dallas running game all that much last couple years. Good blocker but to think he won't be crying when he has to block all the time for Larry?

If I was an owner I would be asking myself. Do the positives out weigh the negatives? I don't think he will get any more then Giants offered!

We will see!

He shoulda called Denver, Baltimore, San Fran (who dey gonna throw the ball to there with Lloyd gone?), Buffalo, Bears, Eagles, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, San Diego, Houston, Jets, Pats, and the Vikings.  All could use help at WR. 

You're missing the fact that Gruden benched him for the last half of the season 2 years ago very much like TO got benched from the Eagles. They basically said they would pay him bout would rather not have him on the team or in the locker room. I doubt Gruden would accept Key with open arms....
:wall: That would be it. :own3d:

He has already been offered $3.5M a year from the Giants. Have many teams want to beat that?
He was just given that offer, he was cut last week. He called KC before he visisted the Giants.

I heard Key on Sirius last week and he said (paraphrased):

"You know what I bring to the table. Never take a play off - play 1,000 snaps every season, going over the middle, blocking. If someone wants to pay me 2.5 million, then they'll get 2.5 million worth of me - I'll play 30% of the snaps, not block. (chuckles) But, if they want to pay me what I'm worth, they'll get the whole package. If no one wants to pay me what I'm worth, I'll run my restaurant and pursue my other business ventures."

I'm guessing "what I'm worth" isn't 3 million per. I think he wants 5-6m per season minimum.

"You know what I bring to the table. Never take a play off - play 1,000 snaps every season, going over the middle, blocking. If someone wants to pay me 2.5 million, then they'll get 2.5 million worth of me - I'll play 30% of the snaps, not block. (chuckles) But, if they want to pay me what I'm worth, they'll get the whole package. If no one wants to pay me what I'm worth, I'll run my restaurant and pursue my other business ventures."

I'm guessing "what I'm worth" isn't 3 million per. I think he wants 5-6m per season minimum.
Hello restaurant ...

Not that I'm accusing Key of being a math major here, but if $2.5 is 30% of what he thinks he's worth, he's looking for more than $8.25 mil .... On the same note, that comment alone drops his value. my praphrase: "If I'm not paid what I'm worth, I'll only give you what I think I owe you." What ever happend to giving 110% every play? Threatening to "jake" puts him squarely in TO territory, IMO

Key's got a big mouth, but he's always played with all his heart. I think he's looking for about $7 million, which is about what Moulds wants too. My guess is that he will get signed, but for about $5 million.

Users who are viewing this thread