What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs WR projections (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
Patrick Mahomes is wonderful and his targets should play well.
That said, there's too much positivity about "every" target. They're all not getting 1000 yards receiving.
Can we share some projections for Mahomes and each of his WRs please?

That said, there's too much positivity about "every" target. They're all not getting 1000 yards receiving.

I wouldn't be shocked if none of the Chiefs WRs go over 1000 yards.
  • JJSS 113 targets 75-837-7 WR31
  • Skyy 87 targets 55-706-6 WR54
  • Mecole 69 targets 48-623-5 WR60
  • MVS 75 targets 39-748-5 WR63
Source: Mike Clay's awesome projection booklet

Clay does skew conservative, so that might be a tad on the low side. But the rankings are usually solid.

Personally, I'm targeting Moore over Hardman.

I'm expecting the pecking order to go:

1. Kelce=100-1300-9
2. JuJu=65-900-6
3. Moore=50-700-6
4. MVS=40-600-4
5. Hardman=40-500-2

Kelce is going to have a monster year. The rest are going to be week to week plays depending on matchup and what you need.

I wouldn't be shocked if none of the Chiefs WRs go over 1000 yards.
  • JJSS 113 targets 75-837-7 WR31
  • Skyy 87 targets 55-706-6 WR54
  • Mecole 69 targets 48-623-5 WR60
  • MVS 75 targets 39-748-5 WR63
Source: Mike Clay's awesome projection booklet

Clay does skew conservative, so that might be a tad on the low side. But the rankings are usually solid.

Personally, I'm targeting Moore over Hardman.
Good post and I want to add that I just finished posting in the Hardman thread and I also come away feeling underwhelmed about the Chiefs WRs and think the ball will be spread around a lot. I do think JJSS has the best chance with 111/1426/7TD his 2nd Season up in Pitt and then in 2020 he almost went over 100 receptions again with a lot less yards but we need to also remember that big Ben was pretty terrible when he returned from elbow surgery his last couple seasons so i am willing to give JJSS some benefit of the doubt.

I like Moore a lot as a Rookie to make a splash and unseat at least one of them. MVS seems the most vulnerable at losing his spot. The challenge as I see it is that JJSS and Skyy are going to both want the slot and JJSS obviously has 5 seasons and a huge leg up on Skyy Moore. I was asking in the other thread if Moore can line up wide and play other positions because he isn't likely to be starting a lot of games in the slot for the Chiefs this season.

Hardman has 6 TD, 4TD and last year he slid down to just 2 scores. We have seen a decent amount of what he can do on a football field and nothing tells me he is a WR1 type just lurking. But I also know he caught over 70% of his targets last year, Mahomes has to have some confidence to throw it his way at this point.

I can see Hardman managing to hit 700-900 yds pretty easily, same time JJSS can get somewhere in that 800-1,000+ and there is still room for another WR to at least get over 500-600 yds with a few bigger games mixed in. I also think teams will be able to cover Kelce and not feel like they must double tam the WRs as often or when they had Tyreek Hill streaking around.

But these are just loose observations.

outside of Kelce, good luck trying to figure out week to week who gets the production. Think JuJu should hit 800+ with the others hovering around 600 give or take. MVS and Hardman TDs probably take an uptick, but that's not saying much.

Users who are viewing this thread