What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

China plans to "impact" the 2020 U.S. elections (1 Viewer)

Looks like we need to watch out for China this year. Probably start listening in to people with connections to China right?
Dude we are an open door right now, there's practically an invitation with the lack of enforcement against Russia and those who cooperated with them, and the total lack of interest in the WH in engaging in counter measures against active measures. Iran and North Korea may as well not to mention Russia doing the same again. - But even so it's not so much Russia, China, and whoever else, it's whether campaigns or any specific persons in campaigns, like candidates, might amplify such efforts and seek to benefit them. And it's not just presidential politics. Worse, it's the responsibility of our DHS and IC to track such things and I think it won't be tracked at all in this administration....cuz, well see my prior point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Step one....Shut down Facebook forever.    
While I absolutely agree (Philosophically at least) and have long said social media and reality TV are the lynchpins to the decent we are on I wonder how the right would react to a forced government shut down of a private business. I ask only about the right because we know how the left “woke” culture would react.  

Is this actually news?  Are people surprised?  I hope not.

I mean, the left laughed at Romney when he said Russia was our biggest threat in the world and then 4 years later they all acted outraged that Russia turned out to be our biggest threat in the world.  Heck, they were even defending China by blaming Trump for everything COVID related (anything to "GET" Trump).

To be honest, I EXPECT foreign states to try and interfere in our elections and I would also EXPECT our government to also be aware of that and be prepared.

While I absolutely agree (Philosophically at least) and have long said social media and reality TV are the lynchpins to the decent we are on I wonder how the right would react to a forced government shut down of a private business. I ask only about the right because we know how the left “woke” culture would react.  
Well realistically it cant work. But facebook is the worst

"China wants Biden to win" seems like the kind of slogan that would backfire.
How so?  China likes puppets.  Trump doesn't give them that.
15 Times Trump Praised China As Pandemic Spread

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency."

"Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus."

"I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.”

"I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control," Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather."

“China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down. … I think our relationship with China is very good."

OOf.

Those quotes are going to get played over and over and over again. Trump got completely fooled by China. Who needs a puppet when you've got a sycophant bowing to your every whim?

BTW, most of these quotes came after the partial shutdown of travel from China. Trump was so bamboozled by China's lies that he seriously thought that he could just stop a few people from China from coming here and it would magically make the virus go away.

15 Times Trump Praised China As Pandemic Spread

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency."

"Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus."

"I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.”

"I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control," Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather."

“China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down. … I think our relationship with China is very good."

OOf.

Those quotes are going to get played over and over and over again. Trump got completely fooled by China. Who needs a puppet when you've got a sycophant bowing to your every whim?

BTW, most of these quotes came after the partial shutdown of travel from China. Trump was so bamboozled by China's lies that he seriously thought that he could just stop a few people from China from coming here and it would magically make the virus go away.
No one has put China on edge and notice more than Trump.  Giving them lip-service doesn't mean he's a pushover.

I thought for sure you would know that.  :doh:

"They're doing a very good job" is not putting anyone on edge.

That quote is going to get played again and again and again.

Trump was fooled by China's lies.
Sorry.  You're trying to make a connection where there is none.  It's what you guys do. :shrug:

Lots of assumptions-as-facts in your post.

"They're doing a very good job" is not putting anyone on edge.

That quote is going to get played again and again and again.

Trump was fooled by China's lies.
Sorry.  You're trying to make a connection where there is none.  It's what you guys do. :shrug:

Lots of assumptions-as-facts in your post.
You're technically correct that I was assuming that Trump was fooled. But that's because the only other logical conclusion -- that Trump knew China was lying yet deliberately did nothing -- is far worse.

and Twitter.  There are others too.
While I absolutely agree with the point, surprisingly I found Twitter to be the only one I like.  Largely because I have none of my friends on there or people I know, I strictly use it as a site for information on things I enjoy. My Twitter is a drama free zone and it’s wonderful. Lol

FBI Probes Chinese Exile, Including Work With Former Trump Aide Steve Bannon

Feds question source of funds for media company tied to Guo Wengui

The FBI is examining exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui and the money used to fund his media efforts in the U.S., including his work with Steve Bannon, a former senior adviser to President Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

Federal Bureau of Investigation national security agents in recent months have asked people who know both men for information on Mr. Guo’s activities, including the source of funds of a media company linked to him that hired Mr. Bannon in 2018 as a consultant, the people said.

The Wall Street Journal couldn’t determine the source of funds used to pay Mr. Bannon. But Mr. Guo has in the past used what appeared to be a third party to provide funds to a contractor. He said in a court filing that a Hong Kong company, ACA Capital, paid a $1 million deposit on separate work he commissioned from a research firm, Virginia-based Strategic Vision. At the time of the payment in January 2018, ACA Capital was owned by a man named William Je, Hong Kong corporate records show.

Mr. Bannon entered into a $1 million contract with Guo Media, which is owned by a Delaware entity, in 2018 for “strategic consulting services,” which included “introducing the Company to media personalities,” according to the contract, a copy of which was published by Axios.

Still, some have raised doubts about Mr. Guo’s loyalties. Mr. Guo hired Strategic Vision in 2018 to investigate certain people he said were tied to top officials of the Chinese Communist Party, according to court filings.

The FBI viewed Mr. Guo as a potential informant for the agency and tried unsuccessfully to cultivate him as one around 2017, according to people familiar with his recruitment. The FBI at that time also confronted Chinese agents who had allegedly come to the U.S. to force Mr. Guo to return to China and ordered them to leave the country, the Journal previously reported.

Users who are viewing this thread