What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#ChipKellyOffense (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
is there any more obnoxious and infuriating phrase in the english language right now?

the NFL has beaten this crap phrase like a redheaded stepchild.

heard about 50 times an hour on NFL network and any game referring to the Eagles. Amazing that a 1-2 team is worth discussing this much

is there any more obnoxious and infuriating phrase in the english language right now?

the NFL has beaten this crap phrase like a redheaded stepchild.

heard about 50 times an hour on NFL network and any game referring to the Eagles. Amazing that a 1-2 team is worth discussing this much
Sure, "Vick is a good quarterback".

Why would a coach want an offense with no ability to manage the clock, or to adjust to solid defense, want a gameplan named after him?

#RexRyanQuarterbacking

fantasy wise it's perfect offense. It makes their D tired and worst than they probably should be .Gets them in shoot outs or trailing or runs it up on hapless teams like the Skins. But yeah in the long run, I don't think it's going to work

The most ridiculous thing about it is that they don't even run the most plays in the league. The Jaguars average the same number of plays. 14 team average more. I'll call it what it is....nothing special.

IIRC the most plays ran in a game since 1991 was week 1 PHI@WASH (the 91 team involved the run and gun Bills)

In game 2 Eagles lost time of possession by over 20 minutes and lost by 3. In game 3 they had 5 turnovers.

Despite the defense stinking in 2 games and the turnovers and terrible game script in the 3rd...

McCoy has the 11th most combined rush + rec yards in the first 3 games of the season ever

In fantasy that is nothing to scoff at

When executed correctly, the #ChipKellyOffense works just fine. But just like any offense, if you turn over the ball, it will not work. We've seen how effective it can be when they can protect the ball. And we've seen how ineffective it can be if they can't.

Was game was a smoke screen with the Skins imploding on offense in the first half.

Pretty obvious to everyone but the talking heads.

Was game was a smoke screen with the Skins imploding on offense in the first half.

Pretty obvious people see the loses and say the offense doesn't work. Did the offense work in game 2 when they scored 30?

500 yards of offense is 'not working'?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty obvious people see the loses and say the offense doesn't work. Did the offense work in game 2 when they scored 30?

The offense works. The turnovers and the bad defense are what make it look like it doesn't.

Past 2 games the Eagles lost time of possession by 20 minutes...

Scored 30 in one. Out gained the other team by 40 yards in the other.

The upside is mindboggling

The offense works. The turnovers and the bad defense are what make it look like it doesn't.
Yup. Anyone who has watched all 3 games knows the offense is the least of their worries. We've know since pre-season, the offense should be fine, its the defense that will hurt them. Last night the defense showed up, but the special teams were horrible and Vick was back to being his old self with bad decisions.

Yup. Anyone who has watched all 3 games knows the offense is the least of their worries. We've know since pre-season, the offense should be fine, its the defense that will hurt them. Last night the defense showed up, but the special teams were horrible and Vick was back to being his old self with bad decisions.
The one thing I will say is with the ToP stats so far...the D is going to be run down eventually as the season progresses and that will just make matters worse. Just a hunch though.

The media spent all summer sucking Vick off, but now everyone is remembering he is a turnover machine. That running ability is great until he stares down a double covered TE and STILL throws it. You can't teach speed, but you also can't fix stupid.

26ppg

254 passing yards per game

207 rushing yards per game

The Chip Kelly offense obviously doesnt work

How can this thread still be open?

The media spent all summer sucking Vick off, but now everyone is remembering he is a turnover machine. That running ability is great until he stares down a double covered TE and STILL throws it. You can't teach speed, but you also can't fix stupid.
Sucking Vick off? Are you 14?

Yes, hurry up and put the defense back on the field is a great plan for winning NFL football games.

Chip Kelly is the coach of the whole football team. It's all his responsibility.

26ppg

He has played the Redskins, Chargers, and Cheifs. Keep that in mind.

The other thing I would point to is the #ChipKellyDefense is allowing 28.7 ppg. When you allow more points than you score you lose.

Yes, hurry up and put the defense back on the field is a great plan for winning NFL football games.

Chip Kelly is the coach of the whole football team. It's all his responsibility.
The defense wasn't exactly world beaters last year with a slower offense. I really think their only shot at winning this year is trying to perfect this and outscore people.

26ppg

The other thing I would point to is the #ChipKellyDefense is allowing 28.7 ppg. When you allow more points than you score you lose.
You don't pick your schedule. Theyre doing what theyre supposed to against what look to be "bad teams?"

Exactly. If you cant stop the other team you cant win.

26ppg

This thread is about the offense, and how its supposedly failing. The defense being bad was known when the season started. My god people, Kelly inherited a team decimated by years of poor drafting (thanks Andy) and QB on a 1-year 'show me' contract.

The offense has not failed yet. The defense has. The rebuilding will take a couple of years, not 3 games.

The offense has not failed yet. The defense has. The rebuilding will take a couple of years, not 3 games.
I would say the offense failed big time last night. Over 400 yards of total offense, yet they only managed 9 net points (16 scored minus the 7 on the pick six) thanks for four turnovers on offense (the 5th was on special teams). Meanwhile, the defense played more than good enough to win, only letting the KC offense score 19 points.

I would say the offense failed big time last night. Over 400 yards of total offense, yet they only managed 9 net points (16 scored minus the 7 on the pick six). Meanwhile, the defense played more than good enough to win, only letting the KC offense score 19 points.
Yes, but 5 turnovers will derail any offense. It was poorly executed at times last night by Vick, but to say the scheme failed is not correct.

i think part of the problem is the nature of this offense would expose a defense even more

and if the Eagles defense is a weakness, that could be a problem

I would say the offense failed big time last night. Over 400 yards of total offense, yet they only managed 9 net points (16 scored minus the 7 on the pick six) thanks for four turnovers on offense (the 5th was on special teams). Meanwhile, the defense played more than good enough to win, only letting the KC offense score 19 points.
I would agree that the offense failed in terms of sloppy mistakes/turnovers. But when you still put up 431 yards of offense that usually is a good recipe to score points.

The strangest thing to me last night was seeing the whole NCAA type "get lined up then look to the coach to see if the call changed" thing in the NFL was kind of strange

Read what you wrote a couple more times and it will come to you. You're on the right track.

i think part of the problem is the nature of this offense would expose a defense even more

Yes its a problem until they are able to bring in the players that fit a 3-4 defense. They don't have that yet. It will take more than 1 offseason to transform the defense. This offseason was all about the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully they address the def next year.

No one expected more than a 7-9 season from this team. If they go 6-10, 5-11 so be it. Andy inherited a far better team than Chip did.

Yes its a problem until they are able to bring in the players that fit a 3-4 defense. They don't have that yet. It will take more than 1 offseason to transform the defense. This offseason was all about the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully they address the def next year.

No one expected more than a 7-9 season from this team. If they go 6-10, 5-11 so be it. Andy inherited a far better team than Chip did.
what remains to be seen is if the way this offense (if it is run like chip seems to want it to be run) exposes a defense can be overcome by any defense

huge time of possession differences really wears on a defense, to get to a super bowl you are talking 19-20 games of that, can any defense hold up through that?

The strangest thing to me last night was seeing the whole NCAA type "get lined up then look to the coach to see if the call changed" thing in the NFL was kind of strange
I agree...I took it as we dont have a QB that either knows enough of the offense to call the play or we Have Michael Vick.

what remains to be seen is if the way this offense (if it is run like chip seems to want it to be run) exposes a defense can be overcome by any defense

huge time of possession differences really wears on a defense, to get to a super bowl you are talking 19-20 games of that, can any defense hold up through that?
IMO Thats going to depend on the turnovers by the offense and if the D can get themslves off of the field

I agree...I took it as we dont have a QB that either knows enough of the offense to call the play or we Have Michael Vick.
and it may not be a BAD thing, i am trying not to rip it

it just looked so out of place

You knew this was destined for failure, when it's all that was talked about all offseason.

To be fair, a few of the "wiser" heads spoke about how this #ChipKellyOffense would not work in the NFL...

3 games in, and it looks figured out. get Vick to turn it over 2x a game, score almost every possession against an already bad, and now dead tired PHI DEF.. win game

You knew this was destined for failure, when it's all that was talked about all offseason.

To be fair, a few of the "wiser" heads spoke about how this #ChipKellyOffense would not work in the NFL...

3 games in, and it looks figured out. get Vick to turn it over 2x a game, score almost every possession against an already bad, and now dead tired PHI DEF.. win game
The guys that come along and try to re-invent the troll....do they think they're clever?

The guys that come along and try to re-invent the troll....do they think they're clever?
trolling or facting?

you're an eagles fan, we get it. the Chip Kelly scheme stinks

I'm waiting for someone to show evidence of an offensive failure. Week 2 (30 pts, 500yds) or week 3 where they turned it over 5 times and still out-produced the KC offense in half the ToP. Not to mention its a week that's far from typical playing their 3rd game in 11 days.

Hiring a 100m sprinter to try and win a marathon is a dumb idea.

No?

Users who are viewing this thread