What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson Vs Fatdale Tonite (1 Viewer)

Back on topic....

I don't have a valid reason, but I say CJ3 outscores the "other guy". By 10? Don't know.

But I think it's safe to say LenDale's 80 yd TD "scamper" was a fluke last week, but Johnson's 60 yd TD effort is to be expected week in/week out.

What about goal line stats? Who's had more carries from the 2 or closer? My gut tells me about 50/50?

CJ3 20 carries for 130 yds and 1 td. 3 catches for 45 yds

White 19 carries for 90 yds and 2 tds. 1 catch for 9 yds

Last edited by a moderator:
Indy's defense, particularly w/o Sanders, is more susceptible to the between the tackles fatboy attack than the speed of CJ3.

Milli White 105/2

Vanilli Johnson 65/1

I need at least 100, or a score for CJ3

So, I'll vote CJ3

Colts fan here. The Colts did a very good job of slowing down Baltimore's big running back but have completely sucked against faster running backs. I think Chris Johnson will have the better real life game tonight. Who will have the better fantasy game? May depend on goal line carries.

Colts fan here. The Colts did a very good job of slowing down Baltimore's big running back but have completely sucked against faster running backs. I think Chris Johnson will have the better real life game tonight. Who will have the better fantasy game? May depend on goal line carries.
In six games the INDY D has only held opposing Starting RB's to under 100 twiceWeek 6 Rice/McGahee combined for 41 yrds(in a blowout)Week 5 Slayton 93yrds on only 16 carries.We'll get a heavy dose of CJ3 and FatWhale tonight.

Indy RD is undersized and Lendale will punish them between the tackles. I expect them to get an equal number of carries, but the only TD's that CJ3 will probably get will be starting outside the 10 yd line.

And yea, Lendale outrunning an entire defense on a 80 yd TD run is a fluke. If having someone that could catch Lendale from behind was a defensive metric, you probably shouldn't field one if the answer is 0 lol.

Colts homer. Sanders may actually play tonight. They realize this is a must win game and are trying to push him back. If he plays it makes a huge difference.

Don't kid yourself, CJ3 can and will run up the middle, where the Colts are most susceptible. Landwhale won't break any 80 yd runs but he will punish us up the gut too. We have a very undersized and fast def and will probably sell out to stop the run, much like we did at Balt, but I still think both Tenn runners are going to have good games. We will try to make Kerry Collins beat us.

2 votes in here for Lendale saying Indy is more susceptible to the pounding, between the tackles RB. 1 vote from an Indy homer who says Indy run D hasn't had an answer for the speedy RB's this year. So which is it?

Any more Indy homers that have watched all games and wish to offer an educated opinion?

Colts homer. Sanders may actually play tonight. They realize this is a must win game and are trying to push him back. If he plays it makes a huge difference.

Don't kid yourself, CJ3 can and will run up the middle, where the Colts are most susceptible. Landwhale won't break any 80 yd runs but he will punish us up the gut too. We have a very undersized and fast def and will probably sell out to stop the run, much like we did at Balt, but I still think both Tenn runners are going to have good games. We will try to make Kerry Collins beat us.
CJ3's usage is not soley as a get-to-the-edge back and I've seen that if a player is taking a slightly wrong angle at CJ3, they will get a good luck at the back of his jersey.

White will outscore Johnson, due to the fact that White gets the goal line work, I see:

Johnson 85 rush 15 rec no td's

White 50 rush, 2 goal line TD's

The Colts can't really stop any RB's, so expect a pretty even split between CJ and Lendale tonight. The only time the colts have managed to not give up big plays against the run was in week 6 against the Ravens....only problem is that the Ravens didn't have a RB with more than 8 attempts that game. The Ravens never really tried to get in a rythm running the ball against Indy.

Expect TEN to push it down their throats tonight. The Colts defense is undersized, and likes to swarm to the ball. Lendale is incapable of changing direction or cutting back so he will be easily swarmed under for a lot of dinky 3 yard gains. I wouldnt be surprised to see CJ break a couple long gainers by cutting back against an over-pursuing Colts D.

If I had to predict for tonight......

Lendale: 16 for 45 yards, 1 TD

CJ: 18 for 100 yards, 4 receptions, 25 yards, 1 TD

Both guys will tear through this suspect Indy D tonight IMO. Neither guy will vastly outscore the other. If I was betting on it, I'd put my money on White due to the TDs he is capable of scoring. I'd project both RBs to gain over 75 yds in this game.

Johnson: 19 carries, 110 yds, 3 receptions, 22 yds, 0 TDs

White: 18 carries, 82 yds, 1 reception, 5 yds, 2 TDs

I own both and when I have to decide on who to start I use this rule of thumb if possible: When the defense is big up the middle I go CJ, when the defense is built on speed I go fat boy. This had me start CJ vs Minny and it is going to have me start fat boy vs Indy tonight.

The Colts can't really stop any RB's, so expect a pretty even split between CJ and Lendale tonight. The only time the colts have managed to not give up big plays against the run was in week 6 against the Ravens....only problem is that the Ravens didn't have a RB with more than 8 attempts that game. The Ravens never really tried to get in a rythm running the ball against Indy.

Expect TEN to push it down their throats tonight. The Colts defense is undersized, and likes to swarm to the ball. Lendale is incapable of changing direction or cutting back so he will be easily swarmed under for a lot of dinky 3 yard gains. I wouldnt be surprised to see CJ break a couple long gainers by cutting back against an over-pursuing Colts D.

The bold part makes a lot of sense to me. A small, fast, overpursuing D could be weak against a decent cut back runner.It's a tough call but I think I'm starting CJ over Lendale for the potential. The kid is going to be wired to be on national TV for his first time. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to that.

I own both and when I have to decide on who to start I use this rule of thumb if possible: When the defense is big up the middle I go CJ, when the defense is built on speed I go fat boy. This had me start CJ vs Minny and it is going to have me start fat boy vs Indy tonight.
Why must you drop this knowledge just after I'd decided to go with CJ. Damn it.

Why must you drop this knowledge just after I'd decided to go with CJ. Damn it.
Don't worry it's no sure thing and CJ runs well in between the tackles as well. CJ over Lendale vs Minny was a much easier decision than this game.

You can't help but love having either (or both in some cases) of these guys in your lineup. The Whale racks up the TDs, and 4.24 racks up the yardage.

IF Light Blue Jesus is gonna score, it will have to come from more than 10 yards out or on a passing down, since the Whale will definitely get the goal-line TDs.

Chris Johnson: 18 carries, 105 yards, 1 TD

The Whale: 15 carries, 65 yards, 2 TDs

Bold prediction: Colts reassert themselves offensively and the Titans play from behind. Thusly, they are forced to pass and LenWhale and CJ3 are held to under 60 yards a piece.

Bold prediction: Colts reassert themselves offensively and the Titans play from behind. Thusly, they are forced to pass and LenWhale and CJ3 are held to under 60 yards a piece.
:football: I think something unexpected will happen.
i think the coaching staff is not doing a good job of getting CJ3 out in open space...look at reggie bush...terrible between the tackles runner, but still a playmaker cuz the play calls get him in a good situation...how is it that CJ3 only has 73 receiving yards?!?!!?! get the guy in the open and let him get to work...i think this has gone largely unnoticed...im actualyl not sure if CJ3 has good hands or not...someone can shed some light...but for a guy with that much speed and vision...they should get more creative...

Ok, so what are the odds that Fatdale doesn't score and Wayne and/or the Titan DEF/ST scores? :football:

Also, in another league, I need CJ and Bironas to do as little as possible... (34 point cushion)

:lmao: I think something unexpected will happen.
i think the coaching staff is not doing a good job of getting CJ3 out in open space...look at reggie bush...terrible between the tackles runner, but still a playmaker cuz the play calls get him in a good situation...how is it that CJ3 only has 73 receiving yards?!?!!?! get the guy in the open and let him get to work...i think this has gone largely unnoticed...im actualyl not sure if CJ3 has good hands or not...someone can shed some light...but for a guy with that much speed and vision...they should get more creative...
It's the Titans...

It's only a matter of time before CJ is getting the GL touches. You had to expect White getting the vast majority of GL touches under Fisher this season. Like Westbrook, & some other lighter RBs, CJ's velocity as he hits the LOS, combined with his quick cutting ability, makes him a potential quality GL runner. He's just going to have to earn it.

This will heppen. CJ is going to get the vast majority of GL touches sometime early in his career, IMO. I believe anybody who moves CJ because of the lack of GL love will be lamenting it at some point (likely as soon as '09).

If I had to predict for tonight......Lendale: 16 for 45 yards, 1 TDCJ: 18 for 100 yards, 4 receptions, 25 yards, 1 TD
Well I came out pretty close in the end. CJ had me worried for a bit before he broke off that sweet TD run. Actual stats:Lendale: 10 for 13 yards, 2 TDsCJ: 19 for 77 yards, 4 receptions, 19 yards, 1 TDLendale looked awful tonight on almost every single carry. His fatmentum managed to carry him over the goal line for a couple short TDs, but he is the most unexceptional big back I have seen in a while. If you can get value for him you MUST sell now. He is absolutely at the peak of his value. Johnson will start to take some goal line work soon enough....he has shown that he is tough and elusive between the tackles. If Westbrook can do it then I think Johnson can do it. He certainly has the talent for it.

WRONG! FATDALE is a TD Machine!

He is going to lead the league in TDs this season!

Why would Fisher fix something that isn't broke?

Well I came out pretty close in the end. CJ had me worried for a bit before he broke off that sweet TD run. Actual stats:

Lendale: 10 for 13 yards, 2 TDs

CJ: 19 for 77 yards, 4 receptions, 19 yards, 1 TD

Lendale looked awful tonight on almost every single carry. His fatmentum managed to carry him over the goal line for a couple short TDs, but he is the most unexceptional big back I have seen in a while. If you can get value for him you MUST sell now. He is absolutely at the peak of his value. Johnson will start to take some goal line work soon enough....he has shown that he is tough and elusive between the tackles. If Westbrook can do it then I think Johnson can do it. He certainly has the talent for it.
:confused:

WRONG! FATDALE is a TD Machine!

He is going to lead the league in TDs this season!

Why would Fisher fix something that isn't broke?
Some just refuse to accept Lendale's role. He's been money on the goaline and with an explosive back like CJ moving the chains, Lendale will keep eating...TDs.

yeah, i don't understand why people think white is going to lose the GL carries anytime soon. he's another bettis in terms of effectiveness at that job. keep using him as long as he can do it.

yeah, i don't understand why people think white is going to lose the GL carries anytime soon. he's another bettis in terms of effectiveness at that job. keep using him as long as he can do it.
I'm not sure the bolded statement is true. I don't find series like this particularly impressive.1-2-IND 2 (4:53) 25-L.White left guard to IND 2 for no gain (50-P.Wheeler, 95-D.Reid).

2-2-IND 2 (4:08) 25-L.White left tackle to IND 1 for 1 yard (79-R.Brock).

3-1-IND 1 (3:24) 25-L.White up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

You can't help but love having either (or both in some cases) of these guys in your lineup. The Whale racks up the TDs, and 4.24 racks up the yardage. IF Light Blue Jesus is gonna score, it will have to come from more than 10 yards out or on a passing down, since the Whale will definitely get the goal-line TDs. Chris Johnson: 18 carries, 105 yards, 1 TDThe Whale: 15 carries, 65 yards, 2 TDs
From a total yardage standpoint on CJ, I was pretty close. Right on the money with the Whale's TDs, though I didn't think you'd be able to measure his yards per carry with a ruler. :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread