What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson Week 14 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

its WEDNESDAY. a lot of players miss practice on WEDNESDAY. MJD didn't practice today either. And he didn't practice last WEDNESDAY. or the WEDNESDAY before that.

CJ will practice tomorrow and friday and play.

its WEDNESDAY. a lot of players miss practice on WEDNESDAY. MJD didn't practice today either. And he didn't practice last WEDNESDAY. or the WEDNESDAY before that. CJ will practice tomorrow and friday and play.
Easy there, fella.

its WEDNESDAY. a lot of players miss practice on WEDNESDAY. MJD didn't practice today either. And he didn't practice last WEDNESDAY. or the WEDNESDAY before that. CJ will practice tomorrow and friday and play.
DWill didn't practive last WEDNESDAY with an ankle injury and he didn't play last weekend. :loco:

Even though my div opponent has Chris Johnson, I'll be pissed if he doesn't play this Sunday. Career and record setting year, would hate to see him miss time during a run like this.

He played til the very last snap vs Indy so either it's nothing to worry about or he did it on an off day. I'd bet it's nothing to worry about and just a day off for their centerpiece.

From CBS, for what it's worth:

Titans RB Chris Johnson did not participate in practice Wednesday due to an ankle injury. Johnson is likely resting and is expected to play Sunday against St. Louis. He needs just one yard to break his tie with Eddie George for the third-highest single-season rushing total (1,509 yards) in franchise history. And if Johnson can gain the yards from scrimmage at the same clip (152.6 per game) that he has through 12 contests, he will break former St. Louis RB Marshall Faulk's single-season NFL record of 2,429 scrimmage yards from 1999. Johnson is on pace for 2,441. Coach Jeff Fisher, however, said getting Johnson to the record is not his main priority. "I'm going to do what's best for this team," Fisher said. "We're going to try to win ballgames. If that means getting LenDale (White) more touches, which in I think we probably should have done (against the Colts) in retrospect, that's what it means. All those personal things are all well and good, but at this point we need to win the next game."(Updated 12/09/2009).

That sound you hear is everyone running to get Lendale, like I just did!

I play against CJ this week in my first round of the playoffs, ugh!

fflnut said:
Even though my div opponent has Chris Johnson, I'll be pissed if he doesn't play this Sunday. Career and record setting year, would hate to see him miss time during a run like this.
:confused: My sig must be updated weekly.

Titans RB Chris Johnson did not participate in practice Wednesday due to an ankle injury. Johnson is likely resting and is expected to play Sunday against St. Louis. He needs just one yard to break his tie with Eddie George for the third-highest single-season rushing total (1,509 yards) in franchise history. And if Johnson can gain the yards from scrimmage at the same clip (152.6 per game) that he has through 12 contests, he will break former St. Louis RB Marshall Faulk's single-season NFL record of 2,429 scrimmage yards from 1999. Johnson is on pace for 2,441. Coach Jeff Fisher, however, said getting Johnson to the record is not his main priority. "I'm going to do what's best for this team," Fisher said. "We're going to try to win ballgames. If that means getting LenDale (White) more touches, which in I think we probably should have done (against the Colts) in retrospect, that's what it means. All those personal things are all well and good, but at this point we need to win the next game."(Updated 12/09/2009).
LOL at Fisher's coach speak. Yeah, clearly giving FatDale more touches is just what this team needs. :)

LOL at Fisher's coach speak. Yeah, clearly giving FatDale more touches is just what this team needs. :)
As a Johnson owner I'd welcome a few less carries for Johnson each week - as long as they aren't at the goal line like in Week 12. :bag: I think the Titans need to be smart about how they use Johnson. As talented as he is, I'm not sure banging him between the tackles 25-30 times a game is all that smart. I'd like to see them turn some of his touches into receptions instead of runs to try and alleviate some of the pounding he's taking. But I also think that giving White a few touches a game to keep Johnson fresh is smart. Back to the injury, it sounds like it's nothing serious and Johnson was just getting a day off to help him rest and get ready for the game. We'll find out more tomorrow. The last thing any Johnson owner wants to see is him missing out on a matchup against a defense as bad as the Rams.

LOL at Fisher's coach speak. Yeah, clearly giving FatDale more touches is just what this team needs. :shrug:
As a Johnson owner I'd welcome a few less carries for Johnson each week - as long as they aren't at the goal line like in Week 12. :rant: I think the Titans need to be smart about how they use Johnson. As talented as he is, I'm not sure banging him between the tackles 25-30 times a game is all that smart. I'd like to see them turn some of his touches into receptions instead of runs to try and alleviate some of the pounding he's taking. But I also think that giving White a few touches a game to keep Johnson fresh is smart. Back to the injury, it sounds like it's nothing serious and Johnson was just getting a day off to help him rest and get ready for the game. We'll find out more tomorrow. The last thing any Johnson owner wants to see is him missing out on a matchup against a defense as bad as the Rams.
Oh, I don't disagree that CJ probably needs a rest once in awhile. It's just comical to see Fisher's transparent and pathetic attempts to downplay individual records. Coach speak is just amusing to me. No wonder guys like Robert Smith retire early - it must be painful to have to listen to BS like that every week.

Atogwe out for Rams. Best defender on the team IMO. Rams are in huge trouble, even more than usual.

Titans RB Chris Johnson did not participate in practice Wednesday due to an ankle injury. Johnson is likely resting and is expected to play Sunday against St. Louis. He needs just one yard to break his tie with Eddie George for the third-highest single-season rushing total (1,509 yards) in franchise history. And if Johnson can gain the yards from scrimmage at the same clip (152.6 per game) that he has through 12 contests, he will break former St. Louis RB Marshall Faulk's single-season NFL record of 2,429 scrimmage yards from 1999. Johnson is on pace for 2,441. Coach Jeff Fisher, however, said getting Johnson to the record is not his main priority. "I'm going to do what's best for this team," Fisher said. "We're going to try to win ballgames. If that means getting LenDale (White) more touches, which in I think we probably should have done (against the Colts) in retrospect, that's what it means. All those personal things are all well and good, but at this point we need to win the next game."

(Updated 12/09/2009).
LOL at Fisher's coach speak. Yeah, clearly giving FatDale more touches is just what this team needs. :unsure:
As a Johnson owner I'd welcome a few less carries for Johnson each week - as long as they aren't at the goal line like in Week 12. :lol:
:lmao:

Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson (ankle) did not participate in practice Thursday, Dec. 10. He is expected to play in Week 14.

seems to be mixed signals on whether he practiced.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else but this is positive hearing Johnson say the ankle injury isn't a big deal:

Chris Johnson assured Thursday that his ankle is not an issue despite missing practice time this week.

"My ankle is fine. I'm good," Johnson said after returning to a limited practice. Coach Jeff Fisher echoed those sentiments, saying Johnson's ankle is "a little sore, but he’s fine." Start the NFL's rushing leader with confidence against a Ram's defense allowing the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing backs.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

Sorry for the bump...just wondeing if anyone has info on CJ from today's practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread