What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Warren III, RB (OAK) (2 Viewers)

I don't know why we wouldn't discuss a guy who is behind a 32 year old and 29 year old RB. Both shells of their prime days. Jalen Richard's thread has 8 pages. And he's done nothing to give the franchise confidence in him being the next man up. Not to mention all 3 are FAs after this season. 

Come March Warren could be the only RB on the roster from 2018. (If he makes the team)
I was kind of making a joke but usually guys that play a lot of snaps in preseason game 4 are not making the team. Leading the preseason in rushing yards is generally a stat you don’t want to have.

Like you said if he does make the team his path to relevance isn’t a tough road.

I was kind of making a joke but usually guys that play a lot of snaps in preseason game 4 are not making the team. Leading the preseason in rushing yards is generally a stat you don’t want to have.

Like you said if he does make the team his path to relevance isn’t a tough road.
Yep. I was disappointed he played so much last night.  

I should probably clarify what I said earlier about the talk being a year early.

For MOST fantasy owners, it's a year early.  Deep dynasty should absolutely be on the radar.   :thumbup:
If he isn't on your taxi/devy/dynasty squad right now, you've lost. I don't deep dynasty is a qualifier anymore, this guy looks 100% the real deal and will be starting for the Raiders next year without a doubt in my mind.

And agree with you and most that unless injury occurs or Lynch/Martin somehow completely suck, he won't be getting meaningful carries at all this year. Let's keep his legs and body fresh. 

The fact that Warren played extensively in preseason, even late into the 2nd half last night tells me that he's either 100% cut or 100% rostered in Gruden's mind. The latter would be a great sign as it would indicate Gruden sees him as a future feature back. We'll find out soon enough.

With Washington and Martin banged up, and no desire to give Lynch even one more carry in the preseason, part of his usage is probably just........he's who was left.  Everyone else was a known quantity.  

I was mildly interested in Martin when he was signed.   Now?   Not so much.  Maybe it's just because I saw so little him but the injury thing certainly is a big part.  

With Washington and Martin banged up, and no desire to give Lynch even one more carry in the preseason, part of his usage is probably just........he's who was left.  Everyone else was a known quantity.  
They could've played James Butler more. Warren got 78% of the snaps last night and Butler 22%.

Maybe they were showcasing him in hopes of trading him to someone.  I have my eye of whether he makes the OAK roster. Could be a key addition now if Lynch and/or Martin crumble. Great end of bench stash.

I just feel like, if I have to “waste” a spot on someone who probably won’t give me any return this season, Warren and his situation are more appealing to me than any other “one year off” stash.

The fact that Warren played extensively in preseason, even late into the 2nd half last night tells me that he's either 100% cut or 100% rostered in Gruden's mind. The latter would be a great sign as it would indicate Gruden sees him as a future feature back. We'll find out soon enough.
I would be SUPER surprised to see him get cut. Anyone who has watched any football should see the potential here, and I can't believe Gruden or the staff would simply let talent like that walk.

Anything is possible, and to the point @massraider made about current backfield injuries, makes even more sense for the Raiders to hold him (and cut a guy like Washington and Butler) to hold on to him. 

Combine measurables or in-game action. Which is more important to you?

side note: I’m convinced that people who are openly doubting are people who missed out on him via FA
Warren actually turned in a good combine performance, but had a slow 40.  Reminds me of Rex Burkhead who crushed the combine except for the 4.73 forty. 

Maybe it's just some loophole to keep a player on a team, and not send him to practice squad / waivers.  If that's the case, that's complete bs that team is able to do that.  
I have read before that they can't do that to a healthy player. I am not sure the process to dispute it though, whether the league investigates, the player files a grievance, another team maybe.

Maybe it's just some loophole to keep a player on a team, and not send him to practice squad / waivers.  If that's the case, that's complete bs that team is able to do that.  
I totally agree with you. It's garbage. He was running all over teams and pulverizing them. He wasn't hurt.

But if you say the quote box in the voice of my avatar, the sentiment rings true. 

Gruden: Chris you had a great camp, shame about your hand, you would have made the squad and gotten a chance to start.

Warren: Thanks coach, my hand is fine though...?

Gruden: [smashes Warren’s hand with a baseball bat]. Yeah I’m glad it’s feeling better kid. Anyways we’ve placed you on IR. Keep your legs in shape when you’re better we may need you 

Warren: uh ok coach

He doesn't need to smash it.  A scratch from a helmet during the game would be enough.

According to rotoworld he is having knee surgery. 

So obviously Gruden did a Tonya Harding, not smashing the hand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops. I think, at one point, when I looked up at the television ('twas a birthday dinner) he had 8 rushes for 10 yards. I could be mistaken, as his final line was 12 rushes for 42, averaging 3.5 YPC. 

Sorry about that.  

Last edited by a moderator:
General manager Reggie McKenzie touched on Warren's health Saturday, saying the undrafted rookie running back had been playing through a knee issue that was "wearing on him." Consequently, Warren will undergo season-ending surgery to alleviate the concern.

General manager Reggie McKenzie touched on Warren's health Saturday, saying the undrafted rookie running back had been playing through a knee issue that was "wearing on him." Consequently, Warren will undergo season-ending surgery to alleviate the concern.
Seems pretty stupid. Why keep playing on it if that’s the case - he played the whole week 4 game and he has nothing to prove at that point.

Also, if he played like that with a knee issue....

Seems pretty stupid. Why keep playing on it if that’s the case - he played the whole week 4 game and he has nothing to prove at that point.

Also, if he played like that with a knee issue....
Yea. I’m a patient person and took Warren in the 19th round. I’m fine with the stash

Why exactly are people excited about a big slow guy who didn't do jack in college? He looks like a FB on paper. 

I wouldn't say anyone is "excited", but he's young and he's essentially free and he could be a contributing player to an NFL franchise.  He's worth rostering at minimum.
Fair. I focused too much on the "he's the guy" comment. I don't think he's even the guy behind the guy's guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread