What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Too much over analysis going on. Might make sense to keep it simple...we have no idea how this will break and the Cowboy coaching staff might not know unless it slaps them across the face. But the simple truth as of today:

1) Dunbars injury leaves an opening and more work CM (and a permanent place in the active roster)

2) what happens from there will be decided based on how CM looks. Everything else both ways is pure speculation. Enjoy the ride
:tebow: :tebow: :tebow: :tebow: :tebow:

Hi guys it's me, Chaka, the Official Let's Try To Keep it Excellent Inspector. Remember we don't want any bannings or to get this thread locked.

I think there are valid points being made from both jurb and everyone else (who all seem to be aligning against jurb). I typically agree with jurb about taking the guy who has the most opportunity because you can't do much if you don't get the ball. However I think that even if McFadden takes the Dunbar role (about 7.5 touches/game), and I think he will, it will likely come at the expense of his old role in the offense, which amounted to 8.75 touches/game. I do not believe that McFadden will simply start getting 16 touches/game (which is what Randle gets, and I think will continue to get) and keep Michael on the pine.

That, IMO, opens the door for Michael to assume all or part of McFadden's previous 9 touches per game. Again IMO, I prefer Michael's upside on those limited touches (o/u = 6 IMO) because even in his previous role (again 9 touches/game) McFadden did very little with them.

As always let's try to keep it excellent in here.

Cheers
Touches matter, so thank you for cutting to the point here.I'm not sure why CM would suddenly get more touches than McFadden, though. If McFadden is assuming the Dunbar role why does that mean he totally vacates his old role? Why would he suddenly be getting less touches than prior? This doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

Maybe CM outperforms McFadden earning the greater workload. That's certainly possible but that is not how it looks heading into the game at least.
I didn't say CM would get more touches, I never said any of those things you are suggesting. I said that his assumption of the Dunbar would come at the expense of his previous role. There are 16 touches, roughly, up for grabs (Dunbar's & McFadden's). I put Michael's o/u @ 6, which means that McFadden will get ~10, which would be an increase in touches for both.

What I don't think will happen is that McFadden will simply start getting 16 total touches (his old role + Dunbar's) along with Randle (who averages about 16 touches) and Michael gets left out.
I think if you guys go back and forth a dozen more times we might gleen something from this.

Chaka you can not rationalize with the irrational. It's beating your head against the wall, who cares. Guy doesn't see it this way - let him.

What are the odds that Joe Randle might just be solid enough that we're really just pissing in the wind here trying to figure out which guy gets the most out of Randles leftover scraps?

Cowboys need more than "solid" from the running game with Romo and Dez out.
I guess I meant "pretty good" more than "solid". We are talking about a guy averaging 4.5 YPC for his career, and 6.7 YPC last season. I don't believe that he's going to be great, but he's been productive enough in his still limited career carries that there probably isn't much reason to think he can't run with this opportunity.

Anyway, just throwing that out there. We are playing through all sorts of scenarios here, but don't seem to be playing through the Randle running away with this thing scenario, even though the Cowboys seem to like him (boneheaded GL plays aside) and his 2 back-ups are highly questionable.

If the Cowboys need "great", we know it almost certainly won't be DMC. We also don't really know if CM can be that. Maybe it's the boring answer (Randle).

What are the odds that Joe Randle might just be solid enough that we're really just pissing in the wind here trying to figure out which guy gets the most out of Randles leftover scraps?
If Randle stays in on 3rd down that's going to be pretty funny. I actually think that would be smart for the Cowboys, he caught and ran well with Romo, but this is Weeden. The Cowboys seem obsessed with tinkering with their RB rotation.

Ed Werder just reported that Michael's role has not changed, Randle is still the number one back, and that McFadden is expected to take over the third-down role that Dunbar had.

I don't think the game script today vs the Pats will allow for much running opportunities for anyone.

Ed Werder just reported that Michael's role has not changed, Randle is still the number one back, and that McFadden is expected to take over the third-down role that Dunbar had.
Isn't this a contradiction? The Cowboys have talked about Michael stepping up and, with Dunbar's injury, doesn't his role (involvement) have to change?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the game script today vs the Pats will allow for much running opportunities for anyone.
I must agree. CM is not likely to be trusted in pass pro, so this does not set up well for Michael. That said, CM could make the most of even a few carries, so there is always a chance. My issue with CM is the same I have with Randle. Reliability. Both flash nice skills, but neither has shown the discipline to earn the trust of the coaching staff. I am still hopeful Michael can make the most of this opportunity.

Stupid Micheal picked up the first down doesn't he know the cowboys game script is as many three and outs as possible

Putting the running game aside for a minute, what is the deal with Dallas' passing game? My recollection of Weeden in college is that he had a pretty good arm and could throw downfield. Then you see these ultra-conservative game plans where they seem deathly afraid of doing anything. I know their WRs are pants, but dude...2.6 YPA? They are "playing not to lose" in every game and it's just not enough at this level, especially against a team of New England's caliber.

Putting the running game aside for a minute, what is the deal with Dallas' passing game? My recollection of Weeden in college is that he had a pretty good arm and could throw downfield. Then you see these ultra-conservative game plans where they seem deathly afraid of doing anything. I know their WRs are pants, but dude...2.6 YPA? They are "playing not to lose" in every game and it's just not enough at this level, especially against a team of New England's caliber.
how dare you talk about passing in here.

unless its a dump off

who's getting separation?

wormburner said:
unless its a dump off
To CM~
:doh:

Seriously this is getting weird with the Dallas coaching.

What the hell is going on? Michael had 1 run and it was probably the most impressive run of any Dallas RB today and that is it ... back to the bench

Their plan is to give him exactly 1 carry every week. Just to frustrate the #### out of this thread.

I've been trying to be more patient than I usually would with this, but with bye weeks coming up, I think I'm out. They won't even give him a few junk time carries.

Maybe he gets a shot at the job in training camp next year. Hard to see it happening this season.

I'm holding until after their bye week and I'll make a decision after a few games. After that point I will stop making excuses if he isn't able to see the field.

Updated the thread title. Couldn't even get garbage time? At some point you think they would see what they got.

Users who are viewing this thread