What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chronic Back Pain (1 Viewer)

GL GB. :topcat:

Have you looked to Eastern medicine at all? Those people and their silly needles can do wonders.
looking into it. my pain management doctor recommended medical massage and dry needling first (similar to acupuncture) and if that doesn't work then to try acupuncture itself.

Holy crap....have they not diagnosed it at all? herniated disc, bulging disc, something?
nope nothing. 3 MRIs have shown nothing, nerve studies nothing.

my pain management doctor feels it is muscle related which I agree but I think there is more to the story. for example, if i prop my head up on two pillows in bed to read or whatever, I start to get excruciating pain in my lower neck which goes down my entire spine. that is not muscle related but at this point, we haven't found a specific diagnosis to point to, which sucks.
damn...that sucks. I've got 3 herniated discs in my lower back that cause pain consistently, but nothing like that. Did it start suddenly or develop over time?

Wow - so sorry to hear things aren't any better. Good luck and definitely let your doctor know everything you just told us.

Wow - so sorry to hear things aren't any better. Good luck and definitely let your doctor know everything you just told us.
I have been communicating with him and my other doctors through email. Problem is they have startwd to be less responsive which is why i feel the need to go in for face-to-face.

Guy I work with had horrible back pain for a couple years and just recently found a doctor who would do surgery for his disk. He's doing much better.

I'm sure you've seen a lot of docs, but maybe you should keep going to new ones until you find one that can give you some answers.

Hope you feel better soon. Back pain sucks big time.

Have you tried Rolfing? I really encourage you to at the verry least research it online. If your issues are muscle related I have no doubts it can help.

Have you tried Rolfing? I really encourage you to at the verry least research it online. If your issues are muscle related I have no doubts it can help.
I have heard of it - talked with my doctor about it and he didn't know enough to recommend it but I am looking into it.

Hi all,

First off, I would like to thank everyone for the encouraging PMs I received. This board never ceases to amaze me and those PMs really encouraged me so thanks for the kind words. Some of you expressed concerns about me mentally. I am seeing a therapist as I have stuggled with depression during my life and this issue has really impacted that as well. I am not considering suicide so no worries there :) Despite my pain, I enjoy my wife, my family, etc. and I don't want to leave them behind too early.

Went to my doctor and I am going to continue to stay off the Norco. Going cold turkey has sucked major donkey balls but today is much better in terms of side effects. Still suffering but not as bad today. GB Flap - I would like you input into this. I have my first appointment with another PT tomorrow to start traction therapy and maybe TENS therapy. I don't know much about these but wanted to get your thoughts. I don't have an exact diagnosis, but my doctor thinks it could be Myofascial Pain Syndrome.

I also am going to continue medical massage therapy as well and hoping it will help.

Just looking for anything to help. Today's pain has been awful :-/

Hi Phrozen. I suffer from chronic back pain that started in my early 20's. It took almost a decade to get a diagnosis, but I finally found out I have a disease called ankylosing spondylitis. Are you familiar with this disease and have you been tested for it? Sounds like a real possibility as your symptoms sound similar to mine.

Hi Phrozen. I suffer from chronic back pain that started in my early 20's. It took almost a decade to get a diagnosis, but I finally found out I have a disease called ankylosing spondylitis. Are you familiar with this disease and have you been tested for it? Sounds like a real possibility as your symptoms sound similar to mine.
My brother has been dealing with this for years. Brutal disease where your spinal cord is basically trying to fuse together. I believe Enbrel finally helped him get it under control. He went through many different meds before finding the one that works. He's now able to lift weights, run, swim again, and is in the best shape he's been in since his teens.

Mick Mars also suffers from this. FYI

Users who are viewing this thread