What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chrs Johnson owners (1 Viewer)

To the CJ owner who could also use a 2nd WR, I offered Steve Smiff + Shonn Greene. That's probably insulting, but I actually am not in love w/ CJ, but obviously like the upside for his huge games. Just have to ride out the poor ones & hope others perform. In any event, I'm not willing to offer more than that.

I lost J. Charles last week. I'm going to offer up S. Holmes, M. Tolbert, and B. Scott to the C. J. owner. He also owns C. Benson.

I'm thinking of a word that begins with "D". Ahh yes...Denial.

I'm not about to try to say I know what "it" is, but this is not the same as Chris Johnson starting slow or having a game where the numbers are not there and then bouncing back. He just doesn't look like the same guy. I could get on board of the person who mentioned he is not familiar with the new scheme the line is running but a guy with this much talent should basically be able to look different than DWIL at this point. And I thought the team said he basically had it memorized the first few days back. Maybe it is a case of the heavy use the past few years (we seem to crucify every other runner not named Peterson for over use).

Whatever the case, I think the people thinking he is still worth the other RBs are way off base. His name should be able to get you a couple of really good, but not great players, but I don't see anyone trading him for the other studs right now.
I see what you're saying. After week three I'd be worried too - which is why I said I'd try to shop him after week 4 in redraft leagues. Don't kid yourselves about his value - there's lots of owners out there that still believe in CJ. Especially if he starts to put everything together around midseason and gives some saavy owner an incredible playoff push. You can shop CJ. You just have to work at finding the right owner. It's not going to be like last year where everyone would gladly entertain offers - you'll have to work at it. But in most leagues I would think it can be done.

In a keeper league I wouldn't part with him. I'll start looking at match ups next week to see if he's worth a starting spot. I'm sticking to my guns, though, in the fact that it may be him struggling to get used to running in this new scheme. Maybe he's weak mentally and gets "down" because he's confused and discouraged by his inability to break anything big - I don't know. If he gets comfortable in this offense, though, then that all could change. It takes time. I'm sure most of the body language that we are reading is because he's frustrated as hell, he's getting booed and he feels pressure from the big contract. I do know that he was trying hard on a lot of the routes he ran and he looked to be working his tail off to pick up blitzes for his QB.

What can i say? No one knows. He could be done. I think it's too early to bail yet in most cases. In redrat I'm sending out feelers to every owner in the league this week to see what comes back. After week a week 4 poor performance I'm looking to push hard on those owners who showed interest. In a keeper league I'm holding 'till the cows come home.

In a dynasty league on a team with poor depth that I recently took over I was offered Dez Bryant, Reggie Wayne and a 2012 first round pick for Johnson. The problem with the offer is that none of those pieces offer me any hope to fill the huge hole it would create at RB and Wayne is too old to benefit a team that needs work. I countered with Cam newton, CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant and a 2012 first round pick for Johnson.

0-3 and looking to shake things up. I give Witten, Moreno, Ocho, Newton for Marcedes, CJ, Matt Ryan

With no Britt, teams stack the line, but CJ gets leaned on ever more.....or no?

I traded CJ and got Andre Johnson in return a week ago. Was hesitant at the time. Looks good in hindsight.

Even though I'm a CJ owner, I think the Titans were crazy to give into his demands. With 2 years left on his contract, the power was completely with the Titans. If they chose not to pay him, he would've had to sit out not one year, but 2 years. By then, he probably would've been out of shape or completely irrelevant. I would bet that he would have came back on his own eventually after realizing all this.

Now, he really is playing like a player who just got 'paid'. I bet the Titans front office is regretting every minute of this. They could've gotten the same production from Ringer (most likely better) with millions and millions less money.

I just overpayed for CJ2K, but I am stacked at WR (upside-down draft strategy got me Megatron, Nicks, Welker, M. Austin) and weak at RB.

Gave up: Best/Megatron for CJ2K/Plax.

The other guy insisted on Megatron in the deal. I woulda rather given him Nicks, but he wouldn't budge.

Time will tell if CJ2K turns it around and takes me to the title game. If you used the upside-down strategy and grabbed stud WR's early, there may not be a better time than now to move one of them in a deal and gamble on CJ2K winning the league for you.

:popcorn:

In a dynasty league on a team with poor depth that I recently took over I was offered Dez Bryant, Reggie Wayne and a 2012 first round pick for Johnson. The problem with the offer is that none of those pieces offer me any hope to fill the huge hole it would create at RB and Wayne is too old to benefit a team that needs work. I countered with Cam newton, CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant and a 2012 first round pick for Johnson.
No way that's happening in a dynasty league, sorry.

Just offered Felix and MikeTB for CJ...not sure what will happen. Owner with CJ really needs WR help as he had Brit go down yesterday.
Any response to the offer - thinking of offering Felix straight up but at this point feel I"m overpaying. CJ owner is 0-3

I just overpayed for CJ2K, but I am stacked at WR (upside-down draft strategy got me Megatron, Nicks, Welker, M. Austin) and weak at RB.Gave up: Best/Megatron for CJ2K/Plax.The other guy insisted on Megatron in the deal. I woulda rather given him Nicks, but he wouldn't budge. Time will tell if CJ2K turns it around and takes me to the title game. If you used the upside-down strategy and grabbed stud WR's early, there may not be a better time than now to move one of them in a deal and gamble on CJ2K winning the league for you. :popcorn:
I hope it works out for you, but I think Megatron is going to challenge Randy's single season record this year. CJ just looks disinterest out there and is probably thinking about whatmodel Jacuzzi he wants in his bathroom.

'Boomer1 said:
Just offered Felix and MikeTB for CJ...not sure what will happen. Owner with CJ really needs WR help as he had Brit go down yesterday.
Any response to the offer - thinking of offering Felix straight up but at this point feel I"m overpaying. CJ owner is 0-3
Nope...and actually in the middle of the game last night I had second thoughts and pulled the offer. I think MikeTB will come around and Felix seems to be getting on track. He looked pretty good last night of course he got hurt again at the end of the game.

'SYMPHONY X said:
I just overpayed for CJ2K, but I am stacked at WR (upside-down draft strategy got me Megatron, Nicks, Welker, M. Austin) and weak at RB.Gave up: Best/Megatron for CJ2K/Plax.The other guy insisted on Megatron in the deal. I woulda rather given him Nicks, but he wouldn't budge. Time will tell if CJ2K turns it around and takes me to the title game. If you used the upside-down strategy and grabbed stud WR's early, there may not be a better time than now to move one of them in a deal and gamble on CJ2K winning the league for you. :popcorn:
I would not of moved megatron straight up for cj3 in any format. In non ppr Calvin will be wr1 at the end of the season 100% for sure. If hes not 1 in ppr he will be 2.

In a dynasty I finally traded CJ to a guy that has been after him for almost two years. I got Brees and Mathews for CJ and Matt Ryan.

He already owns Hillis and Foster and Vick is his other QB. I know that give him potentially a great stable of RBs but I needed an upgrade, especially at QB. Our dynasty league is QB heavy in points so I'm pretty happy with the deal.

I offered Foster for CJ to a guy who HAS to move CJ (keeper league) this year by week 10 or else get nothing in return...I am not expecting RB1 numbers here, but I think the gist of it is that CJ owners (whether redraft and especially keeper/dynasty_, expect nothing less and even more...good luck prying CJ from a dying owner's hands...

Some food for thought- last year, you could replace Chris Johnson's name with MJD in this conversation. MJD started very slow, everyone began saying he was done, that the team wasn't good enough for him to produce, that his knee injuries were going to wreck his season, that he had lost a step, that he seemed disinterested, etc... All MJD did after his slow start was perform as a top 3 RB (heck, even the top RB for quite a stretch) for the last 2/3 of the season until he missed week 16 with an injury.

The moral of this story is that, in almost all situations, talent will win out (especially elite talent of the Chris Johnson variety). If you have a chance to acquire Johnson for less than what it should cost to acquire him (if he had started out the season playing at his normal level), then you absolutely should jump at the chance. Even if it doesn't pan out, the idea of acquiring elite talents at a discount is good process regardless of the individual outcome.

I recently traded Jahvid Best and Rob Gronkowski for Chris Johnson and Bernard Scott in one of my keeper leagues to give some context for his value for those looking to get him (although it is not apples to apples as there are keeper costs, contract lengths, etc... that alter true values of players in that league).

Some food for thought- last year, you could replace Chris Johnson's name with MJD in this conversation. MJD started very slow, everyone began saying he was done, that the team wasn't good enough for him to produce, that his knee injuries were going to wreck his season, that he had lost a step, that he seemed disinterested, etc... All MJD did after his slow start was perform as a top 3 RB (heck, even the top RB for quite a stretch) for the last 2/3 of the season until he missed week 16 with an injury.The moral of this story is that, in almost all situations, talent will win out (especially elite talent of the Chris Johnson variety). If you have a chance to acquire Johnson for less than what it should cost to acquire him (if he had started out the season playing at his normal level), then you absolutely should jump at the chance. Even if it doesn't pan out, the idea of acquiring elite talents at a discount is good process regardless of the individual outcome.I recently traded Jahvid Best and Rob Gronkowski for Chris Johnson and Bernard Scott in one of my keeper leagues to give some context for his value for those looking to get him (although it is not apples to apples as there are keeper costs, contract lengths, etc... that alter true values of players in that league).
Look at CJ's game logs from his 2,000-yard season. Apart from a monster week 2, the first month was very mediocre. Then he blew up. Obviously, he has the talent, but this year just seems different. He seems disinterested in his performance now that he has his $$. 2.1 yards per carry is pathetic.

Some food for thought- last year, you could replace Chris Johnson's name with MJD in this conversation. MJD started very slow, everyone began saying he was done, that the team wasn't good enough for him to produce, that his knee injuries were going to wreck his season, that he had lost a step, that he seemed disinterested, etc... All MJD did after his slow start was perform as a top 3 RB (heck, even the top RB for quite a stretch) for the last 2/3 of the season until he missed week 16 with an injury.The moral of this story is that, in almost all situations, talent will win out (especially elite talent of the Chris Johnson variety). If you have a chance to acquire Johnson for less than what it should cost to acquire him (if he had started out the season playing at his normal level), then you absolutely should jump at the chance. Even if it doesn't pan out, the idea of acquiring elite talents at a discount is good process regardless of the individual outcome.I recently traded Jahvid Best and Rob Gronkowski for Chris Johnson and Bernard Scott in one of my keeper leagues to give some context for his value for those looking to get him (although it is not apples to apples as there are keeper costs, contract lengths, etc... that alter true values of players in that league).
Look at CJ's game logs from his 2,000-yard season. Apart from a monster week 2, the first month was very mediocre. Then he blew up. Obviously, he has the talent, but this year just seems different. He seems disinterested in his performance now that he has his $$. 2.1 yards per carry is pathetic.
And last year, everyone was saying that MJD was not a very good fantasy player unless he was scoring touchdowns and that he wouldn't score touchdowns because the offense wasn't good enough. Like I said before, talent will win out and in MJD's case, his talent carried him to a great last 2/3 of the season. I believe the same will happen with Chris Johnson. If you don't agree, I can hardly hold it against you as it is definitely a risky play to acquire him and not something the risk averse will be interested in. However, very few times have I ever found it to be a bad idea to acquire elite talents that start slow. It usually ends up working out very well if you can weather the early storm.

I am currently considering a proposal for CJ in exchange for Mendenhall. I am strongly considering it. The PIT O line is in shambles and Redman is getting not an insignificant share of carries.

i just pulled off torrain and cj2k for tate, tampa mike, and fred thomas....i have roddy, jennings and ap on my team, so cj is the xfactor

MJD and CJ are two completely different players. MJD is a grinder who can belt out yards 4 yards per carry over 20+ carries. I was an MJD owner last year, and even when he turned it around he did it through volume and heart and guts. CJ is almost entirely dependent on the big play. I really don't see CJ as a guy who is going to age very gracefully. His greatest asset is that he was always one step faster than everyone else on the field. Once he loses that step through age or wear, he's mortal.

Last edited by a moderator:
MJD and CJ are two completely different players. MJD is a grinder who can belt out yards 4 yards per carry over 20+ carries. I was an MJD owner last year, and even when he turned it around he did it through volume and heart and guts. CJ is almost entirely dependent on the big play. I really don't see CJ as a guy who is going to age very gracefully. His greatest asset is that he was always one step faster than everyone else on the field. Once he loses that step through age or wear, he's mortal.
He's...26...years...old! Even if you are correct and he is going to lose it very quickly as he ages, I am EXTREMELY skeptical that his aging process has begun at the ripe old age of 26.I'm certainly open to the possibility of being wrong, but like I said, I believe the process of acquiring elite, superstar level talents at a discounted price because they start the season slowly is ALWAYS a good practice and will overall result in a huge net positive for your team in the long run. If I am wrong in this particular instance, I am willing to live with that because I will be right more than I am wrong.

just got CJ/Ringer in dynasty for Jonathan Stewart/Spiller/Britt and a 1st rounder next year. I probably overpaid but I'm defending champ and still have a great team.

'SYMPHONY X said:
I would not of moved megatron straight up for cj3 in any format. In non ppr Calvin will be wr1 at the end of the season 100% for sure. If hes not 1 in ppr he will be 2.
Yeah, I agree on Megatron..probably shouldn't have done it even straight-up, but I have three other top WR's (PPR league) and I am no longer weak at RB as long as CJ2K isn't a total bust this year. Just couldn't stand the thought of leaning on Best all year long as my RB1. In PPR, I think CJ will be OK as I see him getting quite a few dump off passes from Hasselback, any of which he could take to the house at any time.

Was just offered Chris Johnson, Roddy White, and Santana Moss for Larry Fitz, Brandon Marshall, and Steve Smith (South)

I've already got Forte and Best as my RBs, and my WRs left would be Nelson, Meachem, and Emmanual Sanders. I think I'm getting younger with this trade. And I've got some trade bait now with Forte or Best... PPR Dynasty and I can only start 2RBs...

What says the Shark Pool? :popcorn:

I offered THT and Graham for Johnson. Have Foster, Mathews, Tate, Gronk at those positions and wouldn't give more.

Sitting at 3-0 so it made sense to pick up CJ to back up Rice. If a person can get him at a low to moderate value, I would take the chance. More than likely he is not going to do any worse than the player(s) that you traded to get him, but he has more up side to him than the player(s) that you traded away. I personally feel comfortable playing him every week and rolling the dice on him having a huge game!!

Get him if you can afford too!

If you actually watch CJ play he looks noticeably less quick in the first step in hitting the hole. He looks much less explosive. He should be trading at at a discount (rb#10). First step quickness is not a conditioning thing and he is not coming back from an injury. Red flags abound via the eyeball test

Still not overly concerned here. Concerned, yes. But still expecting he'll come around.
Honestly, I told myself that each and every week that I put Randy Moss in my lineup last year.Too much talent, too much talent, too much talent......

someone just tweeted this to CJ:

@ChrisJohnson28 even with only 140 char. your grammar should be better. it is beating your running game though

lol.

If you actually watch CJ play he looks noticeably less quick in the first step in hitting the hole. He looks much less explosive. He should be trading at at a discount (rb#10). First step quickness is not a conditioning thing and he is not coming back from an injury. Red flags abound via the eyeball test
:lmao:This stuff cracks me up. The Shark Pool is full of humorous nonsense these days rather than quality info.

I own CJ2K and fully expect him to turn things around.

There is a team that needs a RB (starting Blount and Starks) and deep at WR.

I offered CJ2K + Schaub for Calvin + Brady

He thought it was insulting.

I own CJ2K and fully expect him to turn things around.There is a team that needs a RB (starting Blount and Starks) and deep at WR.I offered CJ2K + Schaub for Calvin + BradyHe thought it was insulting.
Cause it is. #2WR and #1QB for #36RB and #15QB? Regardless of potential, I'd be insulted too. Its not like Calvin and Brady are scrubs.

Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson could be split out more as a receiver in the weeks ahead after making a sprawling 34-yard catch in Week 3. 'Of course I like that role,' Johnson said. 'I love running back, but it's always nice to be able to do different things so they just can't key on one thing.'

Fantasy Impact: The Titans are going to find all sorts of ways for him to get involved, especially since he isn't finding much room to run.

Source: KFFL.com

In dynasty ppr, I'm mulling over this offer:

Gates, Moreno, Vick, Branch and a first (mid/late)

for

Winslow, CJ, Newton and a third (mid/late)

I may be in denial, but I don't think it's enough to accept.

In dynasty ppr, I'm mulling over this offer: Gates, Moreno, Vick, Branch and a first (mid/late)for Winslow, CJ, Newton and a third (mid/late)I may be in denial, but I don't think it's enough to accept.
CJ >>>> Moreno. Make that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Winslow and Gates are a wash at this point with the uncertainty with Gates.Newton is Vick-like but way bigger and young.Branch is a good player but he's very old.I think the side giving up Gates is getting the best of the deal here. Gates might be done as a star. Moreno is a bust. Vick is getting used up at an alarming rate and Branch is near the end. There is no guarantees in the draft. For instance the late first would have been Greg Little this season whereas the third rounder could have been Denarious Moore.

'Goldfinger007 said:
Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson could be split out more as a receiver in the weeks ahead after making a sprawling 34-yard catch in Week 3. 'Of course I like that role,' Johnson said. 'I love running back, but it's always nice to be able to do different things so they just can't key on one thing.'Fantasy Impact: The Titans are going to find all sorts of ways for him to get involved, especially since he isn't finding much room to run.Source: KFFL.com
thats the way im looking at it. now with britt out of the picture and a variable damien williams in the mix :banned:

Just as an FYI..

I traded away CJ, Devery Henderson, and Gresham (TE/CIN)

for

Hakeem Nicks, Dustin Keller, and Janikowski

I have Fred Jackson and Mendenhall, needed kicker help

he lost Jamaal Charles

I own CJ2K and fully expect him to turn things around.There is a team that needs a RB (starting Blount and Starks) and deep at WR.I offered CJ2K + Schaub for Calvin + BradyHe thought it was insulting.
Yeah, that's pretty bad. Calvin >>> CJ2K and Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schaub

Users who are viewing this thread